Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hi from Namibia

Sparx

Hi I have been lurking on the forum for a couple of months now, buuuut I picked up mine today and rode it home, 420km. All tar unfortunately, but it was still awesome none the less. 

IMG_20211011_094221.jpg

• Like 6

X-Saffer, now in California. Congrats and Welkom Welkom!  4000M on mine, and I'm loving it more every time I get out on it 🙂

Dankie dankie, I am massively impressed with the bike, owned a 660 previously and I thought it was a good bike but this is way better. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sparx said:

Dankie dankie, I am massively impressed with the bike, owned a 660 previously and I thought it was a good bike but this is way better. 

I rode old XT500 and XT550 way back then, with drums still! Always lusted after the Original Tenere', so this is my dream bike. Load it up and GO!

@Sparxyou can be the high temp test rig and let us know what it’s like in the heat, after having the running temp cranked up for emissions.  Nice place to ride. 👍
we don’t use sun cream riding in Wales. We use goose fat. 😁🌊💦🥶

• Haha 1

My dad also had a xt500 back in the day

47 minutes ago, thepointchris said:

I rode old XT500 and XT550 way back then, with drums still! Always lusted after the Original Tenere', so this is my dream bike. Load it up and GO!

13 minutes ago, Dougie said:

@Sparxyou can be high temp test rig and let us know what it’s like in the heat, after having the running temp cranked up for emissions.  Nice place to ride. 👍
we don’t use sun cream riding in Wales. We use goose fat. 😁🌊💦🥶

🤣🤣 goose fat you say. The highest the running temperature got was 89°c  but that was while sitting at 160kph. The ambient temperature was a bit low though, 31°C.

Yeah we get 31 often too. Fahrenheit. 😁
(it’s not that bad. We do have some nice weather too. It’s just random. ) 

9 hours ago, Dougie said:

Yeah we get 31 often too. Fahrenheit. 😁
(it’s not that bad. We do have some nice weather too. It’s just random. ) 

😂😂😂 We only see 31 fahrenheit in winter and only for a short while.