Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Bought a T7

Ray Ride4life

Hi there.
My name is Ray and i just bought a 2020 T7 2 weeks ago with just 2909km on the odo.
On the testride i didn't get the hype yet but did want him.
On the way home i got the tools out for the first changes i should have done before leaving the shop. Why does every bike have the levers set so high? Also had to get the slack out of the throttle and these 2 things changed the bike.
Already did some more mods like double take mirrors, crashbars, Barkbusters, GPS mount (Zümo XT), USB charger, Rally Raid front seat fasteners and most important a set of multiple adjustable levers.
Adventure spec skidplate and OEM heated grips where already on the bike when i bought him.
On the way are wobbly head stabilisers (for the dash/GPS mount), tailtidy and a custom design sticker kit.
Also have a Honda Crosstourer and a XT660Z which is for sale, the T7 is a replacement for that also great bike but i want to go further with the possibility to do long distances on the highway to be able to spend more time offroad in more interesting places than the Netherlands.
Everything (well, at least a lot) i do with or on the bikes i share in a blog on ride4life.nl.
I do long trips like 7500km's through 16,5 countries last month with the Crosstourer i named Ragnarok and in July next year i want to take the T7 i named Sporherre (Norse for Tracklord) to the North Cape and back via St Petersburg and the Baltic states.
Guess this would be more than enough about me and if you want to know more you can find it on my site.
Only thing left is a picture, this was taken on the way home from the dealer after i picked him up.
spacer.png

Edited by Ray Ride4life
  • Like 2