Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

ACD Racing Skid Plate

Tenerecosse

5 hours ago, septentrion said:

I’m torn between black or stainless, stainless will show less scars I guess...

If it's raw metal you have the option to keep it raw, sandblasted/mat and to shine it to a mirror finish. If it's black it's black, but much more discret.

• Like 3

• Supporting Vendor
On 11/1/2019 at 1:20 PM, Oyley said:

I saw a pic of a standard Yamaha skid plate after a minor bump a few days ago....it was very much deformed...it may have done its job but probably needs replacing so I suspect one of these should be on my 'wish list '

I only wish I had that pic to show...maybe next time I see the guy he will share it.

Hey 👋 

I also saw these pictures. Standard Yamaha skid plates are covering your motorcycle from some minor damage and this guy’s original skid plate did it’s job. The damage was noticeable because original basic skid plate is just not supposed to be used for real off-roading, unlike 4mm skid plates.

Thank you for your nice feedback about the ACD skid plate! I believe you will like it even more once you have it on hands, after short waiting in your wish-list 😉

ACD RACING PARTS — Protect your passion

505339453_ACDTenere700banner(2)(1).jpg.012d53b10694aad8cdd4b956526d8020.jpg

• Supporting Vendor
On 11/3/2019 at 8:33 PM, septentrion said:

I’m torn between black or stainless, stainless will show less scars I guess...

Sometimes a choice between raw aluminium and black powder coated ACD skid plate is a real struggle 😣

In the end it’s really up to you, but we are here to give you some advise:

Raw aluminum: shines and reflects the surface you flow over, “battle scars” are less noticeable, so is recommended for those, who plan a lot of hard serious off-roading

Black powder coated: beautiful matt color, fits good all T7 color schemes (bottom of the T7 bike is always all-black), discrete look (you don’t notice the skid plate is fitted from a distance - the whole bottom of the bike seems like one solid part), looks crazy-nice in the sun and in a shadow

Lots of you guys are asking how durable is the black finish. It is durable. Powder coated skid plates have multiple thick layers of paint. And even after years of use — it still looks and performs good. Tested on thousands of skid plates for: Super Tenere, XT660, GS bikes and so on... The only thing is: serious scratches will be more noticeable than on raw aluminium one. But generally it will still look good.

Our advice is to focus on how or what for you‘ll use the skid plate:

• Raw aluminium — serious off-road usage.

• Black powder coating — prevention from stones and serious shocks during regular use.

I hope this didn’t make you even more confused, guys 🤪

Anything else you want to know about us? We will be glad to share some of our secrets! 🤫

P.S. I will post some beautiful pictures and videos of Tenere700 with ACD skid plates on our Instagram later on this week. Follow us for more! 

https://www.instagram.com/acdracing/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, septentrion said:

great infos, ordered the raw 👍

Thanks!

For the frenchies, here is an article about this skid plate 🙂

DSC01397.jpg

Un article détaillant le sabot moteur ACD racing pour ténéré 700. Comparaison avec l'origine avec de nombreuses photos pour se faire une vraie idée !

Find "mobylette rollers" on social medias ! 🙂

On 10/28/2019 at 3:18 PM, ACD Racing said:

Hey there, ACD Factory is on the line 😎

Thank you for nice comments on our plate, proud to hear good feedback on a quality product!

Central stand. Yes, ACD skid plate for Tenere 700 is compatible with central stand. Previously it was stated in our description that 2.0 version only will fit. Not true. All ACD skid plates sold and selling can be fitted with central stand.

Colors available. We have now the skid plate available in two options — "raw aluminium" and "black powder coated". Both perform good, it's just a question of taste, of what you like more. Black paint is thick and even after years of intensive use still looks nice, tested on other products like super tenere plates for example.

Mounting instructions. Mounting ACD skid plate is very easy and fast, as these are just 4 screws and washers, which come together with ACD protection plate. But to avoid any misunderstanding we did a mounting instructions video, see it on our product's page: 

MTC000205022B-03_1200x1200.jpeg?v=157225

Engine guard Yamaha Ténéré 700 / T7 TenereModel year | 2019   Skid Plate | Bashplate | Engine guard   Skid plate designed and manufactured by ACD Racing Parts to perfectly match the Yamaha Ténéré 700 model year 2019 motorcycles. This skidplate brings high levels of protection to the...

Some more nice pics of Tenere700 is always good 🙂 That's how the plate looks like on the bike:

20191027_150921_3ee11fd1-f482-49b9-977d-05465796b1d2_1024x1024.thumb.jpg.9d94956d2b6c0f6edc86f48fb8e001fd.jpgMTC000205022B-08_1024x1024.thumb.jpeg.fc42abf928952a9a687e9f407c36e0e6.jpeg

Any other question about ACD accessories — feel free to ask! Will be here to answer 😉

Is skid plate for Tenere 700 compatible with R&G engine case covers? Right side should be ok, but on the left  side of the engine  is there enough space between  the skid plate and the engine case to install R&G engine case cover? How many centimeters are between the edge of the ACD skid plate and the left side of the engine?

WP_20191031_15_51_16_Pro — kopia.jpg

• Supporting Vendor
54 minutes ago, slawmir said:

Is skid plate for Tenere 700 compatible with R&G engine case covers? Right side should be ok, but on the left  side of the engine  is there enough space between  the skid plate and the engine case to install R&G engine case cover? How many centimeters are between the edge of the ACD skid plate and the left side of the engine?

WP_20191031_15_51_16_Pro — kopia.jpg

Hey 👋 

thank for your question. I don’t know for sure, if these are compatible with ACD skid plate as we have never tried it on. But let’s find it out!

i have just measured the distance and it seems to have around 5-6mm of distance between the skid plate and the case at its closest point. Please see some pics attached. 

I have just checked their description and it seems to be done of 4mm polypropylene, so... it seems to be perfect fit. 

But to say it for sure, there is only one way – test it on the bike. What do you think?

6AB7FF21-8E9F-4EB0-87EE-990A38A2ADC5.jpeg

67EC5EA5-AE8D-4A06-8250-060A69AE5E93.jpeg

AD541E14-3A3B-4537-8CFD-2C8D23266E90.jpeg

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, ACD Racing said:

Hey 👋 

thank for your question. I don’t know for sure, if these are compatible with ACD skid plate as we have never tried it on. But let’s find it out!

i have just measured the distance and it seems to have around 5-6mm of distance between the skid plate and the case at its closest point. Please see some pics attached. 

I have just checked their description and it seems to be done of 4mm polypropylene, so... it seems to be perfect fit. 

But to say it for sure, there is only one way – test it on the bike. What do you think?

6AB7FF21-8E9F-4EB0-87EE-990A38A2ADC5.jpeg

67EC5EA5-AE8D-4A06-8250-060A69AE5E93.jpeg

AD541E14-3A3B-4537-8CFD-2C8D23266E90.jpeg

Thanks for your  answer.

I agree, only test on the bike would confirm that it's compatible.

• Like 1

Are You planning to develope other products than the skid plate? I would very much like to see Your version of the rear rack for example.

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

• Supporting Vendor
4 hours ago, Totti said:

Are You planning to develop other products than the skid plate? I would very much like to see Your version of the rear rack for example.

Hello! Yes we do plan to develop more things and we are on it. Currently we are working on crashbars 😏 No exact release date yet, but we will do our best to show them in 3-9 weeks. That's the product we concentrate on right now. We did not plan to reveal the rear rack in the nearest future, but might be one of the future products, thank you!

Other thoughts are on making footpegs extensions, windshield riser, sidestand foot extension, and maybe some frame protection so your boots don't rub the paint of the frame. These are the ideas. We all are a bit impatient when it comes to accessories release date hehe, but step by step we will reveal more and more things.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Supporting Vendor
On 12/30/2019 at 2:16 PM, DizzyNick said:

Hey ACD Racing, 

Can you remove the oil filter without taking off the skid plate?

Skid plate looks very good!

Hello!

Not quite sure the answer is any actual for you, sorry for a late response!

No, you can't but it only takes 1 minute to dismount the skid plate and 2 minutes to put it back. Just four screws and you have it all solved 🙂

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2019 at 1:03 PM, Stephen H said:

When I ordered my bike and Yamaha accessories I told them I needed to see those accessories before they fitted them. 
When I went to see them I found the skid plate to be a well made and strong item which also looks really good on the bike. 
The ACD racing one would have been my other option. 

Why did you choose the Yamaha plate over the ACD? I am evaluating for my future bike.

Does anyone make a plastic or polycarbonate skidplate? I am thinking of something quieter than metal with rocks thrown up by the front tire clanking off the plate.

Ahamav 

When I ordered my bike there wasn’t any other company making the plates. When I saw the plate at the garage it looked substantial and also had good coverage. I failed to look at the inside of the plate but the other day I was bored so thought I would drop it off and clean inside. I was surprised to see the quality of the welding. One side is different to the other as you can see in the picture. Has anyone else had the plate off and if so what was the welding like on yours. 
Cheers Steve 

D15DA25B-BCB1-4348-B6CD-BFE8FD395163.jpeg

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, Symon said:

Just bought one...thank you!.

Amazing, thank YOU! 🙂

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ACD Racing said:

Amazing, thank YOU! 🙂

6 hours ago, ACD Racing said:

Guys, special 20% offer will only be valid for the next 30 hours. Grab your ACD skid plate now!

Link:

https://www.acdracing.com/collections/skid-plates-trail/products/skid-plate-yamaha-tenere-700-2019

Can I buy one with the discount from ACD in the United States?

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

7 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

yes discount is for all of us.

Is there a code or something I need to enter when ordering?  I didnt see one.

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

6 minutes ago, Simmons1 said:

Is there a code or something I need to enter when ordering?  I didnt see one.

Dude, did you read the sale post? No, just order it. 

45182254_2176714862353304_28923886324909

We all know the virus is somewhere around. The best way to resist it is to keep washing your hands and stay protected. Your motorcycle probably won't catch the virus, but it needs protection too. And NOW is the best time to order it.A very special 20% discount on all our ACD range. Just add a product to cart and the d

2 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Dude, did you read the sale post? No, just order it. 

45182254_2176714862353304_28923886324909

We all know the virus is somewhere around. The best way to resist it is to keep washing your hands and stay protected. Your motorcycle probably won't catch the virus, but it needs protection too. And NOW is the best time to order it.A very special 20% discount on all our ACD range. Just add a product to cart and the d

Apparently not very well. LOL

• Haha 1