Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

ACD Racing Skid Plate

Tenerecosse

8 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

thats ok, they do have a few different threads going. 

Well unless I am really senile tonight I just ordered and the initial price didn't change at checkout. What should the discounted price be in the US?

Edited by Simmons1

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

1 minute ago, Simmons1 said:

Well unless I am really senile tonight I just ordered and the initial price didn't change at checkout. What should the discounted price be in the US?

@ACD Racing can you please help this member with their discount? 

9 minutes ago, Simmons1 said:

Im not gonna call you senile, but I think you are mistaken, I just checked their website and the normal price was $229 Euro, and when I added it to cart it dropped to $184.00 Euro and said corona virus sale. 

Full discount of 45.99 Euro applied!

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 6.16.09 PM.png

24 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Im not gonna call you senile, but I think you are mistaken, I just checked their website and the normal price was $229 Euro, and when I added it to cart it dropped to $184.00 Euro and said corona virus sale. 

Full discount of 45.99 Euro applied!

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 6.16.09 PM.png

Humor me and try it on the ACD US website.

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

2 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

I didn't know they had a usa website. Im sure acd will take care of ya. 

I'm sure it will get figured out. For future reference.     

ACD Racing Parts USA Aluminum Skid Bash Plates & Protectors for Motocross, Dirt Bike, Dual Sport Off-Road Adventure Motorcycles.

I already got a shipping notice and tracking number.

• Supporting Vendor
On 4/30/2020 at 2:05 AM, Simmons1 said:

Hello @Simmons1!

Hello @Cruizin

So sorry about leaving you without response for quite a while. I'm back now.

Unfortunately, the ACD USA branch was not taking a part in this promotion. 

Regards,

Pavel

ACD RACING PARTS — Protect your passion

505339453_ACDTenere700banner(2)(1).jpg.012d53b10694aad8cdd4b956526d8020.jpg

1 hour ago, ACD Racing said:

Hello @Simmons1!

Hello @Cruizin

So sorry about leaving you without response for quite a while. I'm back now.

Unfortunately, the ACD USA branch was not taking a part in this promotion. 

Regards,

Pavel

Thanks for following up.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Fitted mine today .............

IMG_6586.thumb.jpeg.81b9ae14b767403e4961d5ab7d4ed27c.jpeg

Welding on that is amazing 😄 

Would you be able to tell me the weigh difference from stock ?

Aleks 

It's definitely heavier but no surprise as the o/e part is as thin as anything.  If you're not taking your bike offroad then i don't think it's really a must to replace the original part.

I don't intend to use my bike for any serious off roading as I have other bikes for that but I know that I won't be able to resist doing the odd lane or a blat across Salisbury Plain so it was definitely worth getting this plate for that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor
On 5/26/2020 at 12:17 AM, Flyinbrianbmx said:

Can you lift the whole bike with a jack stand under this skid plate? It looks like

it has a pretty good flat surface on the bottom. @ACD Racing ??

Hello. Yes, it's flat underneath. Feel free to do that 🙂

• Supporting Vendor
On 5/26/2020 at 7:16 AM, close range said:

@ACD Racing just ordered a black skid plate for my T7. Thanks!

Thank you for choosing ACD! Feel free to share your honest feedback about ACD skid plate with all of us here. Have a nice day!

Looks like the US site went from 179.99 to 199.99 for the black version.  Bummer.

• 2 weeks later...

Received my ACD skid plate. Weighs a bit more than the stock cowling but to be expected and worthwhile.

Uses stock 4 mounting locations.

I didn't notice any difference in engine noise reflecting up to me with the ACD plate which is nice.

The plate looks great and offers the coverage I was looking for.

Very happy customer.

IMG_5759.jpeg

IMG_5729.jpeg

IMG_5728.jpeg

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators
46 minutes ago, Aaron said:

@ACD any black friday deals possible ???

Last visit to this forum by ACD Europe shows February 11th and no visits on the US vendor thread since January 2nd.  Having said that,  their European website shows a Black Friday sale, but their lack of response here to forum members might be of concern. 

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• 11 months later...

Love my A CD skid plate! But I just added a full Titanium Arrow exhaust now it will not fit! So either need to modifythe plate or sell it and buy a new one! Be warned Arrow Headers do not fit with ACD  skid plates! So bummed! 

Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will long to return!

• 5 months later...

My new ACD skidplate is making contact with the original headers... 

I put some washers underneath and it seems ok now, but still quite tight.

It's touching right on the corner of that little window, can anyone share a pic on how much space there is on theirs between header and plate? thx

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/1/2023 at 12:50 PM, OK185 said:

My new ACD skidplate is making contact with the original headers... 

I put some washers underneath and it seems ok now, but still quite tight.

It's touching right on the corner of that little window, can anyone share a pic on how much space there is on theirs between header and plate? thx

I bought my ACD skid plate used, but was never installed.   When I tried to install it before it was powder coated, it hit the factory header.  I put the skid plate on top of a thick piece of foam and beat the $hit out of it with a rubber hammer.   I was able to get to clear the exhaust header and add a little extra room too.  I am glad I didn't pay but $100 for it. 

The skid plate has been great and held up to lots of hits.   I did order the ACD linkage guard, I suggest it.