Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

ACD Racing Skid Plate

Tenerecosse

So you beat it at the spot where it hits the header? I will maybe try this, but mine is powder coated from factory so it might flake off.

Mine touched at the exhaust header and at the water pump pipes.

I wrote to ACD and they told me to check the fitment of the header pipes and to grind away some material from the skidplate.  🤔

Well I'm not going to open up the factory header pipe bolts to risk leaks afterwards.

To design a skidplate with such little clearance might just not be the best idea in the first place. 

In the end I bent out the tab at the water pump with a vice, fitted washers underneath and ground away some material and now it fits OK.

I also put some piece of bicycle tubes at the mounting points to reduce the vibration noise.  

All in all it was quite a hassle to fit this plate. It's annoying to buy expensive parts which don't fit as they should.

Good reminder on why I only put the bare minimum of stuff on my bike. 

Edited by OK185