Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Is this Tenere forum in Tapatalk?

Totti

Tried to look, but didn't find.

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Cruizin said:

No, I dumped Tapatalk a few years go as they are a serious security concern. They require giving them full access to my server and website data.  That ain't happening. 

That certainly wasn't the case with the forum I had for years, made a massive difference to traffic having tt

33 minutes ago, cabby said:

That certainly wasn't the case with the forum I had for years, made a massive difference to traffic having tt

If you owned and managed the forum and server, I am surprised to hear you say anything positive about Tapatalk.  Most every forum owner I know hates Tapatalk. Tons of security vulnerabilities , bugs and issues. Horrible support, slow support. Report an issue and they take 3-4 days just to respond. 

Go on to the Website admin forums and Im not alone, cannot find any server admin that trusts or likes Tapatalk. 

See for yourself. https://theadminzone.com/threads/xenforo-2-1-3-and-tapatalk.151659/

Again they require full access to the forum data files, including members forum login details, email addresses, and they REMOVE all of the security features that I have built into this forum to protect you guys and gals.  I am not giving all of that to Tapatalk and you should be happy that Im not risking our security and software integrity. 

Tapatalk was good back when forums could not be used on smartphones. But our forum software is 100% phone responsive so there is no need to give all of my server data and my members data to Tapatalk. 

We take security and your data protection pretty seriously around here. 

• Like 3
  • Premium Member

Ours was hosted via Invision, and to be fair, although I owned it, I did leave the technical stuff to someone who actually knew what he was doing. 

My point about tt was, for users it was/is so much easier to access a forum using it than other ways..IMO of course. I still use it to browse the other bike forums I'm on today.  

Also, to make the forum compatible with tapatalk, we would have to lose gallery, membermap and a few other features that tapatalk wont work with.  Plus, tapatalk allows spammers to bypass the antispam features that I built into the forum.

Plus, there are multiple reports of tapatalk using bitcoin mining software to allow using visitors computers to mine for bitcoin without their permission. 

On 10/17/2019 at 4:56 PM, Cruizin said:

No, I dumped Tapatalk a few years go as they are a serious security concern. They require giving them full access to my server and website data.  That ain't happening. 

We are working on another phone app solution , and until then this website is 100% phone friendly .

Now that I've been using this with my phone, I must say that this is a phone friendly forum 

• Like 1

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

• 1 year later...

Update:

The forum software company is launching their own forum app pretty soon and I will be adding this website for their phone app, along with my other Yamaha forums.  Ill announce when it is ready, sometime in 1st quarter 2021.  This will add phone notifications and make important posts and replies a lot easier to find. Kinda like facebook, without all the dumb drama. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...