Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

8 months owner review

JayD

Hello motorcycle friends!

Here is my review of the Tenere 700 after owning it for 8 months.

Enjoy!

Edited by JayD
  • Like 3

Jay, thanks for taking the time.

I have to say though, the DRZ just burned my head out, so cut short at the halfway stage 🤔

I own both the T7 and a DRZ 400s and I can tell you he's spot-on about the weight / high center of gravity. I, too find this to be the only drawback to this bike when traveling off-road or on gravel. I won't be selling mine anytime soon (if ever) but if I'm riding alone in these conditions I take the DRZ. Not only is it 125# lighter but the center of gravity is much lower. It's really obvious when they're sitting side by side and you can see the height of the engines.

This might not be an issue for a very experienced off-road rider but I'm also in the less experienced category and I cannot lift this bike my myself.

@JayD That was a very practical and in my opinion, accurate review. Good analogies too.

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 2:45 AM, JayD said:

Hello motorcycle friends!

Here is my review of the Tenere 700 after owning it for 8 months.

Enjoy!

Nice job loved the shots of ride...