Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New T7 Raid from Yamaha

James

3 hours ago, Alf Meister said:

Oil capacity is up by 0.4 ltr, wonder if the have fitted an oil cooler like the Rally Raid? Looks like checking coolant level will be an easy job. 

4082BF10-974C-4F7B-AA8A-78F53F2B0907.jpeg

0.4 liter more oilcapacity....that means much higher costs at oilchange maintenance....thats a no go for me ...😄

• Haha 3

I'm all for another option.  Hopefully they keep the base T7 for a long time.  The only improvements the base model T7 needs is a high exhaust and less weight.  I don't want bigger tanks, this thing is too heavy already.  Suspension is something individual buyers can deal with on their own.  Keep it simple, keep it lite, keep it cheap.  There are a lot of bikes in the upscale market to choose from.  We need at least one simple/lite/cheap option.  Long live the original base model T7.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Idarex said:

I'm all for another option.  Hopefully they keep the base T7 for a long time.  The only improvements the base model T7 needs is a high exhaust and less weight.  I don't want bigger tanks, this thing is too heavy already.  Suspension is something individual buyers can deal with on their own.  Keep it simple, keep it lite, keep it cheap.  There are a lot of bikes in the upscale market to choose from.  We need at least one simple/lite/cheap option.  Long live the original base model T7.

I'm not religious but "amen".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Idarex said:

Couldn’t agree with you more, keep the base model basic, cheap and light. Then offer a fully kitted out version for the adventure travel buyers. Honda have kind of done something similar, base model is cheaper, lighter and has tubed wheels, but the ATAS has the bigger tank, cruise, tubeless, bigger fairing and screen, luggage rack etc, thats what Yamaha should be doing.

• Like 4

It still looks ok. Not as nice as the standard slim lines though. I’m all for keeping it simple. Tenere was always a simple, fatter tanked Xt for travelling so this sort of makes sense if we are on the “Xt” now, but my 23 litre 600 weighs 170kg fully fuelled. I’ll bang my acerbis on when needed and raise the exhaust. Then it’s perfect. They should have listened to over 5000 people on this forum when thinking of improvements. Fat tank option. High exhaust option. Tubeless rims option. That’s 60% of the content on here covered. 🍺

bear in mind it was £8300 when released. 🤔

• Like 6

Suspension upgrade is nice, but bike is way too fat.... Looks like an oil tanker head on!  And what were Yamaha thinking by not raising the exhaust or at least changing the hanger so its not integral to the frame.

Not sure why people are obsessed with fuel range - are any of you really riding 500km without a refueling opportunity? Bet its a minority...

I'm about to pull the trigger on a T7, and looks like I'll stick to the base model over the WR and spend the difference on upgrades...

Edited by Redline
  • Like 4

@Dougie

that's the point.

I think almost all possible wishes can be fulfilled already with aftermarket parts.

More fuel? Acerbis, Cameltank, ...

Different suspension? LOTS of options.

Raised exhaust? Camel ADV, HP Corse, Huzzar.

Tubeless conversion might be the most difficult part yet, but there are several options as well (Excel rims, rim strips, ...).

Oh wait: No aftermarket TFT! 😁

It's really a pity that they keep rising the price for the T7. It's not THAT competitively priced nowadays, hitting roughly 10600€ in Germany. As you all know, another 1000 bucks are easily spent.

This is not that far from an - admittedly ugly - 890 Adventure (not R), which has 20l fuel capacity, great suspension and a low COG due to its sagging-tits-tank (apologies for that, I'm not a native speaker 😉).

Edited by Tenerider
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Alf Meister said:

Oil capacity is up by 0.4 ltr, wonder if the have fitted an oil cooler like the Rally Raid? Looks like checking coolant level will be an easy job. 

4082BF10-974C-4F7B-AA8A-78F53F2B0907.jpeg

Current version already has an oil cooler.  It's what the filter spins onto.  I haven't found any parts diagrams yet showing the new WR version to compare.  Maybe the cooler or some lines are larger.

It looks like Yamaha UK has the new Ténéré 700 World Raid posted on their website.

1157347719_T7WorldRaid.thumb.JPG.5ef87ce5eeed5e9a251c04ce6f711167.JPG

That equals $19,994.35 Canadian, or $15,754.25 USD. at todays exchange rate and not including Taxes, Shipping, Fees, etc.

Hmmmm, I don't see anything saying Tubeless Wheels? :o(

Edited by Rocky_Mtn_T7
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rocky_Mtn_T7 said:

That equals $19,994.35 Canadian, or $15,754.25 USD.

It was just last year the T7 was under $10k in the USA, now close to $16K! 

I didn't think I really need $6k more "stuff". I wonder if the new seat is more comfortable....

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Increased suspension travel by 20mm on the front and 10mm on the back, but... increased weight by 20kg (still high COG) and no power increase = step backwards.

Colour display - that's actualy quite nice, but those display modes will make you think  you are changing mapping, and there will be still poor 72 BHP coming out of it 🤣  PMSL

This version should be called "touring". 

Raid version should have this suspension, but same weight as standard (old) bike, and engine tuned to at least 80BHP like Aprilia Tuareg. Together with tubeless wheels this would be a real improvement.

... waiting for Japanese manufacturer to release competitive adventure bike is like pulling the tooth 🙃 Painful and takes ages!

• Like 6

To be fair:

T7: 204 kg wet, 16l fuel

T7WR: 220 kg wet, 23l fuel

So, something like 5-6kg of its additional weight originate from fuel.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

To be fair:

That’s still 10kg of blubber.  Wait…sorry that’s my lockdown gain. 🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩😳

you’re right about the aftermarket brigade. Loads to choose from.  And increasing. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Boyca said:

Anyone know what these controls on the left side of the handlebar are for?

2022_02_17_0iw_Kleki.png

Direct line to Starbucks...¿

• Haha 5

I have 3 theories, either it's a cruisecontrol they later on decided to not include, windshield height adjuster or some stupid chrono timer function on the tft display.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boyca said:

Anyone know what these controls on the left side of the handlebar are for?

2022_02_17_0iw_Kleki.png

Signal light (blinker) control?  Or an ejection button?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Landshark said:

Signal light (blinker) control?  Or an ejection button?

You can still see the symbols for the normal indicator controls to it's left, I doubt that changed to such a weird design?

• Like 1

It's the bulshit button that go's with the TFT you don't need just like the extra weight.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Tenerider said:

To be fair:

Standard T7 Euro5 is about 207kg wet. Yamaha claims 204kg, but that is the actual weight of the Euro4 model (actually, close to 205kg). Probably, somehow Yamaha was allowed to "homologate" the Euro5 model with no need of weighting it again, due the minimal changes.

So the real difference between standard and raid versión is about 13kg.

5 or 6 of them shoud be fuel.

0.4 should be oil. 

Those metal (alu??) crash bars should be, at least, 3kg. This should be a good thing if it protecs the fuel tanks efficiently.

Fuel tanks (being metal) and two caps should be heavier than in the standard T7. Lets say 1 to 2 kg.

There're still 2 or 3 kg left to justify, but it starts to make sense.

They should use plastic fuel tanks insteed metal ones.

Also, all those people putting 8kg top heavy crashbars, shouldn't be saying anything about the raid model weight or Starbucks rides.

Edited by Quercus Petraea
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tenerider said:

Come on, crash bars do make sense... 🙂

The WR would also need them. IMHO.

The raid version includes side metal protectors. They are minimal, and we don't know if they will work well enough, but they look close to the minimalistic low bars Outback-Motorteck makes for the T7, wich are only 2,5kg and more than enough protection.

If the raid version ones doesn't work, I guess Outback-Motorteck could make a improved version with no weight increase.

Edited by Quercus Petraea
  • Like 2

A bigger, more comfortable bike for distance makes sense ( and there’s a market for them) and would come with extra weight etc but it’s competition also has a load more power. Maybe they should have added some cubes. Or maybe they’re trialling it all for a cp3? 🤔That would be smart, as long as our pride and joy lighter, simpler 700s would still be available as they are. 5000 riders can’t all be wrong. 
not that any of it matters, mine’s not going anywhere, it’s a lifer. As said above, we’ve probably got them the way we want them near enough now anyway. 

• Like 5

Here’s a few screen grabs of the T7 & T7 WR. I tried to line them up the same so you can see the difference in width and height. 

DC614F07-65E3-4B45-A16F-05AC54FC7E12.jpeg

791AF177-791E-4561-AC5E-7686605E7FC7.jpeg

094C0EC0-F22B-4B7F-9CA2-CC3AAF0FDE8E.jpeg

4A83FF36-1171-458C-BD37-E9B495B04B68.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Alf Meister said:

Here’s a few screen grabs of the T7 & T7 WR. I tried to line them up the same so you can see the difference in width and height. 

DC614F07-65E3-4B45-A16F-05AC54FC7E12.jpeg

791AF177-791E-4561-AC5E-7686605E7FC7.jpeg

094C0EC0-F22B-4B7F-9CA2-CC3AAF0FDE8E.jpeg

4A83FF36-1171-458C-BD37-E9B495B04B68.jpeg

I’ll take the slim pretty one, you can go my wing man😂

• Haha 1