Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New T7 Raid from Yamaha

James

47 minutes ago, Alf Meister said:

Here’s a few screen grabs of the T7 & T7 WR. I tried to line them up the same so you can see the difference in width and height. 

DC614F07-65E3-4B45-A16F-05AC54FC7E12.jpeg

791AF177-791E-4561-AC5E-7686605E7FC7.jpeg

094C0EC0-F22B-4B7F-9CA2-CC3AAF0FDE8E.jpeg

4A83FF36-1171-458C-BD37-E9B495B04B68.jpeg

Nice comparison shots.  You can really see the difference in width for sure.  Maybe the WR will allow better wind protection.  😄  Thanks for posting that up.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Landshark said:

Nice comparison shots.  You can really see the difference in width for sure.  Maybe the WR will allow better wind protection.  😄  Thanks for posting that up.  

They (deflectors) should be available from the dealer soon and probably fit straight on. 

• Like 2

Regarding the new switches on the left: according to an article on speedweek.com (in German) "buttons on the left of the cockpit" are for immediate ABS re-engagement at any time (disengagement still requires a complete stop).

See here, Google translate might work for most of you:

628cc2f9f3b14e278692bcac11507c52.jpg?pre

Es gab ein paar Wünsche, die bislang unerfüllt blieben. Mit der Ténéré 700 World Raid wird Yamaha ausnahmslos alle erfüllen, ohne die puristische...

In general, they claim Yamaha listened to all wishes and ignored marketing guys (referring to electronic riding aids).

Well,... 🤨

• Like 2

Rubber Dust decal kits coming soon……..I’ll take a 46 please. Vote for your favourite, A,B or C.

1D4F9847-F6AA-439C-AC26-32FDE77BCE85.jpeg

479FFD1B-7B78-4EB1-B0E5-AA4B9C048736.jpeg

7A4EE6A1-271F-44DB-9D60-1B4076359FDD.jpeg

Edited by Alf Meister
  • Like 5

The bike seems to look lighter with those decals.

@Tenerider I agree with you: well...

@Dougie To me, the deflectors look no different, which is why I wonder if the WR really will offer better wind protection. 

Edited by qInvention
  • Like 2

Prices for 2022 are anounced in the Netherlands:

Tenere World raid €14.499

Tenere Rally edition €13.599

Tenere €12.099

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/16/2022 at 12:30 PM, willy_79 said:

Hi Kalle. Congrats 👍. I’ll also reserved mine in November. Yesterday I’ll bought blue one. The estimated delivery time is in May. 
I kept my mouth shut until it was official 😂.

Must confess I will keep my 2021 Rally. More interested in Enduro. Not much deserts around Stockholm...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Still nothing posted on the Yamaha Canada or Yamaha US websites. Both sites only list the standard T7's. Not even the Rally as an option. So I won't be surprised if is the World Rally never sets foot in North America. If it does it won't be for a while and until it sales show to be popular enough in every other market around the world.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The bikes not even been launched at the dealers and the price has gone up by £200 to £11800 🤔. My dealer (big dealer that has sold a lot of T7’s) said he’d only had 2 orders and was rather disappointed at Yamaha’s pricing of the T7WR. 

I’m sure it’ll be a great bike but I think Yamaha have lost the plot on pricing of both the standard T7 and the T7WR. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

My thoughts, too.

Started around 9000 € over here, now it's 10.500.

2 hours ago, Lewie said:

I picked mine up for £8750 otr on a ‘22 plate

Good deal. Was it a 21 machine or new colours? I had the 21 plate on a 20. I just had the pre price bump price. But other better deals could be had further afield. 

29 minutes ago, Lewie said:

It’s the old colours (white) but to be honest I preferred it

So did I. Still got the old price, which meant roughly 10.100.

4 hours ago, Tenerider said:

So did I. Still got the old price, which meant roughly 10.100.

👍 Yeah same with helmets and all sorts for me. A deal over “new line” any day. I’ve not seen a colour scheme I don’t like yet anyway. Just wish the new white rally scheme was out at the time. Now I just have to get the decals and plastics and paint the rims to look 1vj. 

Edited by Dougie
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2022 at 10:21 AM, Boyca said:

Anyone know what these controls on the left side of the handlebar are for?

2022_02_17_0iw_Kleki.png

Flux capacitor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve ordered mine in black in the UK. Should be here within a month though judging by a lot of the chatter here I won’t be welcome.

Look at some pictures of people stacking their panniers with the kitchen sink, a few KG is going to make little difference as I’m not Pol Tarres and won’t be canyon jumping.  I will be fire road scrambling and single tracking though. All the things I can do on a GSA with the needed added UK weather protection and much less weight. Fueling once a fortnight sounds great too.

Cant wait…

• Like 4

6 hours ago, LeighA said:

I’ve ordered mine in black in the UK. Should be here within a month though judging by a lot of the chatter here I won’t be welcome.

Look at some pictures of people stacking their panniers with the kitchen sink, a few KG is going to make little difference as I’m not Pol Tarres and won’t be canyon jumping.  I will be fire road scrambling and single tracking though. All the things I can do on a GSA with the needed added UK weather protection and much less weight. Fueling once a fortnight sounds great too.

Cant wait…

Its not that you won’t be welcome here, of course you will.  I think secretly there are plenty on here who will like the WR when they see it, its  just many of us think its too expensive for what your getting and some think it too wide and heavy.

Pretty sure its going to be a great bike and I hope you really enjoy it. Make sure you come on here and wax lyrical about it when you get it with plenty of photos. Look forward to hearing all about it soon 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alf Meister said:

Its not that you won’t be welcome here, of course you will.  I think secretly there are plenty on here who will like the WR when they see it, its  just many of us think its too expensive for what your getting and some think it too wide and heavy.

Pretty sure its going to be a great bike and I hope you really enjoy it. Make sure you come on here and wax lyrical about it when you get it with plenty of photos. Look forward to hearing all about it soon 👍

And keep in mind that most of us have to bash it, simply to confirm to ourselves that our old T7's are better 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Course. I’ll be asking you for a ride. 😉. I’m sure if Yamaha came to each of us here to design the next “perfect” Tenere, not one would look like the next. 😁. It’s a great bike in all shapes and forms for different reasons to different people. It’s that engine. It’s fantastic. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dougie said:

Course. I’ll be asking you for a ride. 😉. I’m sure if Yamaha came to each of us here to design the next “perfect” Tenere, not one would look like the next. 😁. It’s a great bike in all shapes and forms for different reasons to different people. It’s that engine. It’s fantastic. 

Seems you are up or down the road from me in South Wales. Sure the TET is a fun way to meet up somewhere once it arrives.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LeighA said:

Seems you are up or down the road from me in South Wales. Sure the TET is a fun way to meet up somewhere once it arrives.

Sounds good to me. 👍cardiff m4. I see a few t7s about usually going the other way on the m4. Looks from your pic you picked her up from CMC. I’m in that area most days. 

Edited by Dougie

4 hours ago, Dougie said:

Sounds good to me. 👍cardiff m4. I see a few t7s about usually going the other way on the m4. Looks from your pic you picked her up from CMC. I’m in that area most days. 

I’m ex-Cardiff. Whitchurch and other areas. Now outer Newport at the entrance to all the good hills where I usually start from. CMC it is, good crew there. I’ll be stalking them through May till my T7 WR arrives. Using the BMW scrambler a lot right now because karma may bite but looking forward to T7 WR fun and some Moto-camping soon if you fancy joining?

• Like 1