Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New T7 Raid from Yamaha

James

9 hours ago, Alf Meister said:

I read on another forum that bikes are starting to arrive at the dealers, couldn’t confirm that’s true or not. 

In the meantime heres a great vid to enjoy while your waiting 😉

https://youtu.be/U1HfsqjnEc0

Alf Meister, here, being assembled on Monday and picking up Wednesday.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LeighA said:

One of these black beauties is mine. Came down for a look and had a call on the way telling me it’s in. Just a few days to wait for it to be built.

55BDDB24-19E8-4E31-8528-D44B9FBA3826.jpeg

5FF09A32-A218-4EE7-9122-FDF78DEA5455.jpeg

615F9050-5AF0-49FF-8D3B-DE40C8CBC7D1.jpeg

Great to hear!

Keep us updated!

• Like 2

On 2/15/2022 at 2:37 PM, williestreet said:

Your original post said you ordered one and would have it in May.  

Hey I am happy to be wrong and see things are progressing faster than I initially expected.  It would certainly be great to see another model, but we all know how long it can take to bring these to market.  

The estimated price jump they state is significant.  I will be curious to see what that equals for us here in North America.  I can see a staggered rollout for this as well.  Probably a year after Europe gets delivery will we be able to buy one.

No big deal for me either way.  A price jump like they estimate will put  it beyond what I would likely be willing to shell out for a toy, but you never know.    I certainly wouldn't buy a KTM, but if the price gets up that high many will just go orange.  

As mentioned post of a pic of the bike you ordered in May. We will be watching. 🙂 

Hi, @williestreet These came in to CMC Yamaha yesterday, Friday. I’m picking mine up on Wednesday.

10125BFA-242F-4882-B2B5-AA08B69DC7AD.jpeg

3B801CB9-8749-40FF-B06D-2ED26BD091DB.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LeighA said:

Hi, @williestreet These came in to CMC Yamaha yesterday, Friday. I’m picking mine up on Wednesday.

10125BFA-242F-4882-B2B5-AA08B69DC7AD.jpeg

3B801CB9-8749-40FF-B06D-2ED26BD091DB.jpeg

Congrats, nice ride.

Happy to be wrong on this one,  enjoy your new ride.  Hopefully these will make it to North America next year. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, williestreet said:

Congrats, nice ride.

Happy to be wrong on this one,  enjoy your new ride.  Hopefully these will make it to North America next year. 

@williestreet thanks very much. North America will truly be a fantastic place to enjoy such a bike. 

Just had a look at a blue T7WR at a dealer and it looks great, it was sold so didn’t have sit on it, but very nice it was 👍

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alf Meister said:

Just had a look at a blue T7WR at a dealer and it looks great, it was sold so didn’t have sit on it, but very nice it was 👍

I’ve not sat on it yet either. I have a bit of leg wiggle room on my T7 now and hoping that’s enough. Apparently 2cm makes all the difference!!

There were at least. 2 in my local dealership- just went down this morning to book my 1st service

332589DF-2FC5-4DB2-876F-F1962C3059FE.jpeg

F5E6527A-8D80-4774-B4EF-DA14363A0181.jpeg

Edited by Lewie
  • Like 4

On 5/13/2022 at 12:46 AM, Dougie said:

I’m quite liking yammys own high mudguard kit. 

Same. I ordered for my own bike.

yamaha-tenere-world-raid-01.jpg?mode=max&quality=90&scale=down

• Like 2

+ black skid plate, licence plate holder, panel guard etc. 

This time next week I'll be driving with my new bike, hopefully.

Edited by willy_79
  • Like 3

If anyones interested, here are the new displays. 

BBA7B163-CB7D-4B75-8704-9C5FC2013B39.jpeg

7DA2B1E8-0A9E-4D0D-A5A3-218068B5658A.jpeg

6E053E99-1374-4E91-BD7A-EE62B0004CA2.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, LeighA said:

If anyones interested

Thanks, I think that was a good change.

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

17 minutes ago, Hibobb said:

Thanks, I think that was a good change.

Actually, I really prefer the old one... I absolutely hate analog-style instruments on digital screens, for example. Also think the rpm graph on the last pic is in an odd position.

That said, it might still be more functional and/or have better readability.

And I'm still jealous 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

Actually, I really prefer the old one... I absolutely hate analog-style instruments on digital screens, for example. Also think the rpm graph on the last pic is in an odd position.

That said, it might still be more functional and/or have better readability.

And I'm still jealous 😁

I'll be sticking with the new version of the old one (last one). Let's see how accurate the fuel gauge is and if it's an improvement The screen controls took a wee bit of getting used to, but I'll only ever use the ABS function I imagine. Looks snazzy with the Quad locked iPhone mini in map mode. 

Overall impression of the bike was that the added weight was not an issue (not much fuel in there though), just as buttery smooth as the original. The pegs are awesome (huge). Screen and tank offer noticeably better weather protection (good in Welsh mountain rain.) The seat is comfier and more roomy. The steering damper works well on the rough stuff to prevent unintended steering when hitting stuff. Didn't feel any suspension improvement on day 1, more to come on that front. It was a bit nerve wracking taking her off tarmac straight away, but better than Starbucks.... 

• Like 3

Where did you take her @LeighA? Not too rough before the polish and protection is fitted I hope? 🤟

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dougie said:

Where did you take her @LeighA? Not too rough before the polish and protection is fitted I hope? 🤟

Up over the tops to the old gas station above Newbridge/Cwmbran and Twmbarlwm. Gonna get her filthy before the ACF bath at 600miles. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I still think it's a wrong turn for bikes like this.
Glad you're happy but it still is the wrong choice.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

I still think it's a wrong turn for bikes like this.
Glad you're happy but it still is the wrong choice.

Glad we have choices. For me this is the correct choice.

• Like 7

I really think this bike has a great potential for easily removing weight and no needing to ad crash bars.

And these two things together are a good combo

Edited by Quercus Petraea
  • Like 1

My OCD would only give me one choice on the display, a symmetrical view, although the ABS warning light is causing major issues 😜

6C0B9FAA-89C8-4984-93F2-80F8216502A9.jpeg

Edited by Alf Meister
  • Haha 2

Congrats guys on your new WR T7! I love the new display. 

Edited by Rekiem
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2022 at 10:14 AM, LeighA said:

If anyones interested, here are the new displays. 

BBA7B163-CB7D-4B75-8704-9C5FC2013B39.jpeg

7DA2B1E8-0A9E-4D0D-A5A3-218068B5658A.jpeg

6E053E99-1374-4E91-BD7A-EE62B0004CA2.jpeg

Is the speedometer still out by 8 to 10 km per hr.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can you take some pick of how the steering damper is mounted?  I’m really curious to see if it could be mounted on a regular T7 easily, or if it’s mounted on some part specific to the new tank on the Raid version. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Landshark said:

Is the speedometer still out by 8 to 10 km per hr.?

Hi @Landshark  I figured my old T7 was only a few weeks ago. I tested it against a GPS app on a iPhone 12 mini. It was reading 10% slower across all speed limits. I can confirm from a test just run that the WR is exactly the same. Still, at this rate I’ll never get a speeding ticket on tarmac. Now off-road, that’s another matter!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1