Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Another Washington State guy

SeaRun1

Hello All,

Recently decided to upgrade my Honda CRF250L to the new Tenere.  The Honda was my intro to dual sport riding and really lived up to its nickname of the “Little Red Pig”.  I have a Tracer 900 for the road and two stroke YZ250x for the single track.  Realized that if I want to explore the back roads with gear I would need a Tenere.  My main goal is to camp and explore on this bike.

Got on a waiting list a couple of weeks ago with the local dealer but made a call this morning to a dealer south of me and just missed one that went unclaimed.   An hour later they called back and said if I wanted it I could have it.  So Saturday I pick up a 2021 Tenere in black.

Looking  forward to learning a bunch from this group.   Now to start snooping for add ons for the bike.

SR1

Edited by SeaRun1
  • Like 3

Congratulations on the big find.  And a black one too!  If you need any help spending your money, just let us know.  We have lot's of good ideas. 🤪

Welcome aboard.

One of my favorite things to do is add cool things to a new bike.  First priority is a rear rack and panniers and a good quality skid plate.  Any suggestions?

SR1

The rear rack and the panniers have to fit together.  There's lots of info on this site regarding that.  I always suggest the Camel ADV skid plate as that is what I'm using and it's top notch stuff.  And there is lot's of other Camel stuff you may like on their site.

Fuel tanks and protection parts for adventure and dual sport motorcycles.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well I have had the bike out on three rides now.  What a great bike.  A long time ago I was interested in an MT-07.  Got talked out of it by friends for a variety of reasons.  Went with the bigger CP3 engine on the Tracer.   That is a good engine and so is the CP2.  I just love the sound of the bike.  I am just having a blast riding it around.  Its about the perfect bike for my pursuits.  

Have crash bars, rear rack, hand guards and anti-bobble head installed.  Gonna ride for awhile and see what I want from there.  Right now just looking for a new GPS (Zumo XT or Montana 7xx) and need to decide if I will go with soft bags or a rack on the bike.  Just going to do relatively local camping trips into the Cascades or Olympics.  Maybe the WABDR this summer.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

SR1

• 1 month later...

I live in WA too, Enumclaw. I use my T7 for very similar things. Mine came with hard panniers and a rack but I replaced with soft bags. I keep thinking I'll sell the hard cases and rack but I kinda like having the option for either.

Once the snow starts melting I ride a lot up by Stampede and Tacoma passes. Send a message if you ever want to ride.