Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Panniers

Stephen H

8 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Stolen from insta.. This is the exact setup I was talking about... Brilliant.. Just so that we have a picture in this thread 🙂

Screenshot_20200424-232630.jpg

Spot on Aleks and great find. It just looks perfect to me. Simple, light, looks good, no unnecessary heavy frames and brackets, plenty of room for stuff, waterproof and narrow. I'll be getting exactly this from Adventure Spec and Enduristan (once we can venture out). Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CGras said:

Here's my setup. Enduristan Blizzard L panniers and a tail pack on top. They fit the bike perfectly and can pack enough for a trip for one person.20200401_174347.thumb.jpg.ea01b8f757d7033ec6e209cdbe4c6e06.jpg

Another option Comes from SW-Motech. They have released an SLC carrier for their Sysbags. They are not big but I like the very small carrier and the bags are very nice. I've got one on another bike.

https://sw-motech.com/bike/YAMAHA/XT700Z/2019/DM07-DM08/Produkte/Gepaeck/SysBags/SysBag+Taschen/4052572192870.htm

Your bike looks good with the  bags on it as well.. I think the colour adds 1hp.. Must be 🙂

49 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

Spot on Aleks and great find. It just looks perfect to me. Simple, light, looks good, no unnecessary heavy frames and brackets, plenty of room for stuff, waterproof and narrow. I'll be getting exactly this from Adventure Spec and Enduristan (once we can venture out). Thanks for sharing.

You are right it's a brilliant design and might suit my SM built as well with the M size bags and the xs6.5 that I already have.. Should the good my trip to Montenegro at some point.. 👍

Have you looked at a toolbag from enduristan? 

24 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

You are right it's a brilliant design and might suit my SM built as well with the M size bags and the xs6.5 that I already have.. Should the good my trip to Montenegro at some point.. 👍

Have you looked at a toolbag from enduristan? 

Good call. I should look at that as not as yet. Thanks

• Like 1

spacer.pngHi everyone, 

Has anyone fitted the touratech zega pro's to their Tenere yet?? 

I am torn between these and the yamaha original in the explorer pack. 

I really want hard luggage as its more secure for me. 

Hoping someone has already tried the touratech system. 

Regards

Nige

I've used the Blizzard L over the Adventure Spec rear rack which lifts the bags with plenty of clearance for the exhaust, plus the rack takes most of the weight away from the side panels so any scuffing should be minimal.

My thought on the set-up selection was lightness and minimal width.

I bought the T7 as it's lighter than the behemoth R1150GS and all of the pannier racks I've seen are just too wide in my opinion.

The set-up has plenty of capacity for a weekends camping or more.

IMG_2458[1].JPG

IMG_2460[1].JPG

Edited by PW Cymru
  • Like 2

Nige T I have the Touratech frames and Zega Pro 2 cases but I’ve not fit them just yet as I was wanting to go on a tour when there fitted. This lock down has put any tours I have planned on the back burner for the near future so when it’s lifted I will get them on the bike. I just hope they fit with the Yamaha rear rack. 

Anyone with the T7 Rally tiil tidy, and racks for hard luggage? I'm wondering if it's going to fit...

• 6 months later...
On 4/26/2020 at 6:53 PM, PW Cymru said:

I've used the Blizzard L over the Adventure Spec rear rack which lifts the bags with plenty of clearance for the exhaust, plus the rack takes most of the weight away from the side panels so any scuffing should be minimal.

My thought on the set-up selection was lightness and minimal width.

I bought the T7 as it's lighter than the behemoth R1150GS and all of the pannier racks I've seen are just too wide in my opinion.

The set-up has plenty of capacity for a weekends camping or more.

IMG_2458[1].JPG

IMG_2460[1].JPG

Is the Adventure Spec rack needed? It looks good and keeps the bag safer and not scuffing the plastic. But the bags doesnt hit the muffler or tuck under the panels going near the rear wheel without the racks, or? Want minimal weight added. Thanks!

Ive got the touratech frames with the Akrapovic exhaust and its bloody close to exhaust. 5 mm maybe and does touch if you hit it. May be better with the standard pipe.

i plan to put my Magadans on the bike as carries the stuff i need for a weeks off roading. Most of the panniers i see are just not big enough.

helinox small fold up chair

MSR tent

helinox bed

sleeping bag

poncho

cooking stuff

clothes plus 2 piece wet gear

tools and tyre pump

have I forgot anything! :)))

Edited by Matth

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2020 at 6:10 AM, JayD said:

Is the Adventure Spec rack needed? It looks good and keeps the bag safer and not scuffing the plastic. But the bags doesnt hit the muffler or tuck under the panels going near the rear wheel without the racks, or? Want minimal weight added. Thanks!

My bags were fine without the rack

• Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 9:55 AM, Nige T said:

Has anyone fitted the touratech zega pro's to their Tenere yet?? 

I can only speak to the top box and racks of the zega system. I went with the top box first, since that was a thing I knew I wanted on there, as it locks itself and locks to the bike. It doubled as a way for me to check out how the system works while I decided on who I wanted to go with for the side cases.  I'm sure  the 1200+ dollar price tag for the set of panniers had something to do with that. 
After 4 months with this top box, I can't see my life without it. I really love the versatility of it. I dig that I can secure my helmet and other junk in it and leave it.

Thats not to say the box didn't have issues, and the issues I had I'm expecting to have to correct when I get the side cases. The locks, while clever, have some weak points and perhaps QC issues. My lid lock, never locked completely, after a long time of fiddling with new locks and whatnot, I ended up solving the problem with a dremel. The lock catch was slightly too big for the latch to catch; taking out some material and it works as intended. The second, is the box latch. There is a retaining ring that is used to secure the lock in place. If for any reason you encounter a block when taking your box off, this ring can torque out, which causes the lock assembly to disengage and you have to manually reach in and activate the latch to get the box off. I solved this by carefully JB welding it on. Lastly, The entire lock mechanism needs some oil, OEM it tends to catch. I also found that slightly pressing down on the box takes some pressure off the mechanism while cranking the handle in taking it off and puting it on. The locks on the side cases are a bit different, so, maybe I wont have a problem. 

All in all, The lock mechanism is clever and easy to use. It sold me on the panniers, I'll be getting those for next season. The issues I encountered were pretty minor and the quality of the case otherwise is very nice. 

The racks are pretty good too. Even with a stock muffler, they ride pretty close together. After each drop, I look for whether or not the bars flex enough to make contact. Haven't been touching yet, and I can't see any evidence of contact on the muffler, so, I dunno. They seem to do a pretty good job of protecting the back end.  

ZegaPRo.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Wondering if anyone knows of a Pannier/Tail Rack system for the T7 that allows for you to use both Hard and Soft Luggage?

*(meaning only tail rack, no pannier rack for soft luggage/full pannier racks for hard luggage) 

Ideally I want Hard Luggage Panniers for daily use/commuting, and soft luggage (Mosko R40) with a tail rack for ADV trips. 

Thanks for any help you can offer!