Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

WA riders chime in!

Redneckj

I finally met up with someone from this thread. @Redneckjinvited me to ride with him and a buddy on an Africa Twin.

We started in North Bend and went into the Stampede Pass area and then over Green's Pass and did another loop off the 70 road. Then a late lunch at the Naches Tavern. They serve a pretty unique take on BBQ Brisket.

Riding conditions were pretty great overall; with very minimal snow to battle and just a little dust. Thanks for the invite Jay!

image.jpeg.575844024b5cfa4e6f69fd10620e06a2.jpeg

IMG_4184.JPG.6690a1c81e73a4e2d7cfa75cac236379.JPG

IMG_4185.JPG.3e6e159cf9ed1e751f9ed50a8d15e533.JPG

Nice one!  Hope to join you fellows another time soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on a list for a T7 at three different dealers.   Just got offered one for $1500 over MSRP plus all the other fees and turned it down.  Principal of the thing and all that.   I'm #2 on the list at Brother's Powersports in Bremerton so hopefully soon at MSRP.

I live on Fox Island near Gig Harbor.

Currently drive a Corvette, a Goldwing, and a VStrom.

Always looking for people to do a day ride with.

Going on a four day WA BDR ride with a friend on my VStrom in a couple days.  Ellensburg to the Canadian border.

Joe

• Like 1

Latin America Adventure Biker and Goldwinger

Corvette Race Track Junkie.  And oh ya, Medicare recipient.

22 hours ago, WingVetteStrom said:

I'm on a list for a T7 at three different dealers.   Just got offered one for $1500 over MSRP plus all the other fees and turned it down.  Principal of the thing and all that.   I'm #2 on the list at Brother's Powersports in Bremerton so hopefully soon at MSRP.

I live on Fox Island near Gig Harbor.

Currently drive a Corvette, a Goldwing, and a VStrom.

Always looking for people to do a day ride with.

Going on a four day WA BDR ride with a friend on my VStrom in a couple days.  Ellensburg to the Canadian border.

Joe

I got mine this spring at Brothers.  Very friendly service. MSRP+fees, but I get the feeling they make the fees whatever they want!  It’s a sellers market right now.

When are you departing Ellensburg?  I’m starting from Stevenson on Friday with a friend (also on a T7).  Hoping to reach Nighthawk in 4.5 days.

1 minute ago, Zero600 said:

I got mine this spring at Brothers.  Very friendly service. MSRP+fees, but I get the feeling they make the fees whatever they want!  It’s a sellers market right now.

When are you departing Ellensburg?  I’m starting from Stevenson on Friday with a friend (also on a T7).  Hoping to reach Nighthawk in 4.5 days.

Departing Ellensburg Thurs morning.  Thurs night Cashmere, Fri nite Chelan, Sat night Conconuly, Sun night Oroville.    Looks like I'll just miss you.

Yep sellers market.  Maybe I should have sucked it up and bought the bike way over MSRP at I-90, but don't really like their prices or attitude.  Bought a Tiger 800 there 4 years ago and took it to Tuktoyaktuk.  Wasn't happy with the experience there at all.   Guess I'll wait for Brothers.  

Heading down to South America this winter so hope the T7 comes thru soon so I can order my Alpina tubeless wheels.   Long wait for them.

Latin America Adventure Biker and Goldwinger

Corvette Race Track Junkie.  And oh ya, Medicare recipient.

43 minutes ago, WingVetteStrom said:

Departing Ellensburg Thurs morning.  Thurs night Cashmere, Fri nite Chelan, Sat night Conconuly, Sun night Oroville.    Looks like I'll just miss you.

Yep sellers market.  Maybe I should have sucked it up and bought the bike way over MSRP at I-90, but don't really like their prices or attitude.  Bought a Tiger 800 there 4 years ago and took it to Tuktoyaktuk.  Wasn't happy with the experience there at all.   Guess I'll wait for Brothers.  

Heading down to South America this winter so hope the T7 comes thru soon so I can order my Alpina tubeless wheels.   Long wait for them.

Enjoy the trip. Stay cool. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

New T7 owner from Wenatchee chiming in. There's been some invaluable reading here regarding mods. Happy to be aboard!

Edited by 23T7TYB
Changed font size because it hurt some whiny (user typed a very bad word)'s feels

35 minutes ago, 23T7TYB said:

New T7 owner from Wenatchee chiming in. There's been some invaluable reading here regarding mods. Happy to be aboard!

Welcome sir.  You have sooooo much great riding near your area. We rode up the 3 fire tower lookouts last summer during the Touratech rally.  Didn’t pay for the rally, we just rode out of a friends house in Leavenworth 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Redneckj said:

Welcome sir.  You have sooooo much great riding near your area. We rode up the 3 fire tower lookouts last summer during the Touratech rally.  Didn’t pay for the rally, we just rode out of a friends house in Leavenworth 

Thanks Redneckj! There is some fantastic riding in this area for sure.

Edited by 23T7TYB
"Font size police" violation

8 hours ago, 23T7TYB said:

Why the huge fonts? It looks like screaming in writing and i assume your name is not Karen

• Haha 2

New T7 owner in SE Washington.   Looking to ride around the NW this summer.  In Walla Walla but willing to ride and connect with others.  I have a boat in Oak Harbor that I’ll be visiting frequently as well.   Great group on here and already learning a ton from the info sharing.  

F329F392-608E-43F8-A85A-D6FED72217D3.jpeg

2FC0D9F9-B9DA-43F8-98C9-26143C883343.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Why the huge fonts? It looks like screaming in writing and i assume your name is not Karen

Fixed it for you cupcake. Happy now? Get a life!

I live down under in Vancouver. Mainly ride from Jones creek to trout lake linked mostly of offroad.

20220902_132109.jpg

20220819_124558.jpg

Edited by thruster
  • Like 2

On 2/19/2023 at 8:36 AM, Kjbraman said:

New T7 owner in SE Washington. Looking to ride around the NW this summer. In Walla Walla but willing to ride and connect with others. I have a boat in Oak Harbor that I’ll be visiting frequently as well. Great group on here and already learning a ton from the info sharing.  

I'm in Waitsburg and picking up a 22' this coming week from Desert Valley Powersports.  I'll be up for some rides once I get parts ordered and installed. Riding my 12' Super Tenere till then. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply. Will definitely have to plan a ride. Went down to Pendleton Thursday to SRC Moto to get accessories for rhe T7. Cool place and they have a restaurant called Backfire station all located in an old fire station. I'll post a link to the restaurant.

We are a growing moto adventure hub of the PNW. Our unique business includes the Infernal Combustion Lounge with a full menu and bar paired with a service shop for motorcycles, ATV, SXS parts and...

Edited by AZJW
Link assist

Met Scott the owner of SRC last summer.  GREAT guy.  Had a beer and some food, then headed out on a 3000 mile road trip with the GF.  

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the cross-post (also send to PNW Club) but anyone interested in riding at Tahuya?  I'd like to get in there but I don't have the confidence to go solo.  The weather looks amazing this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone interested in riding over Memorial Day weekend, 5/27-5/28?  I'm around Seattle and would be open to meeting up in the Olympics or Cascades.  Day ride or an overnight, any destination, just want to get off pavement.

I can ride on the 28th if you want to ride in the Central Cascades. Chinook Pass will be open and we could ride over that and see how meltout is looking on the east side. I know the area pretty well.

4 hours ago, sethwaterfall said:

I can ride on the 28th if you want to ride in the Central Cascades. Chinook Pass will be open and we could ride over that and see how meltout is looking on the east side. I know the area pretty well.

@sethwaterfall That could work for me.  I may be in that general area on the 26th-27th.  My friend and I had to skip the WA BDR section from 410 to Ellensburg (including Baby Head Hill) last year because of fire closures.  We are hoping to finish it out.