Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Drop your random ride pics

Ray Ride4life

2 hours ago, Windblown said:

LOL. Maybe when it re-opens. Send me a case of Geritol first so I can get in shape. 🙂

Been awhile since I was there on a big bike. 

They say that video flattens everything out on the trail, but flashbacks really bring it back to life! I miss forest riding.

• Like 1

advgoats.com

1 hour ago, Hollybrook said:

@Windblown it looks like you have some really nice places to ride! 

If you feel up to a long day to get out here and back home let me know.  I can put together a loop.  Just would need to know how hard ya want to work and how long you got to ride. 😉

3 minutes ago, Windblown said:

If you feel up to a long day to get out here and back home let me know.  I can put together a loop.  Just would need to know how hard ya want to work and how long you got to ride. 😉

Most definitely, but not in the next couple of weeks.

Out on Duckett Ridge in Coker Creek , Tn.IMG_20230207_144702995_HDR.jpg.e7884c9d04810a7232cdba26f1530dcd.jpg

• Like 2

2023 Yamaha Tenere 700 -  2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900

Hello from California

First ride on my 2023 T7, bought it last weekend. ( we've got screwed here in the US no new dash or LED lights ) looking forward to my Baja California trip this coming summer.

First mod , Wings cans and a swingarm spools.

C'ya 

20230211_113112.jpeg

20230213_123258.jpeg

20230213_122035.jpeg

20230213_123245.jpeg

20230213_124456.jpeg

20230218_151856.jpeg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, pvflyer said:

Hello from California

First ride on my 2023 T7, bought it last weekend. ( we've got screwed here in the US no new dash or LED lights ) looking forward to my Baja California trip this coming summer.

First mod , Wings cans and a swingarm spools.

C'ya 

20230211_113112.jpeg

20230213_123258.jpeg

20230213_122035.jpeg

20230213_123245.jpeg

20230213_124456.jpeg

20230218_151856.jpeg

Congrats and welcome to the club!

Most of us here think that the US are actually lucky, since you still get the simple, non-distracting, sturdy display w/o "connectivity".

• Like 3

You only need to connect to your bike through your hands and feet (And sometimes your arse).

• Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 5:55 AM, Tenerider said:

Great pictures! That's the natural habitat the T7 is missing over here...

From your lips to god's ear. Same here. We really stopped nearly all the fun becoming greener than the rest …

1 hour ago, TéNéRéLOADED said:

From your lips to god's ear. Same here. We really stopped nearly all the fun becoming greener than the rest …

So true.

And to be honest, I'm not against green industry, powerplants or even motorcycles.

But I'm against "protective prohibition" which forbids us even riding along field tracks.

We're accepting eMTB riders to destroy delicate alpine regions (who ride their SUVs just to the foot of the mountain and unload their bicycles there), but we permit motorcycles to ride along a tractor path between two corn fields?

Edited by Tenerider
"forbid" makes more sense here :D

7 hours ago, Windblown said:

Foggy start to the day.

20230221_072449.jpg.ca1e3efa32e0033755cc556620f85245.jpg

Love how your bike is stripped down, it's really my style that the T7 is a basic and barebones bike so adding extra "things" really takes away from it's design.

Your bike is very purposeful and obviously gets ridden!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Danrides said:

Love how your bike is stripped down, it's really my style that the T7 is a basic and barebones bike so adding extra "things" really takes away from it's design.

Your bike is very purposeful and obviously gets ridden!

@Danrides am I a little too cluttered 🙂

9A91945E-E8FC-452A-BFCB-00C39D6139B2.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NeilW said:

@Danrides am I a little too cluttered 🙂

9A91945E-E8FC-452A-BFCB-00C39D6139B2.jpeg

I am not one to judge buddy, you should set your bike up however you see fit good sir!

Side note, Montana or Zumo XT for day to day usgae? 

8 minutes ago, Danrides said:

I am not one to judge buddy, you should set your bike up however you see fit good sir!

Side note, Montana or Zumo XT for day to day usgae? 

@Danrides Zumo Xt for street/highway and Montana for off road. If I am just riding to a buddy's house then  Google maps on my iphone.  If I was riding technical terrain as a route i would be stripped down but I have been caught in technical spots full dressed and I could tell the difference and it is taxing.  I am 71 and an experienced technical rider - so if conditions change I can get through it but I prefer the long,  calm forest roads now, with my creature comforts. I try to keep the exertion to my league Ice Hockey Games every weekend. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NeilW said:

@Danrides Zumo Xt for street/highway and Montana for off road. If I am just riding to a buddy's house then  Google maps on my iphone.  If I was riding technical terrain as a route i would be stripped down but I have been caught in technical spots full dressed and I could tell the difference and it is taxing.  I am 71 and an experienced technical rider - so if conditions change I can get through it but I prefer the long,  calm forest roads now, with my creature comforts. I try to keep the exertion to my league Ice Hockey Games every weekend. 

Great info, I appreciate your response!

Another test ride with my new Tractive suspension. I finally found settings which not only work for me, but actually improve the bike.

As others have said, their defaults are on the very stiff/harsh side, which makes sense for REALLY fast riders (which I am not by any standards).

After fiddling (more or less systematically) with all settings, I now achieved good comfort, good response to steering inputs and very good performance over rough roads, repeated potholes, speed bumpers etc. The faster you go the more confidence inspiring.

And the weather finally felt like spring!

20230222_145518.jpg.2786503f3df6d51002ef3662b9ea21d8.jpg

• Like 3

Some close up footage from my buddy his perspective chasing me on the tenere at a local offroad event here in the Netherlands. (he was riding a YZ450)

• Like 6