Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Real off road tyres

Rich TT

• 4 months later...
On 11/4/2019 at 11:32 PM, JamesE said:

I've got a set of the RallZ on mine, they are fantastic off-road. I've only ridden on E-07s previously so don't have a wealth of experience on different tyres but I'm really happy with them. Bit vibey on the road but that's what you get!

20191019_082617.jpg

Im reading about these right now, sounds like a great tire. How many miles have you gotten out of yours?

On 5/2/2020 at 7:21 PM, Cruizin said:

Im reading about these right now, sounds like a great tire. How many miles have you gotten out of yours?

Only about 1000 so far. I do a lot of trail riding, so a lot less miles per hour!

Really pleased with them though. They work really well in the dirt, but are quite vibey on the road. If you're not spending loads of time trail riding then maybe look at the Adventure tyres which are a bit better on the road.

• Like 2

9to5adv.com

• 1 year later...

It’s a bit of a quandary choosing an all around tire for a mid sized DS.

TKC80’s are prone to pinch flats if aired down.

best offroad for my DRZ and KTMs were Maxxis Desert ITs. But not DOT rated.

The stock STRs are the best handling on road I’ve used on my GS. But they have a thin carcass and also prone to flats if you pick up a nail or such.

so I’m wondering when it comes time to swap what might be a good upgrade for 60/40 riding. I’ll mostly do dirt roads/forest roads on the T7. Light exploring...but there will be rocks and goD knows what when I start in my region. 
To be continued…

Mainly riding off-road and loving the Dunlop 908rr combo 

highly recommend 

completely destroys the mitas for me both in longevity and performance. 

you do have to work a bit harder on the road though to get the most out of them 

would say I recommend them for dirt oriented people 

48163D94-7C1B-409A-A21A-30BC3180F481.jpeg

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Just reviving my old thread!

I have two sets of rims, with one rear being 2.5 inch so I can run real dedicated off road but road legal tyres. I want them for English green lanes ie muddy as hell, wet grass and slippy rocks. I've got Michelin Trackers on my KTM525 and they are awesome. Some of the best I've tried. They do a 140 rear to fit the T7 and the load and speed rating is fine on them.

Has anyone run anything like these on their T7? I'm not bothered about wear. I just want grip. Lots have people run them on 690 KTMs no problems.

I will probably put 25 psi in them to avoid pinch flats with this much heavier bike.

Cheers

Rich

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just puffing some life back in this topic.
Just ordered the Mitas E09 Dakar for the back and the E13 for the front.
Was tempted by the Dunlop 908RR but i think they will not last very long.
Wanted to try the Heidenau K60 Ranger but they where not available in the 150 rear, doubted about the 140/80 instead but i'm stuck to paved roads more than i like with the bike as my main transport (owe 2 bikes and no car).
Have the Michelin Anakee Wild but after 4500km the rear is gone and it's very expensive at the moment, bit of a shame because i really like that tyre but had also good experience with the E09 on the XTZ660.
Just wanted to try something different in the front.

55 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Just puffing some life back in this topic.
Just ordered the Mitas E09 Dakar for the back and the E13 for the front.
Was tempted by the Dunlop 908RR but i think they will not last very long.
Wanted to try the Heidenau K60 Ranger but they where not available in the 150 rear, doubted about the 140/80 instead but i'm stuck to paved roads more than i like with the bike as my main transport (owe 2 bikes and no car).
Have the Michelin Anakee Wild but after 4500km the rear is gone and it's very expensive at the moment, bit of a shame because i really like that tyre but had also good experience with the E09 on the XTZ660.
Just wanted to try something different in the front.

I didn't get much mileage from the E09.  About 2500 km and done.  It was subjected to mostly gravel and dirt roads with a good dash of pavement thrown in.  Great tire for gravel and dirt, mud and sand.  Just didn't last long.  But it is worth the money as it's not the most expensive tire and allows for peace of mind.