Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Kineo wheels

Big Kev

Hi, new to forum today. Currently own BMW GSA and Honda Rally CRF 250, age 68, live in northern England

I am considering the T7 as a replacement for my two current bikes, but I am put off by the tubed wheels. I dont ride off road.

If I get the T7 one option to go tubeless is to fit the Kineo Tubeless spoked wheels that cost about £2500 in the UK

The Kineo rim widths are 2.15 front and 4.25 rear. Could someone please have a look at their wheels and tell me the OEM rim widths please. 

Has anyone fitted the Kineo wheels to their T7  ? - if so did the OEM Scorpion rally STRs fit on the Kineo rims OK ?

Thanks for any feedback chaps.

According to the Yamaha Service Manual, here are the stock Rim Sizes.

T7 Rim Sizes.JPG

And yes, I am searching for what is available for Tubeless Wheels as well.

Edited by Rocky_Mtn_T7
  • Like 1

When I was on the lookout for a 700 there was one on ebay in the UK and the seller had tubeless rim fitted to stock hubs and saiit cost £900 do the 2.5k you are considering seems ott

Thanks for the rim sizes. Yes £2500 is very expensive. I would prefer proper tubeless rims , rather than sealing the oem rims. I have had Alpina wheels on a previous Africa Twin but all those O rings was never a sound engineering fix in my book. 

AS suggested, getting tubeless rims similar to those fitted as OEM by other manufacturers would surely be cheaper than Kineo. Not sure who might do such a job in the UK 

I so wish that tubeless was an option from Yamaha. I think that would push up sales.

21 hours ago, Redbikejohn said:

When I was on the lookout for a 700 there was one on ebay in the UK and the seller had tubeless rim fitted to stock hubs and saiit cost £900 do the 2.5k you are considering seems ott

I wonder how tubeless rims can be laced to OEM hubs. I thought tubeless rims had the spokes on the rim edge which needs the nipples to be on the hub ?