Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

TENERE RAID NEW PATENTS

RIDER GUIDER

7 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Why?
It's not like LCD is stop being produced because people made stupid and preserved to want more and more.
For me it's like the latest Dyson Vacuum cleaner with a laser showing you the dust and a colourful display telling you what kind of particles where sucked up. Completely useless and a waste of raw materials.
And don't come back with the if we never changed we'd be riding horses because that would be fine too. We cannot miss what we don't know. When i was a kid i had fun climbing trees and building huts or whatever and my parents had to drag me inside and if i didn't had what i have now i still would be fine with it.
Don't get me wrong, you have total right of your opinion and if you like the TFT it's an opinion but telling it is inevitable that LCD will disappear is just a thought and if that will be the case i will do whatever it takes to change the movie Idiocracy from the comedy section to the documentary section.

"Don't come back with"

So, it is an argument lol.

I'm 55 mate, so we probably climbed the same tree. Well, you were probably up the tree. I would likely be at the bottom, snogging the bird from the cake shop, but forget the whole thing, as you obviously missed the history classes.

I'm out.

Edited by Burnsey

• 2 weeks later...

LCD is fine with me, and TFT is ok too. But if you want a TFT display, it is going to cost more money. There is no way any of the manufacturers are going to add any feature and not charge for it. It's like my basic 2014 Yamaha FZ-09, which had an MSRP of $8,999.00 back in 2014. Jump ahead to today and a 2022 MT-09 that gets a few modern updates and a big 3.5" TFT display for an MSRP of MSRP $11,399.00. Which isn't to bad for a 8 year newer bike for just $2,400 CDN more. Maybe a bit more with taxes and fees, but all they give you is a tiny 3.5" TFT Display?  The new MT-10 only gets a 4.2" TFT display, which isn't much wider than my hand, lol.

And yes, if you are paying $5,000+ CDN, for a bike, it damn well better come with some added bonuses like a nice big TFT display, lol.

2022 T7 MSRP: = $12,399 CDN + Taxes and fees

2022 TIGER 900 RALLY MSRP: = $17,750 CDN + Taxes and fees ($20,050 for the Rally Pro)

2022 R1250GS Adventure MSRP: = $31,000+ CDN, + Taxes and fees