Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Mivv Releases High Mount "Dakar" Exhaust at a great price!!! Headers as well!!!

BellissiMoto

8 hours ago, Ainm Taispeána said:

I'm curious.  What is it about Euro 5 that makes the headers incompatible?

The E5 model has a catalytic converter right up front.

1051778091_T7euro5cat.JPG.d3b12b764405054186fe2c1d40df8cdf.JPG

You might remove all that and install a de-catted header. But you'd have to look at what they've done with the fueling map to meet E5 emissions and see if you don't need a remap to get the benefit of the high flow header.

:

We don't see @BellisiMoto  here answering to posts.

I wonder what happened to this MIVV offer?

:

I think as soon as someone sells just a mid pipe with a long top exit section (following the bikes lines) which we can cut to desired length to fit our chosen can and mount set up, will clear up. You’d think by looking just at this forum over the last few years there’s enough demand for one. 
I’d put a bracket to mount under the tail on the existing points for the can. Possibly shorten my arrow. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dougie said:

I think as soon as someone sells just a mid pipe with a long top exit section (following the bikes lines) which we can cut to desired length to fit our chosen can and mount set up, will clear up. You’d think by looking just at this forum over the last few years there’s enough demand for one. 
I’d put a bracket to mount under the tail on the existing points for the can. Possibly shorten my arrow. 

Fully agree

• Supporting Vendor
On 2/2/2022 at 4:48 PM, GreatDistances said:

Looks nice, interested.  A couple things I'm curious about:

• Will there be a group buy discount of some sort?  Wasn't sure if pricing reflected this.
  • Would also be interested in an idea of how loud it is, like others above.

Thanks!

Due to the margins on these, I'm not sure yet.  We priced them already with this forum in mind 🙂  

They are now up on the website...Have a look:

https://www.bellissimoto.com/parts/exhausts/exhausts-1/mivv-slip-on-dakar-black-standard-exhaust-for-yamaha-tnr-700-2019-2022-1

https://www.bellissimoto.com/parts/exhausts/exhausts-1/mivv-slip-on-dakar-stainless-steel-standard-exhaust-for-yamaha-tnr-700-2019-2022-1

As far as sound goes, they haven't published that data yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Vendor
On 2/2/2022 at 2:53 PM, bgweed said:

Does anyone know if the headers will work with an AXP skid plate?

I don't have that data unfortunately.

• Supporting Vendor
On 2/2/2022 at 5:28 PM, one wheel drive said:

Nice looking. To be clear, the slip on system in the pics, the mid pipe attaches to the stock catalytic converter under the bike? No de-cat?

And the de-catted header system pictured is an alternate item?

If its a slip on system and keeps the cat, I'd be interested.  

At your stated price you're competing with Huzzar stainless steel in the $220 range and HP Corse titanium in the $600+ range. The MIVV is SS?

Also, the silencer its hard to see. Does it have a spark arrester  or can one be fitted to it? We  have FS rules here that require a spark arrster.

:

The mid pipe attaches to the stock catalytic converter under the bike? YES

No de-cat? THE HEADER IS THE DECAT

If its a slip on system and keeps the cat, I'd be interested.   YES, SLIP ON SYSTEM KEEPS THE CAT

Does it have a spark arrester? NO

Can one be fitted?  I don't have that data.  They don't offer one, but maybe a generic one will fit.

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Vendor
On 2/2/2022 at 5:50 PM, one wheel drive said:

Another question. High exhaust sometimes conflicts with the turn signals, as in it melts them.

The pics don't show, but can you say has that been addressed for this pipe with the stock turn signal placement? Or do you know an available tail tidy that will put the signals out of the hot exhaust flow for this system?

:

I can't say what the turn signal situation will be like.  I'm developing a solution to this for my own custom T7, but I'm not sure it'll be for everyone, and I'm not sure if it'll be a production item.

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Vendor
12 hours ago, one wheel drive said:

The E5 model has a catalytic converter right up front.

1051778091_T7euro5cat.JPG.d3b12b764405054186fe2c1d40df8cdf.JPG

You might remove all that and install a de-catted header. But you'd have to look at what they've done with the fueling map to meet E5 emissions and see if you don't need a remap to get the benefit of the high flow header.

:

As far as tuning goes, we have an extremely good solution.  PM for details.

• Supporting Vendor
14 hours ago, Dr. Tomash said:

Fully agree

17 hours ago, Dougie said:

The problem with that is not all diameters of silencers are the same.  There is quite a variation.  In addition, it would be left to the customer to find a way to actually secure the silencer.

What I want for my own T7 doesn't exist, so I'm making it.  Trouble is, it's TOO specialized, and not cost effective to produce my one off creation.

I honestly love the Mivv and the Hp Corse, but I wanted something no one else has done 🙂

• Supporting Vendor
12 hours ago, one wheel drive said:

We don't see @BellisiMoto  here answering to posts.

I wonder what happened to this MIVV offer?

:

My apologies.  We've been swamped at work.

If at any time, you need to reach out, you can ALWAYS e-mail me at info@bellissimoto.com (ATTN: PAUL in the subject line) , and I'll respond same day 🙂

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BellissiMoto said:

The problem with that is not all diameters of silencers are the same.  There is quote a variation.  In addition, it would be left to the customer to find a way to actually secure the silencer.

What I want for my own T7 doesn't exist, so I'm, making it.  Trouble is, it's TOO specialized, and not cost effective to produce my one off creation.

I honestly love the Mivv and the Hp Corse, but I wanted something no one else has done 🙂

Yeah I get that.  As long as it fitted the original like the mivv, if they supplied the mid section, I’d be happy doing the rest, It’s the welding I’m not set up for. “Handcuffed crab” would describe my attempts. 😁. Too out of practice. Anything else in engineering is water off a ducks back. Guess I’ll have to approach an exhaust workshop. 👍

On 2/10/2022 at 2:14 AM, Wintersdark said:

Even the link pipe looks identical.  Here's my 400mm huzar:

20211101_191053.thumb.jpg.476c5ad74367bed5fbb8563aa83fddd2.jpg

Looking at that, because one beef with the Huzzar is the bends seem kinda tight. But I only have pics of both, so hard to know.

Is the MIVV bend a little bit more open?

480899571_T7Huzarpipe1.jpg.e430ea9f580852e9abe45b2983029520.jpg1107016259_T7MIVVmidpipebend.JPG.ee2eb6181d34bf720e07e69e360b9f3d.JPG

Also the cans will be different, but without a compare over time its hard to know which would be better.

:

I do like the lines of the mivv bends. Nice and tight to the bikes lines. I’m not worried about tight bends and flow, look at some of the bends on a v4. 

• Like 1

Good, another option for "exhaust hanger schizophrenic's" 🤣  Looks slightly less afterthought than others. I like the bends on Mivv, tighter to the bike frame and lines than Huzar, Huzar is just to round with this "S" bend and to "gappy" on the straight line which seems look too long.

...but how come it's called "Dakar" when all dakar bikes these days actually have exhausts running low like on stock bike? 😅  If they really want to come up with the name for the high mount it should be  more like "enduro".

Edited by Bartek
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, one wheel drive said:

Looking at that, because one beef with the Huzzar is the bends seem kinda tight. But I only have pics of both, so hard to know.

Is the MIVV bend a little bit more open?

480899571_T7Huzarpipe1.jpg.e430ea9f580852e9abe45b2983029520.jpg1107016259_T7MIVVmidpipebend.JPG.ee2eb6181d34bf720e07e69e360b9f3d.JPG

Also the cans will be different, but without a compare over time its hard to know which would be better.

:

Hmmm maybe a liiiiitle tighter?  Very close, though, don't think it's really going to make an appreciable difference.

125483608_20211129_1957543.thumb.jpg.02c88ddbe0740e0615a802e64dafa5ab.jpg

Yeah, no idea about the can.  The Huzar seems... Fine?  It's well put together, but we'll see how well it holds up to abuse. 

Mine hasn't rusted or anything though despite being caked in salt, so there's that.  

To be honest though I'm not worried, for $250 all in, I don't mind replacing the muffler itself down the road, and that was kind of important to me as I'm *not* a good offroad rider and I ride year round, so it's likely to get pretty beat up.

• Like 1

Just placed my order.  For me this seems to strike a nice balance in design, looks, and price.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor
10 hours ago, ClutchXT said:

Put an order in  for the black  when they come in

I suspect these will go pretty fast, so I'd definitely put your order in now if you want one.  I can always refund you at anytime if you don't want to wait.  Do to the rising cost of raw materials and shipping, the price on these will increase pretty soon.  We've already seen this with one of the other exhausts for the Tenere, and I suspect it will happen with Mivv as well at some point.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I will order one next week but here in the Netherlands.

Probably after shipping, taxes and duty's a bit cheaper. Also because i have a 10% discound at the Dutch reseller.

On 4/1/2022 at 12:37 PM, Ray Ride4life said:

I will order one next week but here in the Netherlands.

Probably after shipping, taxes and duty's a bit cheaper. Also because i have a 10% discound at the Dutch reseller.

Even less expensive than the otr offer, or the Bellisimo? I'm curious about your address...

51 minutes ago, RobBonting said:

Even less expensive than the otr offer, or the Bellisimo? I'm curious about your address...

It's hard to get a real comparison but you need to think about the shipping, taxes and handling.
The Dutch distributor for MIVV is MDI and i get a 10% discount through my VFROC membership there.

On 4/1/2022 at 4:41 AM, Kalle said:
MIV-T700-H-SI-MIVV-Endschalldaempfer-DAK

High-mounted DAKAR Rallye Style silencer from MIVV for the Yamaha Tenere 700.   Great look, nice sound and a bit more power. Good reasons for…

Bought one on sale here.

Is yours already shipped?  Thought I saw release moved out to end of April.  Could be different for EU vs here in the US. 

From monday. - No, not on stock. We will get first batch of this new exhaust in about 5-6 days. So most likely beginning of next week.