Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Mivv Releases High Mount "Dakar" Exhaust at a great price!!! Headers as well!!!

BellissiMoto

If you were to get the ecu flashed with just the exhaust, would the flash cause the power curve to be different with or without the db killer? By that I mean, would having the db killer mean more torque but less top end power vs less torque but more top end with the db killer out?

• Supporting Vendor
On 1/1/2023 at 1:27 PM, OneEyedTiger said:

If you were to get the ecu flashed with just the exhaust, would the flash cause the power curve to be different with or without the db killer? By that I mean, would having the db killer mean more torque but less top end power vs less torque but more top end with the db killer out?

I don't think it'll be enough to make a significant difference in either direction.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone answered the spark arrestor question yet?  I'm thinking of ditching my Camel Rally Bend for this set up, just so I can run narrower pannier racks.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like an answer to this question too...  A spark arrestor is essential if you do any riding on federal (and likely state) public lands.

I reached out to Moto Machines about this last week.  A guy there is looking into it.  He said he'd email me with what he finds out.  I'll check back with him mid-week if I don't hear from him.  I report back what I learn.

• Like 1

I asked Mivv if it had a spark arrestor:

“It doesn't have any spark arrestor and we don't have any idea if any drop-in parts fit.”

I’ll have to fabricated something up, or do some measuring to see if something fits, so thats its forestry approved.

Three measurements might be helpful in sorting out whether there is an off-the-shelf aftermarket spark arrestor option.

1) Inside diameter of the muffler end of the exhaust pipe in mm? 

2) Inside diameter of the link pipe end of the muffler in mm?

3) Inside diameter of the muffler end of the link pipe in mm?

Rocky Mountain ADV has options from Fisch that range from 19 - 45.7 mm that fit into the end of the muffler's exhaust pipe.

Camel ADV has a drop in spark arrestor that is designed to go between the muffler and link pipe (see photo on Camel AD website).  That measures 51mm in diameter.

Other options exist that a Google search displays.

I'm guessing the Camel ADV option will work, as the MIVV link pipe is likely the same diameter as the stock pipe so that it slips onto the stock header.  

Does anyone have measurements listed above?  There could be an easy and cheap fix to this as the Camel spark arrestor is $19.

• Like 1

I have the MIVV high exhaust on order, and now realizing there is a conflict with the AltRider rear rack that I already have installed. It looks like it may be a relatively simple workaround (fabricating a new rear bracket), but curious if anyone has already done it? 

45 minutes ago, SO_Rider said:

I have the MIVV high exhaust on order, and now realizing there is a conflict with the AltRider rear rack that I already have installed. It looks like it may be a relatively simple workaround (fabricating a new rear bracket), but curious if anyone has already done it? 

I dont have the mivv, but the HPcorse high with the altrider rear rack. HPcorse mount has a 2-point bracket to the underside of the frame, but due to the altrider plate, it doesnot work. so i made a 1-point bracket to connect the HPcorse to the altrider bottomplate. 

IMG_20211120_14.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BikeBrother said:

I dont have the mivv, but the HPcorse high with the altrider rear rack. HPcorse mount has a 2-point bracket to the underside of the frame, but due to the altrider plate, it doesnot work. so i made a 1-point bracket to connect the HPcorse to the altrider bottomplate. 

IMG_20211120_14.jpg

This is helpful, and along the lines of what I had in mind. Trying to get a better photo of the mounting bracket on the MIVV can. 

4 hours ago, SO_Rider said:

This is helpful, and along the lines of what I had in mind. Trying to get a better photo of the mounting bracket on the MIVV can. 

Looks like Altrider completely reworked that area.  The good news is the MIVV mount is bolted to the can and not welded. Should not be too much trouble to buy a bit of metal and make a custom mount that will work with Altrider if you want to keep it.

Here's a shot of the Mivv.

20230207_183538.jpg.785b5e860b1e8f2e70215e5a982fe7e8.jpg

Edited by Windblown
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Windblown said:

Looks like Altrider completely reworked that area.  The good news is the MIVV mount is bolted to the can and not welded. Should not be too much trouble to buy a bit of metal and make a custom mount that will work with Altrider if you want to keep it.

Here's a shot of the Mivv.

20230207_183538.jpg.785b5e860b1e8f2e70215e5a982fe7e8.jpg

Thanks for the photo. I've been having a hard time seeing exactly how that is configured without having the can in hand. It should arrive soon and I can get a firsthand look.

Edited by SO_Rider

Has anybody taken a fall with the exhaust without any rear racks to help protect it? Curious about the durability

4 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Not with a rack but with Mosko Moto R40 (empty on that side).
IMG_20220430_171616.jpg.eb535aba80041867e269fca17b2a24a7.jpgIMG_20220430_171606.jpg.c13cb03d1ab46a2aa16f4449fa717da6.jpg

it really looks like she's just taking a little rest 😅

2 hours ago, thepointchris said:

she's

He!
I don't know why everybody revers their bike to a female but i'm out with the bike for fun and i do things with him i never would do to a lady.

8 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Not with a rack but with Mosko Moto R40 (empty on that side).
IMG_20220430_171616.jpg.eb535aba80041867e269fca17b2a24a7.jpgIMG_20220430_171606.jpg.c13cb03d1ab46a2aa16f4449fa717da6.jpg

And how did the silencer hold up?

2 hours ago, jdub289f said:

And how did the silencer hold up?

Not a single scratch, that crash was at 70 - 80km/h.

18 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

He!
I don't know why everybody revers their bike to a female but i'm out with the bike for fun and i do things with him i never would do to a lady.

it's a fine old British Colonial custom,  like naming vessels, maybe a past Queen's name..like Freddy 🤣

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

He!
I don't know why everybody revers their bike to a female but i'm out with the bike for fun and i do things with him i never would do to a lady.

If I am riding something, it ain't gonna be a he!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Hibobb said:

If I am riding something, it ain't gonna be a he!

Here, here!

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

8 hours ago, AZJW said:

Here, here!

Same here. Although I am tolerant of other peoples beliefs, and if someone else’s bike identified as something else (maybe a trike) that would be fine legally here. Especially in Scotland. 
in fact I might tell the dvla that mine identifies as a pushbike, and not pay road tax. 🍺👍😂

• Haha 1

You all look at it way too sexual.
The fun we're having on the bikes are all in public, do you also ride your wifes/girlfriends in public?
Be honest, when you go out to have some real fun you go out with the boys and not the girls.
I'm not out on the bike having sex but to have fun.
But better we get back to topic.
And just for the record, i don't cara about anybodies sexuality but if you think there are more genders than 2 you either need to check the facts or your head.

I am very sorry - when I said "she", in the original comment, I did not foresee what followed. To the OP, sorry, mate, I'm not from here! And it's HEAR hear, FWIW 

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
  • Supporting Vendor
On 6/11/2023 at 5:50 PM, bloodbuzz said:

will these fit on the '23 models?

Yes, the slip ons will, but If installed on Euro5 motorcycles, the optional extension cord ACC.082.0 is required to reinstall the lambda probe correctly.

• Like 1