Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

A dealer in Az you might avoid

J-D-

What's dealer Titling/Processing?  It's expensive.  Battery protection.  Just give the buyer an extra battery for that price.  Sales tax is as much as assembly and at 150 bucks an hour a mechanic could take a day and a half to get it done.  Bunch of pot heads put the invoice together.  😷

Edited by Landshark
  • Like 3

There are good dealers out there, but that is not one of them.

They robbed that guy for sure.  

• Like 1

This was my bill of sale in July 2020.  The numbers above are absurd…..especially the battery protection.

981E0A16-7E66-47A8-A5A6-C8FD70AAA40F.jpeg

Edited by whisperquiet
  • Like 5

• Moderators

Good to know, thanks for posting. Moved to reviews so this doesn't get buried.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Wait, this dealer actually has a 2022 in the US? Has anyone in the US actually had a bike delivered to their dealer yet? I'm in MI and I'm still waiting on a "feb delivery date". 

Link to dealer listing here.

Edited by AgentMalaria

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, AgentMalaria said:

Wait, this dealer actually has a 2022 in the US? Has anyone in the US actually had a bike delivered to their dealer yet? I'm in MI and I'm still waiting on a "feb delivery date". 

Link to dealer listing here.

Don't be surprised if the dealer "forgot" to include the verbiage "deposits being accepted, delivery pending" in their ad.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

5 minutes ago, AZJW said:

Don't be surprised if the dealer "forgot" to include the verbiage "deposits being accepted, delivery pending" in their ad.

That pic just made me think they might actually have something in the dealership. It doesn't look photoshopped or anything. 

4 minutes ago, Ainm Taispeána said:

There's at least one that has actually be delivered in Minnesota.  So, they're starting to show up in the Midwest.  The Yamaha website isn't showing everything.  And, what it does show has the wrong color half the time.

Thanks man! I just found a few more ppl stating the same. There's a few people who actually sat on the 22's in the U.S. so we're moving forward! LET'S GO!!!!

The picture does look legit. The bike appears to have the Euro 5 emissions. Is that the worldwide standard for the 2022 Ténéré 700? At least the Bold New Graphics are okay!

Glad to hear the prices in the first post are only what they are trying to get.

I just assumed someone had bought it for those figures.  Thankfully nobody paid that for one.  

That dealers name comes up fairly often in forums.  None of the posts have anything good to say about them either.

I have seen a couple of western Canadian dealers with pictures of 2022 models in front of their stores so I am thinking the new models have just started to arrive in Canada as well.  

Lets hope orders get filled quickly and everyone wanting a new bike gets one soon.

• Like 1

That quote I posted, was what I received when inquiring for a friend.  Mine is on order here in NY, no-freight or prep, as he’s a volume Yammi dlr, and doesn’t ever tack thst on, it’s part of his advertisements.

But yea, that AZ dlr is pure scam, so many things in that quote, are just air, padding the deal for the dlrship.  Huge Avoid, lolZ.

ps; if one pays MSRP, prep is part of, (included in the price), kicked back to the dlr by the mfgr.

• Like 1

For our Sins, 

Hoo Yaa..

it's a con alright, but it's just a quote, knock it back and the the dealer would sell any stock at in  heartbeat anyway.  I'm not justifying this ripoff, but I think of all the rampant inflation that's occurred over the last 6 months and wonder if the dealer isn't trying to play catchup.  Most bikes I have looked at went up heaps for 2022, I was amazed the T7 only went up a bit.  I dread to think what the 2023 price will be.

Edited by winddown

On 2/2/2022 at 11:08 AM, AgentMalaria said:

They have several  dealerships in a few states, I noticed.

For our Sins, 

Hoo Yaa..

Actually, quite a bit more than several, 11 to be more precise.

Is this over-charging rampant and all 11 shops?  Who knows?

Let the buyer beware.

Caveat Emptor.

8665D847-88F9-492A-B6A4-9690BF63BDBE.jpeg

3E1E2386-C081-42FB-8950-B5C6F29A0901.jpeg

For our Sins, 

Hoo Yaa..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Arizona dealers are notorious for high "processing" fees.  I tried to buy a KTM790 from the dealer in question.  I  balked at all the fees they added to it.  They wanted 900 bucks for "prep fee"... there are youtube videos of bike unboxing and that model, all the need to to is put on the bars and add fluids...

Edited by RobR
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2022 at 9:36 AM, RobR said:

Arizona dealers are notorious for high "processing" fees.  I tried to buy a KTM790 from the dealer in question.  I  balked at all the fees they added to it.  They wanted 900 bucks for "prep fee"... there are youtube videos of bike unboxing and that model, all the need to to is put on the bars and add fluids...

Yea, those fees are pretty typical, but often unjustified.  Did ya buy a Duke?

For our Sins, 

Hoo Yaa..

I hate to take the topic off motorcycles, but everyone should be prepared to see this more and more.  The inflation taking off across the planet from all the covid money printing is phenomenal, I have never seen anything like it aside from the mad 1970's.  Back then though wages went up to sort of compensate but not this time.   There is a lot more to this story but the knowledge doesn't change the fact of what's happening.  I have some money in savings, "earning zero interest of course" and I'm buying up anything I think I'll need for the next 5 years with it.  If I had the room I'd get new fridges, washing machines, aircons etc and just store them up. 

Interestingly, we don't suffer dealer preparation fees here in the UK. Manufacturers set the RRP for the bike, which is an 'on the road' price inclusive of sales tax,  Govt registration fee and 12 months road tax. A few dealers, very much in the minority, try to slap on an 'admin fee' which is usually less than £100, but they will normally waive it when customers tell them to stuff their fee! There's no excuse for blatant profiteering - so keep up with the naming and shaming.

....and as for 'battery protection'....WTF? Has no one heard of a trickle charger?

Edited by Tigerjohn

41 minutes ago, Tigerjohn said:

....and as for 'battery protection'....WTF? Has no one heard of a trickle charger?

I know a better one, ride the bike often enough so it doesn't has a change to lose so much power it destroys itself.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/7/2022 at 3:07 PM, Tigerjohn said:

Interestingly, we don't suffer dealer preparation fees here in the UK…

Yes, but you pay A L O T more for a moto than we do here in the States.

Thankfully many dealer fees are negotiable here.

For our Sins, 

Hoo Yaa..