Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

London to Montenegro June 2020

Aleksandar13

20 hours ago, Stan21 said:

Aleksandar, just be aware that Switzerland is very tough on speeding. You can get caught by radars anywhere in the country, including on very remote road, at 35km/h instead of 30km/h...They will chase you in the UK and the fine is not good for your wallet. If I may, I would strongly advise you to minimise your riding in Switzerland and to maximise your riding in Italy if you have the option. Lots and lots of Swiss bikers go to France and Italy to enjoy riding their bikes, because it has been simply become impossible over time in Switzerland...

Thank you... seems like they are making hard life for us passionate about riding on two wheels...I have a plan B at the moment .. most bikers are telling me to avoid Switzerland and use another route which is a shame ( might have to go by car with the wife and visit ) .. Plan B is avoiding Switzerland and doing the B500 near Schwarzwald instead.

Aleksandar,

the B500 is not a good option on your way to Montenegro. It runs in north / south direction for about 250 kms. Speed outside villages is largely limited to 70 km/h (less than in Switzerland) and police controls are frequent.

I live close by and avoid the B500 as much as i can (and ride smaller roads).

I believe you wanted to start your day 2 somewhere near Epinal. Head to the highway and go via Basel, Lucerne

to Sarnen. You save time and speed checks....(but beware also on the highway, especially near or in tunnels) Then take i.e. Bruenigpass, Grimsel, Furka and Gotthard to Airolo, The streets are small and curvy and you do not miss any fun, if you stay within the speed limit. In Airolo get on the highway via Bellinzona towards San Bernardino. Leave the highway before the pass and take the pass road. Down on the other side, take a right in

Spluegen village and go towards Chiavenna. I have been riding this way two years ago and did not see any

fixed cameras between Brünigpass and Chiavenna. There is also a good site, where you can check:

https://www.scdb.info/de/karte/7080

But keep in mind, that there are mobile cameras as well...

Regards

Patrick

Edited by Patrick
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Patrick said:

Aleksandar,

the B500 is not a good option on your way to Montenegro. It runs in north / south direction for about 250 kms. Speed outside villages is largely limited to 70 km/h (less than in Switzerland) and police controls are frequent.

I live close by and avoid the B500 as much as i can (and ride smaller roads).

I believe you wanted to start your day 2 somewhere near Epinal. Head to the highway and go via Basel, Lucerne

to Sarnen. You save time and speed checks....(but beware also on the highway, especially near or in tunnels) Then take i.e. Bruenigpass, Grimsel, Furka and Gotthard to Airolo, The streets are small and curvy and you do not miss any fun, if you stay within the speed limit. In Airolo get on the highway via Bellinzona towards San Bernardino. Leave the highway before the pass and take the pass road. Down on the other side, take a right in

Spluegen village and go towards Chiavenna. I have been riding this way two years ago and did not see any

fixed cameras between Brünigpass and Chiavenna. There is also a good site, where you can check:

https://www.scdb.info/de/karte/7080

But keep in mind, that there are mobile cameras as well...

Regards

Patrick

Thank you... I'll sit down and digest the information and put it on the Route.