Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What helmet are you wearing and why?

Aleksandar13

1 minute ago, Rich TT said:

I do the same. Airoh helmet and Scott goggles with reactolight (spelling?) type lenses. Nice to have some breeze and you'll never mist up. The screen is good enough that it's pretty good like that plus you can tilt your head as required to stop the sun getting in your eyes whilst it's still low in the sky

This post demands a picture 📸🤓.. If you don't mind

1 minute ago, Aleksandar13 said:

This post demands a picture 📸🤓.. If you don't mind

Just edited my last post to add a pic. Cheers!

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

I'm thinking of getting an mx helmet with googles... I've never used one before so I'm not sure what to expect... 

Spring is approaching soon and I'm finding myself doing lanes but not off-road..

What are the main disadvantages with this type of setup.? 

More noice compared to a closed helmet. Colder in low temperatures. A bit limited vision to both sides.

With some multipurpose helmets (like Tour X-4) you can use goggles with the visor.

When you go offroading, or when things heat up inside the helmet, you just lift the visor and let the wind cool you.

Same with rain (or mud). Keep the visor down first and then when you open it up, you have clean goggles.

• Like 1

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

I use 2 types (separately) i have a AVG AX9 carbon with iridium lense and a Shark evoline S3 (Modula type).

The AVG is perfect really , just use the Shark when i go to the capital etc .

Arai Tour X4 and before that Arai Tour X3. I am also considering Airoh commander...or a dirt helmet with goggles for summertime...

AGV AX9 I'm pleased with it but does mist up easy compared to my old shoei. That was a sports helmet and not adv helmet though...

• Premium Member

I went Arai Tour-X4.

That wee kid above’s article (the kid with the yellow sunglasses) made me do it. Lol

Great helmet. Love it 👍

8318A804-61A3-4B34-B984-2F484DD95D39.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I just got a Shoei GT air II as a road helmet to replace the well expired BMW system 3 I used to commute with years ago. The Shoei is much lighter and quieter than the BM lid, my only concern is the cheek pads may be too big so I may need to replace them. I think the Shoei will be good off road as well though I haven't tried it yet, I do have a MX helmet and goggles should I want a serious off road lid for local bush tracks.

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to get a new lid this week.... First impression :

Very light 1350gr.. It is a lot quieter than the shark I had before and feels very nice while riding the t7... 

Comfortable to wear and I have no pressure points... The most impressive thing about this is the ventilation it has top 2 and one at the bottom but they work amazingly well. 

Only downside I could find is that when you turn the head to the left or right you could hear a slight wind noise from one of the vents. 

At the moment it is on sale almost on all major sites in the UK and for 260 pounds this is a brilliant helmet. 

Sharp rated at 5 stars and comes with pinlock. 

Aleks 

IMG_20200410_153821-01.jpeg