Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Quadlock Mount on T7?

Black Dog Moto

I've heard the stories of people ruining their camera by mounting it to the bike, even with the anti vib mount. Are these just rumors or has anyone actually experienced this? I have a late model iphone. 

Instagram @black_dog_moto

YouTube @ Black Dog Moto

• Moderators

I went with the simple bike handlebar mount version, no anti-vibration mount. It has worked fine for my iPhone 12, I even ran it through both the rallies I did, no problems. That being said I have heard of people dealing with failures - just no personal experience there.

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

Yes my iPhone 12 camera has went faulty this week after a ride. It lasted 2400 miles using the quad lock mount.

Many Samsung Notes on many bikes with many miles with no issues. It may be an iPhone thing. I know I've read a few on forums that people have. But seems all were iPhones. 

2 hours ago, Rossy NI said:

Yes my iPhone 12 camera has went faulty this week after a ride. It lasted 2400 miles using the quad lock mount.

Did you have the vibration damper?

On 3/13/2022 at 1:09 AM, smd3 said:

Did you have the vibration damper?

Yip, all bought together when a got my T7 last year.

Samsung S20, quadlock without vibrationdamper.

Untill sofar no issues.

50 road 50 offroad (mainly sandtracks )

• Like 2

Got one I will sell you. Just mounted it on the bike and then bought a tomtom rider so I dont need it.

Email received from quad lock saying they can’t completely account for the damage and offered a refund for their kit. That’s not much use. Advice is for iPhone users to stay clear.

• Like 2

On 3/15/2022 at 1:14 AM, DuncMan said:

No probs with my iPhone 11.

So far, me neither.  The phone moves with the vibration damper, but not violently and have not had issues.  Yet. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

KTM 990 Adventure. 2 iPhones ruined using Quadlock with vibration damper. My friend ruined his iPhone on a GS 1250 the same. I was hoping that with my T7 that wouldn't be an issue. I now seriously think the problem is the Quadlock system which is too firmly fixed even with the damper. 

Another friend uses a cheap holder that flexes a lot and never had a problem...  I am not risking my iPhone 13 Pro !

3 hours ago, Lewie said:

Why not just pick up a cheap 6 and ovoid the problem

+1...Exactly what I'm using.

I have a Ram quick grip but I also have a Blackview rugged phone which is pretty indestructible.

Some info here on which iPhones might be affected by the vibrations

Exposing your iPhone to high-amplitude vibrations within certain frequency ranges, specifically those generated by high-power motorcycle engines, can degrade the performance of the camera system.

I've been using one of these mounts on the center of my handlebars since I got my T7 in May. My Note20 Ultra rode in it for a while until I broke the screen and now my S22 Ultra resides in it when I'm riding. After just shy of 7k miles, I've had absolutely zero issues. My only complaint about it is the lack of any sort of plug in the wiring to make installing a new on easier if it got broken; gotta re-run the whole wire. But It works great. I've been in a downpour with my phone totally dry. I've been chasing my brother down SUPER dusty dirty roads with no grit in the case. Also nice that it wirelessly charges, so my phone isn't dead from streaming music to me Sena all day. I'd definitely recommend it, if you're wanting to mount your phone on your bike. 

Edit: The hump in the middle, inside, is a spring pad with a rubber dampener over it. It adds tension to hold the phone still will also killing vibrations.

Edited by PNGL

"What the hell's a 'farkle'? Oh... I... have all the farkles." 😑🤦🏻‍♂️

I have a Oneplus 7T Pro and use the Quadlock dampener, and my phone is still fine. I have experienced ruining the camera of my Oneplus 3 though, but that was with a RAM mount on a rented V-Strom a few years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

iPhones with the sensor stabilization are delicate darlings in this regard. But I love the thing way too much to consider moving back to an Android.

Touchwood have not had the camera give up on me, but that really is because I gave up on the idea of mounting the phone up on the high mounts off my motorcycles. Instead I go back to using the Ram handle bar mount combined with the Quadlock anti vibration head.

Does mean I have to keep looking down at the phone for navigation, which is a minor inconvenience at times! 

• Like 1

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |