Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

I love this version of the ténéré 700 !!

Cruizin

• Premium Member

I like the bottom one, but with the exhaust from the top. ? 

Fabros

1 minute ago, NRWhiteKnight said:

Mounting holes for the dirt bike fender may already be there. That would allow, if one so chooses, to have both fenders so as to be able to swap them depending on where you intend to ride.

Great idea! 

I didn’t even notice the difference but now you’ve pointed it out the high fender looks so much better, one of my first mods I think if that’s not how it comes out 

8 hours ago, T700 said:

I didn’t even notice the difference but now you’ve pointed it out the high fender looks so much better, one of my first mods I think if that’s not how it comes out 

I don't like low fenders up against the front tire on off road bikes, Id be afraid of going ripping down a gravel road and getting a rock stuck between the tire and that fender at 70 kph / 43 mph .  If that happened I'd be flyng over the handle bars and the bike and I both would be in a big tangled mess all over the road. 

7 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I don't like low fenders up against the front tire on off road bikes, Id be afraid of going ripping down a gravel road and getting a rock stuck between the tire and that fender at 70 kph / 43 mph .  If that happened I'd be flyng over the handle bars and the bike and I both would be in a big tangled mess all over the road. 

Ive been riding bikes for many years but earlier on in life a couple of dirt bikes but mainly road bikes and it’s sonething I had never noticed or thought about but with you saying that yes I can see how it could happen, not to mention how much better it looks, a win win.

top picture... the front fender cant be that low like in bottom picture- they are like bobble heads, need to let the tire "clean itself" rather than keep the dirt in the treads...

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

I like the top one best.  I want a normal seat and not a dirt bike seat. Plus, yes the fender looks better in that version. The top is more reminiscent of the XTs as well, which I like.  I love my xt250.

Archived