Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Bigger fuel tank

TransAfrique

On 6/21/2020 at 6:40 PM, T7rally.com said:

No the existing pump is repositioned, its the best way to get the weight distribution on the bike as good as it can be. Will do a video next time I pull it apart to show whats going on.

Followed up with @T7rally.com regarding development of their tank... testing is progressing well and they're hoping to have the product on the market by the end of the year, time permitting. Definitely need an extra 10lt in remote areas of Australia so very keen 🙂

Edited by veganRobot
  • Like 1

Not sure if those photos show the bike being actually wider due to the fuel tank, my guess would be theres crash bars under that rubber cover. Dash looks the same as on the current bike and all the cycle parts look the same bar the colour of the forks. Euro 5 headers and a huge cat. My guess would be a 20 litre tank with a range of 300 miles, hope they don’t ruin it by turning it into a lardy Africa Twin Adventure Sport copy. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't think it s gonna be soon . We are waiting for a bigger fuel tank since , 2019 November , I think. Sorry for down voting I meant to argue with the "soon" statement. 

In the meantime, I decided to just accept the fuel capacity the bike has. I'm by now 99% convinced I'll not buy a bigger fuel tank.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, qInvention said:

In the meantime, I decided to just accept the fuel capacity the bike has. I'm by now 99% convinced I'll not buy a bigger fuel tank.

the most I think I want to spend is on a rotopax and that’s it.

• Like 1

Rugged roads are stocking Camel Adv five ltr tank @ £369.00 in the UK that equates to £73.80 per ltr

for an extra 70 miles, I get 200 miles per tank and a 2 ltr can + 30 miles will it be worth it ??

Edited by Mapbook

Just a bit of speculation here ,that Safari tank looks a little wider so it could offer a little more rad protection from tip overs, some wind  diversion and the plastic construction would  maybe only gain the actual fuel capacity weight . The only down sides would be loosing the lock and a slight fuel smell in the garage . The 60-70 percent increase in range is AWESOME !! 

22 hours ago, Adanac Rider said:

...The only down sides would be loosing the lock and a slight fuel smell in the garage 

what do you mean? 

Agree, having those extra litres would be great 

IT seems with plastic gas tanks they smell after a year ,especially in a warm garage.

• Like 1

While T7 Rally may not have the best reputation around these parts it does appear that they are at least making "some" progress toward their larger tank.  They still won't share any photos and claim that they have 25 units to be sent out for testing.  My feeling is they aren't very good at reading the room in regards to new product development.  Possibly taking a play out of Yamaha's rollout of the T700.

From some facebook posts:

Nearly spat out mycoffee reading this:

"

T7 Rally Kudee Labhart indeed, no other company even comes close to us with numbers of T7 owners as customers. Most goes really well but obviously with such a focused customer base when it doesn’t then the issues become magnified. All gets sorted though 👍👍"

I could on one hand count a couple companies that have more T7 owners as customers.  The fact that they think that "claim" somehow makes them 

image.png.b34587db35ee09d45d45744473a6f7e5.png

image.png.07e16fb56ae2a233820ebffcb9aaa0e8.png

image.png.df3be2739c49c1eeaa535fc1c97b0a75.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 26/01/2021 at 3:54 PM, Colddog said:

@LOFTYBOBLofty’s tank sure is catching my eye, is it plastic or metal?

Safari tanks are plastic. The photo is a development pic on Facebook. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

how long have we been waiting for the solution of the possible increased tank

Get the CAMEL TANK, I can now get 360KM range with normal/hard riding.

The first bar on the fuel gauge disappears at around the 200km mark.

Cheers, Disco 

Don't know if this is valid or not but on another forum one of the members got in touch with Safari Tanks to find out what was going on and was told they will not be going ahead with their tank. I stand to be corrected on this.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 11:40 PM, rumrum said:

Don't know if this is valid or not but on another forum one of the members got in touch with Safari Tanks to find out what was going on and was told they will not be going ahead with their tank. I stand to be corrected on this.

That would be a shame if it's true. Maybe there just wasn't enough interest in the high tank, or a bigger tank in general?

Personally I would only buy a tank that kept the centre of gravity low and/or protected the radiator. I'm interested in T7Rally's under seat tank, depending on price.

• 4 weeks later...

D05OqwfT30O6gNnCEeMSul6h8QujJzMoXgjY8f8Kr3lCoVavZnyFDVvHCwoVNbIV4lEEDQ=s85

Dear  all 

Acerbis  is  the  NUMBER  ONE................................

• Like 1
  • Confused 1