Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Is the rally seat any good?

Josh_

It has been a wait, but got mine this week.  A lot more seat than the rally edition.  I hope to try it soon.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Those touratech seats look the business. Sure are dear though. 

• 9 months later...

Believe it or not: About getting used to - and even like - the stock seat now! 👍 Could it be that it has broken in somewhat, is that something that happens? So most days now I take the stock seat over the Seat Concepts Tall Comfort - can you imagine!? 😃

Otherwise, sooo happy the spring is here!! 😀 So much enjoying the T7!! 😍

Edited by Chev.

• 4 weeks later...

Commenting myself here: On tarmac, the SC Comfort tall is indeed more comfortable (for me).

And what a road-bike! Can do it on all roads, and I'll take this one before any of my previous bikes. With the T7 I'll do consecutive 1000-kilometer days for ages and enjoy every minute! 🥰

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/10/2022 at 12:20 AM, Chev. said:

For road I run:

- Seat Concepts Comfort Tall

- SW-Motech 15 mm lowered pegs

- 30 mm bar risers

- Inexpensive wind deflector mounted on screen (thanks to @jdub53)

I have never been as comfortable on any bike before. For me, couldn't be better for any speed or any daily distance! 👍😃

The seat:

20220522_124103663_iOS.jpg.b90696e5095cf1631c2bcdcce5a15e2d.jpg

And today I removed the the two rear sets of rubber bushings/buttons under the SC seat (I'm probably not the first one to do that), and found that an improvement! Reduced the slight forward scoop, and also lowered my but by half a centimeter. 👍

9 hours ago, Chev. said:

And today I removed the the two rear sets of rubber bushings/buttons under the SC seat (I'm probably not the first one to do that), and found that an improvement! Reduced the slight forward scoop, and also lowered my but by half a centimeter. 👍

I've considered shaving mine down (SC rally tall), mostly because it's VERY hard to mount the seat as it stands, it feels like the rubber bumper things are just a bit too big.  

Does it still latch snugly in place with them fully removed?

13 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

I've considered shaving mine down (SC rally tall), mostly because it's VERY hard to mount the seat as it stands, it feels like the rubber bumper things are just a bit too big.  

Does it still latch snugly in place with them fully removed?

Hi @Wintersdark 👍 I thought so, thought that perhaps the seat would seem a bit loose, or even wiggly after I removed  the two rear sets of rubber buttons from under the seat. So I though I'd keep them, just in case. But no, I cant say that the seat's fit is any looser at all. For me removing the two rear set of rubber buttons has only been an improvement with no downsides. 👍

• Thanks 1

Hi guys, I don`t know how you can talk about that rally seat is comfortable, its terrible... my ass second day after driving 600km fells so painfuly.... so anyone can offer me really got choice for Comfort seat

9 hours ago, Spokis said:

Hi guys, I don`t know how you can talk about that rally seat is comfortable, its terrible... my ass second day after driving 600km fells so painfuly.... so anyone can offer me really got choice for Comfort seat

It's better than the stock seat, but that's a very low bar.  If anything I'd argue it's about the same but without the hard uncomfortable division between the two seats.  

I'd recommend most people go comfort.

9 hours ago, Spokis said:

Try one of these

Much better 

IMG_5031.jpeg