Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Chest protector for street use!

Aleksandar13

Hi all, 

I'm thinking of options to protect myself better in case of a crash. At the moment I'm riding with level 2 protectors in my rst jacket. 

I am wondering how many of you have used chest protectors on the street? 

Would it be better to have back and chest underneath the jacket as one piece armour or is the back protector in the jacket good enough and just add a chest protector.. 

I have never used one and don't know how comfortable they are. 

Personally, for on-road use I don't really see the added value of a chest protector. I use the back, shoulder and elbow protectors in my jacket, hip and knee protectors in my pants, good footwear (Sidi adventures on long trips, urban footwear with stiff soles and ankle protectors on short trips without motorways). And always a pair of good leather gloves. 

Chest protection can be useful offroad, to ward off branches, stubs, stones etc. On roads, or unpaved roads, that is not my main concern. A neck brace might offer more (useful) protection.

Just my 2 cents (just another guy with an opinion).

Very curious on other people's opinions on this though!

Edited by WalterT
  • Like 1