Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Let's see your Jeep

AZJW

• Moderators

Show us your Jeep and a brief description as what you've done to it and what's next as we all know, just as with bikes, you're never really done modifying them. My future plans are flat fenders, 35 or 37" tires and a regear.

20220629_070659.jpg.98269325943cef1815dec06cc6a44173.jpg

2013 JK, 2” Rancho lift w/RS9000XL,(no bump stops), Synergy LCA, OEM wheels (no spacers) w/ 255/80/17 KM2’s, LOD full front bumper, Engo E9000S winch, Rock Hard rear

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

OK, I'll bite.

632639092_cornerincarport_1.jpg.24e8f2fc73e7592903fdb20208986ef2.jpg

I see a lot of bad-ass yet pristine Jeeps in parking lots. Mine is neither. It's a 1996 Jeep ZJ, Grand Cherokee, Laredo trim, bought new from a dealer in Reno, NV. Flew in, drove it home, mostly at night and in a blizzard from Reno to Tonapah. Its life got harder after that. Commuting for years, plenty of travel trailer towing, several Easter Jeep Safari's in Moab, UT, several Jeep Grand Cherokee Club runs in Moab, the Colorado Rockies, and one trip over the famed Rubicon Trail in CA. Now days it's mostly a grocery getter.

Specs:
* 5.2-liter V8, auto trans, full-time 4WD transfer case (NP249 Quadra-trac), 3.73:1 ring and pinion. Everything in the drivetrain is stock except for adding a Traclock limited-slip in the front diff and 31x15 BFG KO2 All Terrain tires.

Add-ons: 
* Old Man Emu 3" suspension lift (3rd iteration of suspension after Teraflex and Rough Country), ARB front bumper, Warn 9000-lb winch, IPF lights, rock rails, diff skids, lower control arm skids, front swaybar disconnects, Confer roof rack, aux. rear-facing lights on rack, CB radio (antenna is somewhere in the garage), boonie box on-board.

The paint looks like it's been in the desert for 20+ years - duh, headliner might disintegrate if you touch it, AC (compressor) doesn't work but mostly everything else does give or take a door lock and window control here and there. It's kinda slow but runs smooth. 

There it is, reposing in its carport, keeping an eye on the backyard.

1447045_frontincarport.jpg.91d494361a0039c2b4cdae2bee4bc70a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Moderators

@Boondocker Wow, that baby has street trail cred!  I like your setup and have considered a 3" lift, but I've been spending upgrade dollars on bikes and a new house, so that idea is on the back burner.  The Rubicon Trail was always a distant thought to try, but at least we've done a bunch of trails at Moab to scratch the trail itch.  I'm envious of you getting to tackle that iconic trail.  Thanks for posting,  good to see a real trail machine.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• 10 months later...

Here's mine.  It's an ancient thread I know, just recently ran across some pics of the old girl on the laptop. Nothing too fancy, 1994 xj cherokee,  warmed over 4.0 with ax15 5 spd, regeared to 3.73,  rubicon express 4.5" superflex lift, clayton offroad one ton steering and track bar, bilstein remote reservoir shocks, tons of other random mods im forgetting. Hopefully bringing her back to trailworthy condition before too long, kind of took a back burner to all the other projects lately.P4280089.JPG.d5cd96dc982a4e4a85e2aa375dcaca8e.JPG

Edited by JhrTenere65
  • Like 2