Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Mitas E07+ (Non Dakar)

Hammerhead

Here is my Anakee Wild after 2600km - 30% offroad, 70% on tarmac (up to 170km/h).

Using these Anakee Wild tires on high speeds is a very bad idea... they are very unstable and they also go away very fast.

I kept the front and mounted the second rear tire, trying to stay away from the tarmac as much as possible.

Before, I have used Mitas E-07 (no plus), and in the same 30/70 conditions I got just over 7000km. They are more stable at high speeds, more durable, and the overall grip is comparable with Anakee Wild.

So... I plan to go back to Mitas E-07, after the Anakee Wild bitter experience. I see no advantage of using the expensive Michelin tire...

PXL-20221018-103143302.jpg

Image PXL-20221018-103143302 hosted in ImgBB

• Like 1
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 Rally Edition / 2018 Husqvarna TE 250i / 2008 KTM EXC-450 R

2 hours ago, indispus said:

the overall grip is comparable with Anakee Wild.

No it's not.

The Anakee Wild is way better on wet tarmac.

The E07 is a 70/30 tyre and the wild is a 50/50 so quite logic the E07 does better at speed.

Thruth is that the T7 is not made for speed but for offroad with good manners to get there over main paved roads.

How well mannered depends on how much you will sacrifice once you get to the offroad part.

48 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

No it's not.

The E07 is a 70/30 tyre and the wild is a 50/50 so quite logic the E07 does better at speed.

Thruth is that the T7 is not made for speed but for offroad with good manners to get there over main paved roads.

How well mannered depends on how much you will sacrifice once you get to the offroad part.

That's what I heard as well, rain performance of the Anakee Wild is said to be quite good, E07 not so.

Longevity always comes at a price: Either poor performance offroad (due to not enough negative profile or due to a middle strip) or poor performance when wet (due to harder rubber compound, as the MotoZ Tractionators) - or both.

On 9/26/2022 at 9:40 AM, Tenerider said:

Good to know. I more and more think the Anakee Wild might be my next set. The Scorpion STR are great onroad, but I really don't like them even on gravel.

What's your opinion about the Wild compared to the STR onroad, apart from longevity?

Go for the Anakee Wilds. I'm West coast of Canada - BC. Lots of varied terrain and weather. Desert to rain forest.

The Wilds aren't cheap but are superior to the TKC80. Not as aggressive as Mitas E-09 or E-10.

On road the only difference at the speeds I ride is noise, and as with any knob type tire they will get noisier as they wear. The Wild front at ~10,000km certainly didn't cup as badly as the Mitas E-10 did at 8,500km.

IMG_9357.jpeg

IMG_9503.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Black99S said:

Go for the Anakee Wilds. I'm West coast of Canada - BC. Lots of varied terrain and weather. Desert to rain forest.

The Wilds aren't cheap but are superior to the TKC80. Not as aggressive as Mitas E-09 or E-10.

On road the only difference at the speeds I ride is noise, and as with any knob type tire they will get noisier as they wear. The Wild front at ~10,000km certainly didn't cup as badly as the Mitas E-10 did at 8,500km.

IMG_9357.jpeg

IMG_9503.jpeg

Thanks mate, very helpful!

How would you compare their onroad performance (especially on winding roads) to the Scorpion STR?

44 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

How would you compare their onroad performance (especially on winding roads) to the Scorpion STR?

See my video's how ik ride in the Norwegian fjords.
I rode the Anakee Wild unto Tallinn where i changed them to the Mitas E07 (normal front and plus rear) after 6000km.
Ik could only change the rear but the Wild was very expensive and i wanted to test the Mitas E07 anyway so why not in the middle of a big trip with some serious offroad, various paved roads and the autobahn still to come.
The Anakee wild is still my favourite but i have a set Heidenau K60 Ranger ready for when the E07 is done and the Dunlop D908 rear with the D606 or Pirelli MT21 front is planned for after those.
The tests when i already have a tyre i really like is because you never find anything better when you never try something new.
Ik hope to find something better or at least the same for less money because i'm close to 35.000km this year and still have a few months left.
On the Crosstourer i run the Anakee Adventure, a superb tyre when you do mainly street with some light offroad but not for what i do with the T7.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tenerider said:

At much higher speeds than posted limits STR is better on road and on winding paved roads than the Anakee Wild because it doesn't have squirmy knobs and has more rubber on the road.

I don't even think about it with the Wild - I'm rarely above 140kmh unless I'm passing something. I don't back off speed and carve any corner with a big grin. The pucker factor on gravel means the STR will never be used again so for me the comparison is of no value.

My next set on the T7 - Motoz Rallz

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Black99S said:

At much higher speeds than posted limits STR is better on road and on winding paved roads than the Anakee Wild because it doesn't have squirmy knobs and has more rubber on the road.

I don't even think about it with the Wild - I'm rarely above 140kmh unless I'm passing something. I don't back off speed and carve any corner with a big grin. The pucker factor on gravel means the STR will never be used again so for me the comparison is of no value.

My next set on the T7 - Motoz Rallz

Sounds very good to me. I am usually way below 140 km/h anyway. I think I'll just give them a try.

I totally agree about the STR on gravel, they can be really scary - even when not cornering. They do behave very well onroad, and this is what 80% (or more) of my riding is, but WHEN I'm offroading, I'm not just taking the easiest gravel roads at walking pace.

P.S. just ordered a set

Edited by Tenerider

16 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

No it's not.

Not sure what to say about your opinion... Mitas E-07 is a true 50/50 tire, not a 70/30 as you claim.

From my experience, running 2 sets of E-07 so far, it performs just fine on the wet tarmac. I cannot say that Anakee Wild performs better or worse on that wet tarmac.

In my opinion, E-07 is better than the Anakee Wild from several point of views.

I'm now on my second Anakee Wild rear tire....

Feel free to check the official product page here: 

Mitas E-07 ENDURO is designed as a 50/50 dual sport – trail – adventure bike tire (50% on-road & 50% off-road use).

• Like 1
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 Rally Edition / 2018 Husqvarna TE 250i / 2008 KTM EXC-450 R

It's also a matter of taste.

Regarding the manufacturer's percentage, this is often exaggerated. Our beloved Scorpion Rally STRs (!) were categorised 50/50 in the Adventure Motorcycling Handbook, for example... I don't think Chris Scott just made up this rating, probably Pirelli told him so.

4 hours ago, indispus said:

Mitas E-07 is a true 50/50 tire,

I want to be a Millionaire but that doesn't make me one.

They might claim it to be at Mitas but no way that the E07 is a 50/50. The "plus" is a good afford to get there but still not goid enough.

I'm more comfortable calling the Anakee Wild a 40/60 than calling the E07 a 50/50 but it isn't.

Maybe you have more abrasive asphalt where you ride but the E07 is not getting more than a "OK" in the wet.

Trust me, the Wild is doing way better in these conditions.

• Dislike 1

Haven’t been here for a while, but as usual a tyre thread looks to have gone off slick as an oil one. Always heaps of subjective preferences & opinions.

So I milked another 1500km outa that E07+ just to get my money’s worth (& that’s end result) before replacing with a fresh motoZ ADV. 
  Paired up with their dual venture front. Gonna try & tame the wheel spin/ drifting habits and see how these  hold up. 
  Early impressions are good with a mild bit of noticeable tarmac squirming up front, but not enough to be unsettling. 
   Maybe when they’re done I’ll light another tyre thread on fire, maybe not…

A2285E2D-B96E-4ABF-A7B2-B669BE212984.jpeg

9337E815-EB95-4D63-AA86-3951487A400D.jpeg

• Like 2

Ough! these tire opinions! 😄

Opinions are like bums - everyone got his own 🙂

Here's mine: 🤣

Best adventure tire for heavy bikes is Bridgestone AX41 Adventurecross. Its same good offroad as all other knoblies (TKC80, E09, Anakee wild) and far better on the tarmac. Also last over 3500 miles on the rear.

IMG_20220101_133341.jpg.db6a50ea269035496cb32c49c2cffd91.jpgIMG_20220101_133351.jpg.a8a56b3593b52c608fa98597ec4d0f7b.jpg

I liked mitas E07 non + on KTM 990 couple of years ago, but i used it with metzeler sahara 3 on the front, as it was a tad too hard for my agressive riding and i find sahara similar offroad and softer on the tarmac.

Anakee wild was rubbish for me - lasted only 2k miles on the rear of my husky 701 and was only slightly better on tarmac than TKC80 and no better offroad.

Edited by Bartek
  • Like 3

Yet to try those Bridgestones, but they do look the business & come well recommended by many. Maybe after the motoZ are cooked, but I’ve a feeling that could take a while.

• 4 months later...

Based on my experience, a great adventure tire option for heavy bikes that's even better than the Bridgestone AX41 would be the Michelin Anakee Adventure. This tire offers excellent wet and dry performance, exceptional durability, and provides great grip on both paved and unpaved surfaces. Especially I love the Versatile performance: The Michelin Anakee Adventure is designed to perform well on both on-road and off-road terrains, making it ideal for adventure riding. It provides excellent grip and stability on wet and dry surfaces, as well as in muddy and rocky conditions. About the Durability construction: The Anakee Adventure features a robust construction that can withstand the weight of heavy bikes and the rigors of adventure riding. It has a strong carcass that resists punctures and cuts, and a deep tread pattern that enhances traction and longevity. And compared to the AX41, it delivers a more comfortable ride and improved handling. It's definitely worth checking out if you're looking for a high-performance adventure tire like this for your heavy bike.

Edited by dunwin

1 hour ago, dunwin said:

in muddy and rocky conditions

For a 80/20 tyre yes but when having the option to avoid mud or rocky terrain i would opt for that.
There is just little space between the lugs to get rid of mud so wehen it's wet enough to wash them in the watery top but halve dry you're probably get stuck.
In rocky terrain you need to beware of skipping side to side due to the lack of profile on the sides.
On gravel they are just great, i have done almost 70.000k km on this tyre on my Honda Crosstourer averaging 13.000km on a rear and 20.000 on the front but often i change both and only skipped the front since i have the T7 and made that my main bike.
I'm now running the Heidenau K60 Ranger on the T7 and they perform quite good and seem to last more than good enough to use them on a long trip. Not done yet so i can't tell yet how long.

• 10 months later...

Can anyone compare the road perfomance of the STR to the E07+ (non Dakar)?

Is the E07+ enjoyable to ride on the road or is it just enough to "get by"?

I have run 3 sets of STR and found it good for my ADV bike us of mostly tarmac (sadly) and some gravel roads in between. The STR for me is amazing on the road in the summer, perfect for the Alps.

The part that slightly worries me is the fact that people are getting huge mileages on the Eo7's. I don't really need an RTW tire and prefer good grip, also on cold and wet days, instead of getting 20k+ KM out of a set. 

And what would be a decent alternative to the E07's if one would go for a different model. The new Dunlop Trailmax raid maybe? 🤔

Thx for any opinions 😁

On 1/29/2024 at 6:21 AM, OK185 said:

Can anyone compare the road perfomance of the STR to the E07+ (non Dakar)?

Is the E07+ enjoyable to ride on the road or is it just enough to "get by"?

I have run 3 sets of STR and found it good for my ADV bike us of mostly tarmac (sadly) and some gravel roads in between. The STR for me is amazing on the road in the summer, perfect for the Alps.

The part that slightly worries me is the fact that people are getting huge mileages on the Eo7's. I don't really need an RTW tire and prefer good grip, also on cold and wet days, instead of getting 20k+ KM out of a set. 

And what would be a decent alternative to the E07's if one would go for a different model. The new Dunlop Trailmax raid maybe? 🤔

Thx for any opinions 😁

I have had the E07+ on the rear on my bike for about 6k kms now and it is fantastic in every sense. On the road and especially in the wet they are way better than the STRs in my opinion. On gravel they are great as well, only downside I have seen is that the rear will break lose easy under hard acceleration, but that is really not a deal breaker for me, atleast with my style of riding gravel. This is probably due to the pattern of the tyre as compared to the blocky design on the STR.

The Eo7+ will not last as long as the E07s, so rest assured they aren't going to do 20k+ km, you will get lucky with about 12k kms on the tyre. It looks like I am at half life on the tyre and I would definitely get another one of the rear again.

The one place the tyre does suck is in the mud, because of the V directional design it is easy to lose the back if you aren't staying on flat ground. Took 2 pretty crazy falls trying to get the bike to move out of a 4x4 rutted track that was wet and muddy.

The new Dunlop TrailMax raids seem to have a very short life and I am not sure how good they may be on the wet tarmac.

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

What exactly are the benefits of the E07+ over the old E07? From what I gather the E07 lasts longer and going only from Mitas' website, is better off road (although I take anything a tyre manufacturer says with a pinch of salt). 

Does the E07+ handle better on road and have better grip, better in the wet? Whats the realistic range of either on our bikes?

I havent tried either tyre but after 10 years using Heidenau k60s I'm after something new. Im after something that will last a decent tour round Europe and still do a some trail riding in the UK during summer months when its not as sloppy and wet, the K60s were reasonably ok for this but Ive started to lose faith in them after tearing two fronts and another which was bad from day 1. For winter I'll use something more aggressive.

On 2/5/2024 at 11:35 PM, Peen said:

What exactly are the benefits of the E07+ over the old E07? From what I gather the E07 lasts longer and going only from Mitas' website, is better off road (although I take anything a tyre manufacturer says with a pinch of salt). 

Does the E07+ handle better on road and have better grip, better in the wet? Whats the realistic range of either on our bikes?

I havent tried either tyre but after 10 years using Heidenau k60s I'm after something new. Im after something that will last a decent tour round Europe and still do a some trail riding in the UK during summer months when its not as sloppy and wet, the K60s were reasonably ok for this but Ive started to lose faith in them after tearing two fronts and another which was bad from day 1. For winter I'll use something more aggressive.

My understanding is that the E07+ is better when wet on the road compared to the E07s. After a point when the E07's wear they do tend to start looking like they have a centre strip on the tyre which means loss of traction in the mud or narly stuff.

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

I have 11,000km on my e07 + rear and am now looking to replace it just to try something new. 

im surprised at poor mileage mentioned in some early posts. I ride as much gravel/off-road as I can and they have done good. And I’m not shy about the throttle but don’t needlessly try to burn them off either.

I agree with motonap- once the e07 (non plus) starts to wear it seems to be much more street bias.

I would think the + is better for off-road (dirt/gravel) but also find it not great in the mud (but what 50/50 tire is really?)

Overall I’m happy with the e07+ rear. I have e07 (non +) on the front and would not get it again. It’s getting good mileage, but is no good off road and even on simple fine sand/gravel roads for that matter it still tries to set me down for a dirt nap. 

I have my sights set on Motoz dualventure front and adventure rear. Or the new Tusk 2track for the rear . Just to switch it up and try to get something more off-road rated with decent mileage. 

but overall, e07+ rear has been pretty good to me .

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2024 at 6:51 PM, CamT said:

I have 11,000km on my e07 + rear and am now looking to replace it just to try something new. 

im surprised at poor mileage mentioned in some early posts. I ride as much gravel/off-road as I can and they have done good. And I’m not shy about the throttle but don’t needlessly try to burn them off either.

I agree with motonap- once the e07 (non plus) starts to wear it seems to be much more street bias.

I would think the + is better for off-road (dirt/gravel) but also find it not great in the mud (but what 50/50 tire is really?)

Overall I’m happy with the e07+ rear. I have e07 (non +) on the front and would not get it again. It’s getting good mileage, but is no good off road and even on simple fine sand/gravel roads for that matter it still tries to set me down for a dirt nap. 

I have my sights set on Motoz dualventure front and adventure rear. Or the new Tusk 2track for the rear . Just to switch it up and try to get something more off-road rated with decent mileage. 

but overall, e07+ rear has been pretty good to me .

I tried installing the tusk 2track rear but it's a bear. I got one bead on easily but not the other and after 1 hour decided to take it to the shop for them to finish.   I ended up having the stock tire put back on and gave the 2track set to my friend who has same size wheels but tubeless.

I would not want to have to spoon these 2track tires to fix a flat!      

Edited by EverydayTenere