Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Center stand comparison

Totti

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, Totti said:

@Janka, Here are the pictures that I promised. If You need more or from a different angle, send me a private message.

20200221_123126.jpg

20200221_123153.jpg

Thanks!!

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi

Does the chain ever hit the center stand, it look a bit close in the picture, but it may be the angle? 

Cheers

Nige 

• Like 1

I can't tell. I haven't had the option to drive yet. It's still freezing here. No sun and temperature is about 8'C. That's too cold for an old fart like me. I'll try to find another picture from different angle.

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2020 at 6:32 PM, WalterT said:

Any experiences off road with these yet? The sw motechs on my Tiger 800 kept bouncing up and down at the slightest bump with audible "klunks". Very annoying, I strapped them down anytime I went off smooth tarmac..

Since the question has been asked, I'm coming back to this thread.

T7 and me got a bit dirty yesterday 😆 and I can now confirm @WalterT's experiences with his Tiger and the SW Motech centrestand: I also heard some noticeable klunks - but only on those harder passages (might be just me and someone else tells us it's klunking at the slightest bump...)

I had the feeling that it would hit against the exhaust can but I'm pretty convinced that's not the case, as I'm sure there would be marks on the can if it was, which I couldn't see. 

I'm still very happy with the SW Motech equipment on my bike, but I'm now thinking I might also strap it down when I know I want to ride a bit more roughly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2020 at 1:39 AM, Nige T said:

Hi

Does the chain ever hit the center stand, it look a bit close in the picture, but it may be the angle? 

Cheers

Nige 

@Nige T sorry for the late reply. 1000 km riding in dirt and tarmac and with the center stand and no signs or marks in the stand.

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone have a picture of their SW-Motech center stand with it raise for comparison to the Hepco-Becker?  Left side?

Edited by SociallyStunted

Hi all, I just fitted Hepco & Becker to my T7 and even with my crappy mechanical ability it was very straightforward, The only tricky bit was fitting the springs for the stand, jeez.... took longer to fit springs than bolt the stand on.... haha.. 

Superb product, fit and finish very impressive and included TUV certification, very impressed.

Edited by Spelldrummer
spelling

hmm I wonder which one had the sense of humor Hepco or Becker? 🧐 Looks like a dick mounted to the swingarm..

I have Hepco & Becker on mine with B&B bashplate. I use my bike in some hard offroad conditions and have heard it once or twice but only on very big hits. SW one needs modifying the B&B mount plus read about the clunking offroad. A mate has the factory one and his bounces much more plus sticks out more when up.

Edited by bru00z

Can anyone confirm that the SW Motech Centrestand fits with the Outback Motortech skidplate?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hepco Becker:

+ Slim to the bike, doesn't stuck out any farther than the sidestand; stays up on aggressive off road; well built;  looks good; fair price; easy up

- The chain runs pretty close to it (hasn't touched yet though); it retracts pretty hard... major "clang" as it folds up; partially blocks lowest suspension adjustment screw; blocks shift linkage

Unsure what skid plates this works with; I still have the stock one

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by MeefZah
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You can’t grasp its vastness from a plane. It’s diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt."   -   Zach Bowman

• Moderators

Great post @MeefZah. You started off with the brand of center stand, not " mine " so the reader doesn't have to back track to see which one the poster is referring to. Great angles on the pics, I haven't seen these vantage points before, you might have just convinced me to get a Hepco Becker for my T7. 

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

I went the genuine Yamaha centre stand.  It is a fair lump of a thing and does stick out a bit.  However it does have good leverage to get the bike on it.  Cant have everything I suppose. It also fits with the B&B Bashplate. I agree to keep weight down where you can,  but we are riding Adventure/Touring bikes here not lightweight motocrossers.

Edited by DazR
  • Like 3

Hi DazR,

Love the Roo picture. Reminds me of an old fella in south australia that had a roo as his guard-dog. 6 foot fence and it would look at you over the top of the fence. 

You would have to be VERY brave or VERY stupid to enter the yard...

cheers, Disco

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CAJW said:

Great post @MeefZah. You started off with the brand of center stand, not " mine " so the reader doesn't have to back track to see which one the poster is referring to. Great angles on the pics, I haven't seen these vantage points before, you might have just convinced me to get a Hepco Becker for my T7. 

$269.  Free shipping and took like 4 days to Calif.  I think if you surf around on their site for a minute you get a pop up that offers you 5% off with a discount code.

https://www.motomachines.com/hepco-becker-center-stand-yamaha-tenere-700

• Like 1

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You can’t grasp its vastness from a plane. It’s diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt."   -   Zach Bowman

11 hours ago, Disco said:

Hi DazR,

Love the Roo picture. Reminds me of an old fella in south australia that had a roo as his guard-dog. 6 foot fence and it would look at you over the top of the fence. 

You would have to be VERY brave or VERY stupid to enter the yard...

cheers, Disco

Thanks Disco, Roos can get pretty agro as you know. I got beaten up by one when I was a young bloke in a Wildlife Park near the Gold Coast

I went with the Hepco Becker stand cause it fits with the B&B Bash plate (thanks to bru00z for this info) plus its cheaper and lighter then OEM. Easy to fit and easy to use aswell.

Pain Heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory lasts forever 

I installed the H&B and it's a good unit. Installing the spring at the end was made a lot easier by using an old 2-stroke pipe spring tool. The spring is strong/stiff, and I wasn't sure my tool would be strong enough, but it made the job - maybe not easy - but just a matter of a minute or two. 

20201024_085806.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone fitted the H&B center stand with the Outback Motortek skid plate?

Just installed the H&B centre stand with my Camel ADV bash plate. No issues at all with fitment. I also have the OM rear rack installed which gives nice grab/lift points to help the bike up on the centre stand. 

IMG_0819.JPG

11 hours ago, wb22rules said:

Has anyone fitted the H&B center stand with the Outback Motortek skid plate?

NO But I can confirm that the SW Motech CS fits with the Outback Motortek SP.

Ive just fitted the hepco becker stand and tbh its wasnt an easy fit without changing parts. On the left hand side there are two spacers. Either it is too short or too long. 

One large spacer with very long bolt which is one inch too long.. unnecessary.   

one shorter spacer.

if u keep the orginal length there is a gap which if you tighten it will distort.

i had to add a washer to built it up so it sat straight.

also the pivot spacers are not long enough so if you tighten up it virtually locks the centre stand and the washers scrape against the paint.

your supposed to tighten the pivot bolts very tight without jamming the stand up or down

i had to release the bolt and use Shet loads of locktite.

all in all a bit crap!

Edited by Matth

6 hours ago, Matth said:

Ive just fitted the hepco becker stand and tbh its wasnt an easy fit without changing parts. On the left hand side there are two spacers. Either it is too short or too long. 

One large spacer with very long bolt which is one inch too long.. unnecessary.   

one shorter spacer.

if u keep the orginal length there is a gap which if you tighten it will distort.

i had to add a washer to built it up so it sat straight.

also the pivot spacers are not long enough so if you tighten up it virtually locks the centre stand and the washers scrape against the paint.

your supposed to tighten the pivot bolts very tight without jamming the stand up or down

i had to release the bolt and use Shet loads of locktite.

all in all a bit crap!

Hmmm...... my Hepco Becker stand was a simple install and it fitted perfectly. 

• Like 2

Making James May look quick!