Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Center stand comparison

Totti

Re Matth's post above, my Hepco and Becker also fitted perfectly too - one bolt seemed a bit long but just sticks out into empty space so doesn't matter.

Just rode it offroad for the first time and noticed my right heel coming into contact with the spring quite a bit (when standing only, fine when sat down), which was  a bit annoying. Nobody else found this an issue? I was wondering if the OEM stand or any of the others had similar issues. May well be something i'll just get used to, but going down a steep offroad hill it would prevent you getting your heels right down. I do have stock pegs, might not be an issue with longer aftermarket ones.

Edited by jonboy99

Just to follow on a bit from my Hepco and becker centre stand.

picture 1 shows one bolt way to long

picture 2 shows bolts not long enough.

picture 3 shows the washer i had to install to level it up otherwise will distort if you dont.

the pic show the left hand spacers being wrong.

you can clearly see they are sat where they should be but where my pointer is there lies the problem. Either the short is too short or long spacer is too long.

also the pivot bolts should have nuts on them, enough space but not long enough.

rant over :)))

7B0EA001-0BCD-4565-915F-7FFC9AB55AAB.jpeg

B3063815-E346-4A8D-BFBB-DA9934A37B42.jpeg

D28EA5D5-CFA1-4BD6-96DD-C36E17CDE5C3.png

1 hour ago, Matth said:

Just to follow on a bit from my Hepco and becker centre stand.

picture 1 shows one bolt way to long

picture 2 shows bolts not long enough.

picture 3 shows the washer i had to install to level it up otherwise will distort if you dont.

the pic show the left hand spacers being wrong.

you can clearly see they are sat where they should be but where my pointer is there lies the problem. Either the short is too short or long spacer is too long.

also the pivot bolts should have nuts on them, enough space but not long enough.

rant over :)))

Sometimes you just can't beat OEM...

• Like 1

Really strange... these spacers should be machined and so it’s really weird you got this offset.

On 11/7/2020 at 2:24 PM, Matth said:

Ive just fitted the hepco becker stand and tbh its wasnt an easy fit without changing parts. On the left hand side there are two spacers. Either it is too short or too long. 

One large spacer with very long bolt which is one inch too long.. unnecessary.   

one shorter spacer.

if u keep the orginal length there is a gap which if you tighten it will distort.

i had to add a washer to built it up so it sat straight.

also the pivot spacers are not long enough so if you tighten up it virtually locks the centre stand and the washers scrape against the paint.

your supposed to tighten the pivot bolts very tight without jamming the stand up or down

i had to release the bolt and use Shet loads of locktite.

all in all a bit crap!

I’m sorry man but I suppose you intstalled wrong your center stand. The problem is in those pivot bushes. They’re a fundamental part of this mechanism. Since this product is powder coated, and you should know powder coating is hard as hell, you have to clear well the hole and maybe use some sand paper to make these bushes fit well, otherwise you won’t be able to push all the way down the bush on its place. Once you get these bushes perfectly sitting on their place you won’t have any problem with other fitting, because all parts are standard for all kits, and no one here experimented weird problem installing this center stand. I found only , as I wrote above, a thicker layer of powder coating that made difficult to push the bushes down. Clean those holes and everything will work fine. Pivot screws don’t need any nut, use red loctite and tight them at 30Nm. They won’t move anymore cause the bushes make rotate freely the stand, if properly installed.

Believe me, unmount your center stand, check those bushes and then install again following the instruction provided by Hepco & Becker  .

Edited by Reeko81
  • Like 1

hi there

I agree about the pivot spacers and I noticed some powder coat swarf in the hole which i dealt with so was clean and smooth. Of course i didnt take all the powder coat of the underside of the washer seat. They could have made it slightly longer and that would be that.

whats the reasoning behind the spacers being not right i wonder

You have not to remove all the powder coat under the bush, just ensure that the two bushes goes right in their place. This will make the difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Darren

Looking forward to see the stand on your bike and get your opinion...

55 minutes ago, raoulj said:

Cheers Darren

Looking forward to see the stand on your bike and get your opinion...

Simply to fit . The mounts are nice heavy duty . The springs are tough to get on. I will take some photos the weekend when I see some day light

After reading this thread I ended up with the SW Motechs. Would have liked the HB because of the lower weight, but since it sits so close to the chain I went with the SW for peace of mind.

On 11/23/2020 at 9:43 PM, raoulj said:

What is the weight?

I've just received one as well. About 4.5 kg. There goes all the weight savings I'd made. 

2 hours ago, Darrenheli said:

Works fine with plenty of clearance for the chain

IMG_20201129_145828_5.jpg

IMG_20201129_145845_0.jpg

IMG_20201129_145858_3.jpg

IMG_20201129_150104_9.jpg

rear wheels almost touches ground? with another tyre or in gravel you will have problem..

3 minutes ago, kiriakos said:

rear wheels almost touches ground? with another tyre or in gravel you will have problem..

Iam shure it's fine I will measure the gap tomorrow

• 2 weeks later...