Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What are the top five first upgrades that help the Tenere 700?

Cruizin

5 hours ago, Motoadventure said:

Agreed, its quite personnel and different for what you want to do with it. I went for Michelin tires, hard luggage, protection, heated grips and all the yam stuff early doors as nothing else was available in August. Riding across France to the Pyrenees and into Spain we carried camping gear, parts tools food and cloths. So everything was specific to what I want. 

Cheers All the best Mick 

IMG_6120.jpg

IMG_6105.jpg

What Michelin tyres did you fit Mick? Anakees wilds? And if so, what did you think off road specifically in mud?

Cheers

Rich

In top 5 for me would also be the tail tidy.. Saved 0.5kg.. Not a lot but the bike looks amazing now and it's definitely worth it... 

IMG_20200111_112126.jpg

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

In top 5 for me would also be the tail tidy.. Saved 0.5kg.. Not a lot but the bike looks amazing now and it's definitely worth it... 

IMG_20200111_112126.jpg

Top job. Super chuffed with mine too.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

IMG_20200111_112126.jpg

RG racing have also published their own version of tail tidy and they say it's fairly easy to fit...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, al700 said:

RG racing have also published their own version of tail tidy and they say it's fairly easy to fit...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Looks good but as far as I can remember they are about 2 times more £££ as well. 

• 3 weeks later...

My top 5 for I improved off-road performance/experience:

1. Tyres - I nearly dropped the demo bike trying to go off-road on the standard tyres! 🤫😂 

2. GPS and mount - so I know where I’m going!

3. Barkbusters - for better hand protection and less likely than the standard ones to break after the first drop!

4. Foot pegs and brake pedal extender

5. Bash plate - the stock one looks to be about as much use as a chocolate fire-guard!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2020 at 2:05 PM, CReamflourish said:

My top 5 for I improved off-road performance/experience:

1. Tyres - I nearly dropped the demo bike trying to go off-road on the standard tyres! 🤫😂 

2. GPS and mount - so I know where I’m going!

3. Barkbusters - for better hand protection and less likely than the standard ones to break after the first drop!

4. Foot pegs and brake pedal extender

5. Bash plate - the stock one looks to be about as much use as a chocolate fire-guard!

Thats a good list!

• Like 1

My top 5:

1. Oxford grip warmers. In Finland we have 3 months of cold and 9 months of very cold.  

2. Mounting bracket for Garmin GPS.

3. Rear rack for my Giant Loop and my tent.

4. Barkbusters handguards. The original are no good.

5. Bash plate. Need something else than the tin foil.

• Like 1

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone:

My upgrades for my dream T7 are:

1. Andreani internal front fork and spring

2.Ohlins rear shock

3.Rapid Bike ECU

4.Akrapovic full exhaust system

5.Unifilter foam filter

6.Rally seat

7.Outback motortek defenses

8.Led indicators

9.Central stand

10. Litium battery

11. Continental TKC80 tires

12.SW Motech engine protector

13.tecnoglobe warmer grips

14.Radiatpr protector

15. Chain protector

16. Motopumps GPS holder

17. DRC Wide footpegs

18. Givi lights

Coming next:

1. Rtech H3 handguards

2.Mosko Rackless Revolver 3.0 panniers

Really enjoying this bike!

IMG_4142.jpeg

IMG_4109.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 3/14/2020 at 8:11 AM, andreutopfun said:

Hi everyone:

My upgrades for my dream T7 are:

1. Andreani internal front fork and spring

2.Ohlins rear shock

3.Rapid Bike ECU

4.Akrapovic full exhaust system

5.Unifilter foam filter

6.Rally seat

7.Outback motortek defenses

8.Led indicators

9.Central stand

10. Litium battery

11. Continental TKC80 tires

12.SW Motech engine protector

13.tecnoglobe warmer grips

14.Radiatpr protector

15. Chain protector

16. Motopumps GPS holder

17. DRC Wide footpegs

18. Givi lights

Coming next:

1. Rtech H3 handguards

2.Mosko Rackless Revolver 3.0 panniers

Really enjoying this bike!

IMG_4142.jpeg

IMG_4109.jpeg

Wow ... "That is a proper list" ... missing links, but proper list ... Thanks.

Added lately:

BartFactory tubeless wheelset with CNC hubs

Aurora Rally Graphics

Modified the Andreani front fork to 230 mm

So far have the Tail Tidy by RG installed and my LeoVince header and can arrived today.  The cat is gone and it sounds great and is more responsive.  Bumot luggage arrives Wednesday, but I'm told the Adventure Spec bash guard and crash bars are back ordered.  Just like Christmas!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2f2.jpg

• Like 4

Picking up the new steed tomorrow! 

Oxford sport heated grips

El cheapo Heavy duty hand guards, (Chinese Balkbusters), Lol!

Outback Motortek skid plate, silver

Outback Motortek lower crash bars, silver

Yammie chain guide

Soft luggage on the way, Joe rocket Reactor.

Coming up with plan for building my own rear rack with removeable side supports for both soft bags and for existing hard bags.

• Like 2

If you are using your bike for on road only then I would list the supermoto wheels as a top 5 item to have. 

It is not the cheapest mods to have but now after over 1200 miles on this setup I can just confirm that the bike is so much better for road use... Flickable fun and puts a very big smile on your face. 

🏍️💨😅😁💯📸👌

IMG_20200402_180056__01-01.jpeg

IMG_20200508_112106-03.jpeg

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

If you are using your bike for on road only then I would list the supermoto wheels as a top 5 item to have. 

It is not the cheapest mods to have but now after over 1200 miles on this setup I can just confirm that the bike is so much better for road use... Flickable fun and puts a very big smile on your face. 

🏍️💨😅😁💯📸👌

IMG_20200402_180056__01-01.jpeg

IMG_20200508_112106-03.jpeg

Thats a sweet looking bike. Im probably gonna end up with wheels for offroad and wheels for road only. I'll have the ability to switch em out whenever I want. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cruizin said:

Thats a sweet looking bike. Im probably gonna end up with wheels for offroad and wheels for road only. I'll have the ability to switch em out whenever I want. 

Thank you, I appreciate the compliments on the bike... Managed to pull the T700Sm only due to people on this forum and the help of the biker community... @Rich TTis the main man to blame as he started the thread...😅😅

@AndyJ is next in line with some nice cast wheels...

Would be good to have two SM setups on the forum and more to follow after we have ironed out all the small wrinkles for other to follow. 😋🏍️💨

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Thank you, I appreciate the compliments on the bike... Managed to pull the T700Sm only due to people on this forum and the help of the biker community... @Rich TTis the main man to blame as he started the thread...😅😅

@AndyJ is next in line with some nice cast wheels...

Would be good to have two SM setups on the forum and more to follow after we have ironed out all the small wrinkles for other to follow. 😋🏍️💨

You're the trail blazers guys!!

If Yamaha are watching, they may realise there's market SM potential here. I would if I was in charge!

I've just ridden home from work thrashing the T7 on the empty country roads and getting to the edge of the tyres again without feeling like I was anywhere near the limit. An honestly devastatingly fast bike on the small bumpy, twisty country roads. I've ridden plenty of bikes and it's as fast as anything I've ridden in those circumstances.

I can imagine the 17 17 set up takes it to a new level. It's got plenty of go and with 1500 miles on it, the engine is a cracker. You guys in the US are in for a treat...

Rich

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rich TT said:

You're the trail blazers guys!!

If Yamaha are watching, they may realise there's market SM potential here. I would if I was in charge!

I've just ridden home from work thrashing the T7 on the empty country roads and getting to the edge of the tyres again without feeling like I was anywhere near the limit. An honestly devastatingly fast bike on the small bumpy, twisty country roads. I've ridden plenty of bikes and it's as fast as anything I've ridden in those circumstances.

I can imagine the 17 17 set up takes it to a new level. It's got plenty of go and with 1500 miles on it, the engine is a cracker. You guys in the US are in for a treat...

Rich

You are right, it is one of the most enjoyable bikes to ride and the engine suspension combination from Yamaha is amazing.. 

SM setup is so much fun and flickable, can't wait for you try mine and see how you like it.. 🤔😜😅

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

You are right, it is one of the most enjoyable bikes to ride and the engine suspension combination from Yamaha is amazing.. 

SM setup is so much fun and flickable, can't wait for you try mine and see how you like it.. 🤔😜😅

Do you trust me?🤪

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rich TT said:

Do you trust me?🤪

I will have to.. Lol.. 😅😅

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Colddog said:

Picking up the new steed tomorrow! 

Oxford sport heated grips

El cheapo Heavy duty hand guards, (Chinese Balkbusters), Lol!

Outback Motortek skid plate, silver

Outback Motortek lower crash bars, silver

Yammie chain guide

Soft luggage on the way, Joe rocket Reactor.

Coming up with plan for building my own rear rack with removeable side supports for both soft bags and for existing hard bags.

Be interested in seeing the rear rack you come up.  Cheers

On order now:

1. Dominator full exhaust

2. R&G Tail tidy

3. SW-Motech Center Stand

4. Dash screen protector 

Planned:

1. Camel ADV "Gut Guard" (only bash guard I've seen that protects rear suspension linkage)

2. Camel ADV Dash Anti-vibration support

3. LED turn signals (planning to try Super Tenere factory signals)

4. Performance Tune

5. Heated grips (Oxford or Bikemaster)

6. Custom made crash protection and soft bag racks (I fabricate stuff and the aftermarket stuff looks too bulky)

7. Aux LED lights-TBD, but most likely something custom. 

8. Motoz Rallz tires

9. Side wind deflectors (can't find a US distributor selling them yet)

10. Some form of real handgaurds

11. Foam, reusable air filter

12. Anything required to remove all emissions equipment

I like to modify everything and my goal is to remove any unnecessary weight. Reliability and ease of serviceability is a big focus too.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2020 at 7:53 AM, close range said:

@andreutopfun could you give us a bit of a review of the Andreani fork cartridges?

Standard Andreani cartridges are 200 mm but in collaboration with Andreani Spain we have modified them to 220 mm (initially we wanted 230mm but was technically imposible). That was a big step ahead, much smoother begin and very progressive at the end. After 2000 km I would say the best upgrades are by order:

1. Rapid Bike Evo ECU

2. Andreani front Fork

3. Ohlins Rear shock

4. Akrapovic full exhaust

5. UniFliter air filter

• Like 2