Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

"The Fix" T7 Rear Brake Pedal

Camel ADV

• Supporting Vendor
9 hours ago, DuncMan said:

@Camel ADV Cory, one thing I'm curious about. I notice "The Fix" is Pat Pending. What part have you patented? 

We announced the product months ago, I was expecting this question the first day!

The method of correcting the leverage is what is patented. Patents don’t have to be based on things; processes/methods can be patentable as well. We weren’t sure the pedal would qualify but calls to a few patent agents and a pile of other research and the answer was yes, the pedal qualifies. As with any patent application, the final decision lies with the Patent Examiner.

"Patentable subject matter, also known as patent eligibility, refers to an invention that meets the standards set forth by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) to receive patent protection. Statutory law, per §35 U.S.C. 101, defines patentable subject matter in the following way:

Whoever invents or discovers any new and useful process, machine, manufacture, or composition of matter, or any new and useful improvement thereof may obtain a patent therefor, subject to the conditions and requirements of this title.”

• Like 5

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

Brake pedal installed and tested. Much improved. I generally ride with the ABS on and with the "Fix" I was able to stab at the rear brake and get momentary lock ups on slippery gravel. Helps to steer with the rear.

Even the small enduro tip was OK. I am not sure if I am going to fabricate a larger tip. See how things go.

• Like 3

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Rider 101 said:

Brake pedal installed and tested. Much improved. I generally ride with the ABS on and with the "Fix" I was able to stab at the rear brake and get momentary lock ups on slippery gravel. Helps to steer with the rear.

Even the small enduro tip was OK. I am not sure if I am going to fabricate a larger tip. See how things go.

I'm in the same camp. When I received my pedal with the smaller tip, I figured I was going to have to search for it and probably go larger, but my size 12 hits in everytime.  Cory and crew figured it out perfectly where to place it and it's exactly where it needs to be.

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

5 hours ago, AZJW said:

I'm in the same camp. When I received my pedal with the smaller tip, I figured I was going to have to search for it and probably go larger, but my size 12 hits in everytime.  Cory and crew figured it out perfectly where to place it and it's exactly where it needs to be.

I agree. I wondered if I would miss or hit and it didn’t take long to have confidence that I would hit the brake every time. Now I don’t even think about it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor

I know a few of you are waiting for a drop bracket for use with your lowered pegs. I haven't forgotten about you. We drew up a simple drop plate and got a bunch cut. They work but I hate them and I simply can't release them into the wild. I've got a few other ideas brewing. Thanks for your patience.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2023 at 2:47 AM, Camel ADV said:

I know a few of you are waiting for a drop bracket for use with your lowered pegs. I haven't forgotten about you. We drew up a simple drop plate and got a bunch cut. They work but I hate them and I simply can't release them into the wild. I've got a few other ideas brewing. Thanks for your patience.

Hah I've thought of making a bracket as it stands as the stock pedal is pretty limited too, but couldn't figure out a way that wouldn't look janky.  

Honestly I'd think ideally you'd want a different arm, but from your perspective that's probably too much of an investment for a likely small market.

Excited to see how you do it!

For me, the elegant solution would be to incorporate the drop into a new tip.

I agree a new lever would be a great solution but not cost effective for CamelADV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hollybrook said:

For me, the elegant solution would be to incorporate the drop into a new tip.

I agree a new lever would be a great solution but not cost effective for CamelADV.

Maybe like those dual position AltRider tips?  

https://fortnine.ca/en/altrider-dualcontrol-brake-system?utm_id=1768300489

With lowered footpegs you most likely need to modify the Fix pedal. I lowered mine 30mm to match the -30mm Bosley pegs.

-30mm Pedal.jpg

Edited by Hollybrook
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

If you have Acerbis frame protectors you probably need to trim the clip next to the brake pedal to avoid interference. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor
On 2/15/2023 at 4:06 PM, mpatch said:

Any eta on the drop bracket for those of us with lowered pegs?

No ETA at the moment. It won't be a dropdown bracket ...we have a box of them... they look like garbage so it'll be a new tip.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Cory,

How’s the lowered peg project coming along?

• Like 2

Eagerly waiting here.  I want one so damn bad.

• 1 month later...

Do I insert spring into hole or on tab?

IMG_20230506_212537.jpg

IMG_20230506_212516.jpg

37 minutes ago, kainic said:

Do I insert spring into hole or on tab?

IMG_20230506_212537.jpg

IMG_20230506_212516.jpg

@kainic corner of the tab. ( not the hole. ) I just watched the video again to confirm . Keep pressure on the coils of the spring to keep it laying flat as you screw it in

Edited by NeilW
  • Like 1

LOL I bet many of us tried to put the spring in that hole, it just looks like it was made for it! But no, it will not fit in place anyway if you try that.

• Like 1

This may be a simple fix with a drill, but is there a hole for a brake snake? I have plenty of furrules and stainless cable, but I don't see a hole for the cable. Does everyone just run the cable between the two screws? Is the tip soft enough to just drill a quick hole for the cable?

Lol, I just put my “fix” on yesterday, yup, I couldn’t get it to fit with the spring in the hole. Had to watch the video again.

• Supporting Vendor

Hey guys,

Yes, the spring leg goes in the notch, not in the hole. The hole is a carryover from the OEM design.; we've deleted it on the last few runs.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Got the "fix" in the mall this morning and install it this evening...like we said in french here : osti de tabarnak sa brake!!!

It really make a big  difference, brake feel like the one on the super tenere now.

• Like 4

• Supporting Vendor
On 5/31/2023 at 6:43 PM, FrenchT700 said:

Got the "fix" in the mall this morning and install it this evening...like we said in french here : osti de tabarnak sa brake!!!

It really make a big  difference, brake feel like the one on the super tenere now.

Great to hear!

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
On 6/8/2023 at 1:23 PM, DT700 said:

If there’s one mod to make on the tenere it’s “the fix”. Well done!@Camel ADV

I'm glad to hear you're happy with it!

• Like 1

Finished installing the brake "fix".  However, the rear brake still feels spongy. What am I missing?