Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Lyndon Poskitt Dakar thread!

Aleksandar13

So I went to the race website this morning to see if the race had started and it had. I didn't see any videos but read a short article about what happened on the first days racing. This got me thinking, would I rather just read a short report or wait a few days for Lyndon's video to come out, and what would others prefer to do. Thus, I know what happened in the first stage now but will wait for the video to decide what's better, till then, if you want to know what happened now.....

Spoiler alert for stage one below! WARNING!!!

So they are now in Africa and completed day one where Lyndon came second, and a Yamaha came first, ridden by Italian Alessandro Botturi. Or is this a spoiler, should I keep quiet on results so we can follow when the video's come out? I will put spoiler alert above this message!

Edited by shaneygrog
  • Like 3

Would be nice to see how things develop for him and the team... I'm hoping he wins this one..

Last time I've followed the male motto I believe he came second and that is amazing considering how hard it is in the class. 

Now with mechanic he could win this thing... 🎉😊👍

• Like 1
19 hours ago, shaneygrog said:

And the race has begun.........

Was a short stage... I'm amazed at how many km they have had to cover in the first day.. 745km.. Proper hard-core 😎

• Like 1

Lyndon is up front and running well... Top man lets hope he brings the win home. 🙂

• Like 1

I have enjoyed Lyndon's youtube channel for sometime.  Back in Africa - love the Dakar races.

cheers

-Bob

• Like 2

It's hard to appreciate how hard it must be to ride a race like this but it sure does look like a whole lot of fun. And they get a rest day by the ocean, I bet a dip in the water is in order, assuming it's warm enough in the afternoon?

6 hours ago, shaneygrog said:

It's hard to appreciate how hard it must be to ride a race like this but it sure does look like a whole lot of fun. And they get a rest day by the ocean, I bet a dip in the water is in order, assuming it's warm enough in the afternoon?

Must be very hard to manage 500 600 km days off road... Focus all the time and to be able to be competitive at that level is amazing. 

I'm not sure about swimming as they are wrapped up in multiple layers every day... Seems to be cold... Nice to see Lyndon winning his first stage. 

• Like 1

The segment he talked about how he uses the navigation system was great.  I hope he does further segments as I found it most interesting.  The amount of data he is consuming so quickly while avoiding objects going full out is remarkable.  He still has time for a wheelie for the helicopter.  Great riding by the whole team.

cheers

-Bob

• Like 2

It was the first thing I wanted to see this morning, but my internet is very slow and I don't want to watch it in real low resolution, not with all that desert scenery. I will try again soon! This race has been fantastic to follow through these videos.

• 2 weeks later...

Today is a new month and I get my internet back! Just watched the last few episodes, up to episode 16 so one day to go in the race but no video of it yet? Lets hope Joe's ok to ride and the video is up for us soon?