Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha 500 Engine Give Away

Kedo Parts USA

If I am going to offer this to the other half of my customers, It isn't ethical to not offer it to you all. 

The 500 engine was the engine that started the Tenere, the very first Dakar race was won with one and now we have the 700!

***If you win, I would be just as happy if you turned it into a cutaway, or sold it for some cash. If you spend over $100 you'll get 3 entries. 

This motor should go for $600-$800

Part 2: Engine Disassembly Part 1  As the video says this motor will be a give away to you, the 500 community. Along the way I have been very fortunate to receive gifts from motorcyclists like you. Engulfing myself in...

SR500 Engine Give Away, Part 1 Disassembly

Along the way I have been very fortunate to receive gifts from motorcyclists like you. Engulfing myself in the motorcycle community has been one of the best things I have ever done. Our community has been very gracious to help me through out the years, provide me with info and be very patient while teaching me new skillsets. Now that I have the opportunity to give back, I am excited to do so. So I will be giving away this engine build in the first week of January 2023.

If you would like to enter to win the engine please subscribe to our KEDO Parts USA email at the bottom of this page for 1 entry, or any purchase over $100 will give you 3 entries...$200 = 6 entries....$300 = 9 entries and so one, there is no limit to your amount of entries.   

Thank you all, 

Chad Goings

The first part of any moto build is the engine. I got this motor from a friend so I didn’t do too much inspection, I doubt he did either based off the initial inspection. If you are going to purchase a project, make sure you do basic inspections, any cracks in the engine, if the motor turns over, how easily it turns over, if it shifts through the gears or if the shifter splines are stripped…

A good indication of the quality of a Yamaha XT500, TT500 and or SR500 engine is how much ware/oil is on the engine itself. Some people will try to hide this by washing or cleaning the old oil, unless they are a true scammer, you should be able to see brush marks behind bolts, or odd oil spots that shouldn’t be there. Make sure all the cooling fins are in place, also a good indication of the engine health is the engine oil itself. A lot of you have seen in recent cases of metal fragments in the oil pan. Always take off the engine oil plug, to inspect the oil. ( I am much more of a fan of copper washers as they can be reheat-treated) One should check the oil screen as well for any large foreign particles......

Part 2: Engine Disassembly Part 1  As the video says this motor will be a give away to you, the 500 community. Along the way I have been very fortunate to receive gifts from motorcyclists like you. Engulfing myself in...

Edited by Kedo Parts USA

Also I am back dating the entries to anyone that made a purchase since August. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 11/11/2022 at 7:03 AM, Kedo Parts USA said:

Along the way I have been very fortunate to receive gifts from motorcyclists like you. Engulfing myself in the motorcycle community has been one of the best things I have ever done. Our community has been very gracious to help me through out the years, provide me with info and be very patient while teaching me new skillsets. Now that I have the opportunity to give back, I am excited to do so. So I will be giving away this engine build as personalized gift in the first week of January 2023.

If you would like to enter to win the engine please subscribe to our KEDO Parts USA email at the bottom of this page for 1 entry, or any purchase over $100 will give you 3 entries...$200 = 6 entries....$300 = 9 entries and so one, there is no limit to your amount of entries. 

That is really nice of you

Edited by nax_gt