Jump to content
Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
H20ham

Crash bar (s), upper/lower or one piece. and rear

Recommended Posts

H20ham

I suppose with a two part front. You can just replace a part. Vs the entire unit

 

Like the stainless "Touratech" and probably its strength (how do you straighten stainless over the road). Where as the steel you could probably move it enough to a-fix a repair. "

YAMAHA_Tenere_700_BUNKER_0.jpg

Crash bars Bunker style for Yamaha  TENERE 700.

no affiliation 

 

Seems the SW-MOTECH gets some good reviews

Same for Hepco & Becker

maybe the AS3 PERFORMANCE CRASH BARS GUARDS

 

Guess its what ya spend your money on that you like.

 

As far as rear crash bars, is this the only offering?

YAMAHA_Tenere_700_REAR_0.jpg

Rear crash bars for Yamaha TENERE 700.

again, nope on commercial or any affiliation with anyone or anything. except my family.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Totti

Check also Outback Motortek's crash bars: 

Africa-Twin-Drop-Tested-Crash-Bars-Outba

Adventure and dual-sport motorcycle skid plates, crash bars, luggage by Outback Motortek for BMW F800GS, Suzuki Vstrom 650, KLR 650 and Honda Africa Twin 1000

 

I will be ordering their lower crash bars, when they get their rear rack and other suff ready.

I think the rear crash bars are unnecessary and just extra weight.

  • Like 1

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lupan

What do you think, abaut these ones?

I think it´s not easy crash the upper zone of the bike...

So i belive i´m going to buy this ones for 119 €...

 

kn2145-kappa-moto-paramotore-tubolare-nero-yamaha-tenere_-700.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TimmyTheHog
7 hours ago, Totti said:

Check also Outback Motortek's crash bars: 

Africa-Twin-Drop-Tested-Crash-Bars-Outba

Adventure and dual-sport motorcycle skid plates, crash bars, luggage by Outback Motortek for BMW F800GS, Suzuki Vstrom 650, KLR 650 and Honda Africa Twin 1000

 

I will be ordering their lower crash bars, when they get their rear rack and other suff ready.

I think the rear crash bars are unnecessary and just extra weight.

I have READ there are some people are bending the exhaust inward and scrapping the swing arm after they dropped their bike exhaust side. 

I do not know how well those "rear crash bar" helps, but I might end up getting a side case carrier to double up as a exhaust "crash bar" as well.

Outback seems quite sturdy. Unfortunately it comes with weight...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WalterT
51 minutes ago, TimmyTheHog said:

I have READ there are some people are bending the exhaust inward and scrapping the swing arm after they dropped their bike exhaust side. 

I do not know how well those "rear crash bar" helps, but I might end up getting a side case carrier to double up as a exhaust "crash bar" as well.

Outback seems quite sturdy. Unfortunately it comes with weight...

Any chance of recalling where you read this? I'm mighty curious on what type of crash would cause that amount of damage. If it's just a tip-over might be worthwhile. If it's a freak accident.... Can't prevent everything!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TimmyTheHog
4 minutes ago, WalterT said:

Any chance of recalling where you read this? I'm mighty curious on what type of crash would cause that amount of damage. If it's just a tip-over might be worthwhile. If it's a freak accident.... Can't prevent everything!

Thread from facebook page : Yamaha T7 Tenere 700 World Raid - Global Group

 

image.png.6489b59f0f8238d8d329b5a7bd850fd3.pngimage.png.a72e09e178f924907cc0e5b511bc3cc9.png


From reading the tread, it seems the bracket is quite flexible.

 

I am not here to stir the pot, but curious about this for sure...and try to prevent it if possible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WalterT

Thanks, very interesting. I may put my bike on its side in Sunday to have a look. Hopefully the pannier rack also provides some protection.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vilageidgit62

Heed rear crash bars with either the SW Motech or Givi rear racks could be used for top n bottom attachment points for small soft bags or small Pelican or Nanuk hard cases

1. don't have to buy expensive racks for small bags or cases

2. the soft or hard small cases might stick out enough to protect the exhaust

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
H20ham

tlumik-owalny-50-cm-ze-stali-nierdzewnej

 

on page 6

seems to me, for highway use. The oem fart can is fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
H20ham

Ied also say. The front crash bars. Which interfere with ones knees and shins. Are a no go.

 

the debate over two (2) piece, and one (1) piece seems to still be a question please

 

i am 1.84m. Or 6ft And accustom to Trials Inspired and Trials ridding. 

needles to say, I will opt for the low seat, if and when the bike arrives

come on Yamaha, i know we just got 8’ of snow the last week. But

come on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
H20ham
19 hours ago, Totti said:

Check also Outback Motortek's crash bars: 

Africa-Twin-Drop-Tested-Crash-Bars-Outba

Adventure and dual-sport motorcycle skid plates, crash bars, luggage by Outback Motortek for BMW F800GS, Suzuki Vstrom 650, KLR 650 and Honda Africa Twin 1000

 

I will be ordering their lower crash bars, when they get their rear rack and other suff ready.

I think the rear crash bars are unnecessary and just extra weight.

What is your height. Do you suspect the knee shin will be in contact with the lower bars?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Colddog
2 hours ago, H20ham said:

tlumik-owalny-50-cm-ze-stali-nierdzewnej

 

on page 6

seems to me, for highway use. The oem fart can is fine.

tell us more about the high pipe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Totti
3 hours ago, H20ham said:

What is your height. Do you suspect the knee shin will be in contact with the lower bars?

I'm 183 cm, don't know my inseam. Don't think that they contact  my knee shin. But I'll post pictures when I have them. Might take a month of two...


"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
H20ham

Colddog. Pg 6 of the link, shows who posted it. Doesn’t say if its them, their bike. I suspect not.

I am sure this is the main change I will be making, in time. Outside of lots of scuffs, dings, dints, tyre changes. Probably handle bars the first time it falls...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
H20ham

I have a 08 Aprilia SVX 550. It has twin high pipes. Love the look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
slawmir
11 hours ago, Colddog said:

tell us more about the high pipe

I didn't drop my bike yet, but I've heard from  mates from my  national  Africa Twin forum who own T7 that the exhaust bracket bends inward in case of heavy fall. Then the exhaust touch to the swing arm. 

https://huzarexhaust.eu/127-yamaha-tenere-700-tlumik-gora

They produce the high pipe. If you look at  pics, you can see  scratched swing arm. 

Edited by slawmir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
H20ham

$200 Canadian is a good deal it seems. 

Shipping from Poland is not. DHL will want $500

Anyone want to share a shipment, I would take one.

Seems like their rear crash bars might be worth it too?

 

cheers

 

11078C5D-FBA2-46CD-997A-48AE17D1F33C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleksandar13
38 minutes ago, H20ham said:

$200 Canadian is a good deal it seems. 

Shipping from Poland is not. DHL will want $500

Anyone want to share a shipment, I would take one.

Seems like their rear crash bars might be worth it too?

 

cheers

 

11078C5D-FBA2-46CD-997A-48AE17D1F33C.jpeg

I don't ride off road but understand this setup might be a better option than a side exhaust but my good this thing is ugly 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
slawmir
45 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

I don't ride off road but understand this setup might be a better option than a side exhaust but my good this thing is ugly 😂

I agree.🥴

Sometimes ugly things are more usable.

They have choice of exhausts.

https://huzarexhaust.eu/128-yamaha-tenere-700-tlumik-klasycznie

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
H20ham

Not only do they have options. If I dont just build an exhaust. Someone else will develop different ones. I am quite sure the comment about the exhaust hitting the swing is accurate, after a fall.

Not to mention, side carriers.

Wonder why Yamaha though the very outside was the best location. Suppose its the sound, and fitting restrictions for cities around the world

 

any comments on knees shins hitting front side crash bars?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ahamay

Hmmm...that is kind of odd looking. But...

 

Perfect functionality is beautiful. And if this a better functioning exhaust, I could get used to it.

 

Is anything on the bike getting too hot with muffler right there? Can I keep luggage away from it? This looks promising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.