Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

To all with tail tidy mods.

Tomaszch

It was a DIY job

I just cut come cardboard for the hole pattern under the mudguard, then 4 rubber spacers/washers to make it it flush underneath.

i had a little led light i got from my ktm bike and fitted that.

then just bent the plate down until i was happy with the angle

Only issue i have is its probably 2 strong may need weaken it in case of a fall

D2130C9B-4F63-4036-AE18-23918D86720F.jpeg.b013d03a5a3462f0e852aec10d1971cd.jpeg

Edited by john_aero

this is the tail Yam should fitted from new,

way too dear for me but looks like a lovely piece of kit

_data_prod_img_porta_targa_yamaha_tenere

Lightweight Carbon plate holder with Kevlar reinforcements and detachable arrow supports. The long rear plastic bothered us, the result is fantastic! Made of carbon with a matte black finish, it

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/17/2022 at 6:00 PM, Tomaszch said:

Yea, @Ray Ride4life, that's pretty simple. You use something, you get to know it, then you can change it, tweak it, whatever you name it. 

So, I promissed some pictures, so there you have it. Before somebody will tell me, there's a hole at the top, I know there is a hole. I left it there on purpouse. 

IMG_4427.jpg

IMG_4426.jpg

IMG_4425.jpg

IMG_4423.jpg

Is that hole left by the camel adv tail tidy?

I have the J-tech (camel adv) tail tidy and when i took the tail off I absolutely soaked the rest of the frame with XCP clear coat. Also found out there are 2 large gaps around the brake light so stuffed it with bubble wrap. Holding nicely with no ingress. 
looks the part though. 

No, I left the gap there on purpouse. The purpouse is, so that any debris that gets there, is easier to wash out without the need to dissasembly the whole cover. Mud and junk got there being pushed in by the wheel. I thought, the best idea was to reduce that effect without trying to make it super-sealed, thus making it easier to dry off and/or wash. 

I made a flap out of an old inner tube to cover those gaps and sealed the center hole of the tail tidy with aluminum tape.  It's too early to tell if this will be a good solution, but I am optimistic.