Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Front mudguard

Motoadventure

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

People who ride street only dont understand why dirtbikes have a high fender. People who ride dirt and trails dont want a branch or rock to get lodged between the tire and the low fender, sending them flying over the handlebars. 

I think you'll find some do understand 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Goodridge hoses made, brackets done awaiting a shakedown run before fixing the new mudguard. All looks like it could possibly work.  What could possibly go wrong with home made break hoses? 👍🏼😁😬

A5D1BE87-3F17-461A-80A4-F0E181971320.jpeg

291330C4-7322-44CF-B887-D48651571089.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Working away all week so two days to the test ride. 😁🏍🏍🏍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Motoadventure said:

Could you take a pic of how you've connected the hoses to the metal brake line fitting at the top of the rad under the headstock Mick please?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Motoadventure said:

def keeps us updated!

Side note, over at KTM ADVrider thread, so MANY people are switch back to low mud guard...lol...guess different people, different theory...

1 hour ago, Rich TT said:

Could you take a pic of how you've connected the hoses to the metal brake line fitting at the top of the rad under the headstock Mick please?

Will do back home and send some Saturday. I was going to sketch everything and dimensions for brackets and hose lengths but need to give it all a test first . Cheers Mick 

• Like 1

Hi going out on it to test the break hose routing on some off road trails in Derbyshire. You out riding this weekend? 

Mick 

12 hours ago, TimmyTheHog said:

def keeps us updated!

Side note, over at KTM ADVrider thread, so MANY people are switch back to low mud guard...lol...guess different people, different theory...

Had a high fender in my 990 Adventure. It raised the engine temperature, threw significantly more mud to the engine and finally got a stone to the radiator and broke it. And yes, I did have a radiator protector. Sorry the OT.

• Like 1

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

59 minutes ago, Totti said:

Had a high fender in my 990 Adventure. It raised the engine temperature, threw significantly more mud to the engine and finally got a stone to the radiator and broke it. And yes, I did have a radiator protector. Sorry the OT.

A bit of bad luck Totti. I have been riding dirt bikes for 40 years and adventure bikes since they came out, I have been lucky enough to have never had a radiator guard or a damaged radiator. Been stuck in the Pyrenees with hard packed mud in the front wheel, removed the mudguard every few hundred meters then removed it out of desperation as my front wheel kept locking. This then damaged the break hose loop 1700 km from home . I decided to  adapt the mudguard after this.  I think we all modify our bikes for different purposes but perhaps I should  get a radiator guard at some point. 

Thanks for the Advice Mick    

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Motoadventure said:

Hi going out on it to test the break hose routing on some off road trails in Derbyshire. You out riding this weekend? 

Mick 

Would have loved to mate but got family stuff this weekend. Did a big 120 mile loop in Derbyshire on the KTM recently but I've still got the standard tyres on the T7 and they'll be hopeless this weather. I'll be changing them soon.

• Like 1

derbyshire is not just around the corner, otherwise i would have loved to ride in your company.  maybe another time...?

my old acerbis front mud guard had to go in favour of a wr 450 style one. 

i am not yet happy with its position, might bring it down an inch or so at the front tip. 

as i use the ténéré as my daily driver at the moment (during heavy rain) i must say it does not protect as good against the spray as the less sleek acerbis guard.  but then again the quasi non existent rear gard doesnˋt make the situation any better.  but i like the looks, so i suffer...

deleted the original indicators and hid the front ones inside the front screen. the rear ones will have to move to a more secure place as they stick out a bit too far for my liking. 

unfortunately the sc project titanium no-cat headers are late, otherwise i would have been able to post a pic together with the matching end can in a high position. 

need to be more patient...

cheers,

wolf

7FB34A25-5F47-42F5-A014-CF6DCAAD3423.jpeg

C731A599-4B14-4EA5-A701-224985F92936.jpeg

20C62B68-C143-409B-BD2E-D1AC3886A574.jpeg

Edited by tonyubsdell
  • Like 2

On 1/31/2020 at 4:49 PM, tonyubsdell said:

derbyshire is not just around the corner, otherwise i would have loved to ride in your company.  maybe another time...?

my old acerbis front mud guard had to go in favour of a wr 450 style one. 

i am not yet happy with its position, might bring it down an inch or so at the front tip. 

as i use the ténéré as my daily driver at the moment (during heavy rain) i must say it does not protect as good against the spray as the less sleek acerbis guard.  but then again the quasi non existent rear gard doesnˋt make the situation any better.  but i like the looks, so i suffer...

deleted the original indicators and hid the front ones inside the front screen. the rear ones will have to move to a more secure place as they stick out a bit too far for my liking. 

unfortunately the sc project titanium no-cat headers are late, otherwise i would have been able to post a pic together with the matching end can in a high position. 

need to be more patient...

cheers,

wolf

7FB34A25-5F47-42F5-A014-CF6DCAAD3423.jpeg

C731A599-4B14-4EA5-A701-224985F92936.jpeg

20C62B68-C143-409B-BD2E-D1AC3886A574.jpeg

Hi wolf yes riding together with a few people from the forum would be a great idea for the future. I get over on the bike two or 3 times a year to France Belgium Spain and Assen last year. Just a few mods to the front mudguard I n the S to change a hose on the left from 850mm to 900mm as it is a little tight on full lock. Then I think it will be OK. I will post a few pictures when sorted. Cheers Mick 

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2020 at 11:11 PM, Motoadventure said:

Hi wolf yes riding together with a few people from the forum would be a great idea for the future. I get over on the bike two or 3 times a year to France Belgium Spain and Assen last year. Just a few mods to the front mudguard I n the S to change a hose on the left from 850mm to 900mm as it is a little tight on full lock. Then I think it will be OK. I will post a few pictures when sorted. Cheers Mick 

Hi guys, 

Any more pictures on how the brake setup works... 

I'm currently sourcing other parts for a supermoto conversion and thinking if I should make a bracket for the brake lines as they are or change the setup. 

High fender looks good, is it a wr450 fender? 

Aleks 

hi aleksandar,

i suppose the front mud guard comes from a wr 450, bought it second hand. 

i have changed it again to the whitish one i had previously as the blue fender allowed too much spray coming up to my face. 

the single  brake line comes up to the master cylinder like on the old school enduro bikes: 

it is connected via a bracket next to the brake cylinder at the bottom, then runs free all the way up to the master cylinder.  the brake line is only guided via o-shaped plastic rings along the upper fork parts. 

good luck with your super moto conversion. 

cheers,

Wolfram

Edited by tonyubsdell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1