Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

High Exhaust, is it ok? anyone try one yet? Ever hear of Huzar exhausts?

Tazmool

So is it possible to use it with cyclops light without melting them and if what’s optimal length for the muffler 40 or 50?

I posted this on FB Tenere page.  This was my solution after tipping my bike over in garage and bending the exhaust bracket.  The mid pipe and muffler is about 3lbs maybe 4lbs at best.   Still debating on the short muffler.  I am running a DB killer between the mid pipe and muffler and I also made a spark arrestor with some old spark arrestor screen I had from past bike.  Sounds great, no popping and save a lot of weight.  Oh no welding either

IMG_20210424_114404176.jpg

IMG_20210424_142018443.jpg

Edited by PFK13
  • Like 5

I have the huzar and had commented a while ago on this thread that

there was no problem with cooking my smaller aftermarket indicaters.

I was wrong... after 1000km there is some melting going on, sorry for misinformation, I should have waited  more than a couple hundred km's before commenting.   see pics and my remedy to the problem.

IMG_2676.JPG

IMG_2677.JPG

IMG_2771.JPG

IMG_2772.JPG

IMG_2773.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Stener said:

I have the huzar and had commented a while ago on this thread that

there was no problem with cooking my smaller aftermarket indicaters.

I was wrong... after 1000km there is some melting going on, sorry for misinformation, I should have waited  more than a couple hundred km's before commenting.   see pics and my remedy to the problem.

IMG_2676.JPG

IMG_2677.JPG

IMG_2771.JPG

IMG_2772.JPG

IMG_2773.JPG

Another correction. my friend the fabricating,welding  guru did this for me along with  the pannier racks.

1 hour ago, Stener said:

see pics and my remedy to the problem.

Great job, that's a clever solution. For me personally the aesthetics aren't ideal, but functionally it's a great idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Emailed HP corse, I wonder how much it will cost. BTW is there a difference in performance between 40 an 50 MM Huzar exhaust and if it voids the dealer warranty? 

9 hours ago, Baramon said:

Emailed HP corse, I wonder how much it will cost. BTW is there a difference in performance between 40 an 50 MM Huzar exhaust and if it voids the dealer warranty? 

I don't think exhausts voids warranties unless it's like something directly tied to an engine issue.

Anyways, I emailed them too but so far haven't heard much. If I'm being honest, I really wish this company had their exhausts in production already. By far the coolest high-mount exhaust I've seen this year.

17 hours ago, Baramon said:

Doubt there is any performance difference.  The 40cm can might have a slightly higher note than the 50cm one.

You could email them at biuro@huzarexhaust.eu

J

3 hours ago, Goldentaco said:

Doubt there is any performance difference.  The 40cm can might have a slightly higher note than the 50cm one.

You could email them at biuro@huzarexhaust.eu

Just got reply and now my dealer is telling me some nonsense about only Yamaha approved exhausts to keep it under a warranty.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Baramon said:

Just got reply and now my dealer is telling me some nonsense about only Yamaha approved exhausts to keep it under a warranty.

Your dealer sounds like he's smoking something lol. Everyone and their sister gets slip on exhausts here in the states. I mean, that wouldnt void a US warranty.

Edited by loneranger700

Just arrived today and installed , fit perfect, very fast shipping , considering that comes from Poland. about 10 days seem very good quality. will see later. so far i amvery happy

IMG_8735.jpg

IMG_8724.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 1:46 AM, Baramon said:

SO this is an easy problem to fix.  Run whatever exhaust you want and if you are worried about them bitching about it, put your stock exhaust back on when you take it in for service.

J

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Goldentaco said:

SO this is an easy problem to fix.  Run whatever exhaust you want and if you are worried about them bitching about it, put your stock exhaust back on when you take it in for service.

J

yep doing that probably.  Since I got Camel ADV I wonder would it melt the turn signals?

There's a law in the states, the manufacturer has to prove your modification caused the problem.  Someone help me  what's it called?  Also, the Camel exhaust cuts the mounting hanger...makes it tough to just throw the old one back on.  The mechanic engineering bathtub curve says if it don't break down early it'll be good til parts wear out. It's a Yamaha and life may be short, do what you want to the bike🤠

44 minutes ago, KTM2smoker said:

There's a law in the states, the manufacturer has to prove your modification caused the problem.  Someone help me  what's it called?  Also, the Camel exhaust cuts the mounting hanger...makes it tough to just throw the old one back on.  The mechanic engineering bathtub curve says if it don't break down early it'll be good til parts wear out. It's a Yamaha and life may be short, do what you want to the bike🤠

It's the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act in the states that protects the consumer, allowing you to perform your own maintenance and to use non-OEM parts. 

Edited by jdub53
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My no cut, no-weld $60 tenere 700 undertail exhaust solution was to buy two mid pipes and bolt them together. (For some reason I then blew $500 on a Leo Vince can...) Had to shim the inlet and shrink the outlet tho so I prb wouldn't buy these exact pipes again. Also not sure I've got clearance yet for full travel tbh. Work in progress but it's steampunk as fk! 😄

Sidenote: Remove your passenger pegs folks! I already broke my foot when one pushed it into the ground on a simple down. They're lethal. 

https://smile.amazon.com/Qiilu-Motorcycle-Connector-Stainless-2017-2018/dp/B07Z4T893P

20210626_204432.jpg

20210626_204755.jpg

Edited by panamade
  • Like 2

So how are you guys in the usa ordering the Huzar exhaust? 

There web page is in Polish?  I  can't figure out anything,  lol.

Thanks for sharing the Huzar email contact, I’ve been emailing through the website but not had any response. Hopefully hear back now. Cheers 

A 60 degree bend, a 30 degree bend and a "step pipe" and you´ve got a cheap solution. Ad a silencer of your liking.

exh_142249.thumb.jpg.fda5c07a5d83decf34ebc691b3132032.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/18/2021 at 10:05 PM, PFK13 said:

I posted this on FB Tenere page.  This was my solution after tipping my bike over in garage and bending the exhaust bracket.  The mid pipe and muffler is about 3lbs maybe 4lbs at best.   Still debating on the short muffler.  I am running a DB killer between the mid pipe and muffler and I also made a spark arrestor with some old spark arrestor screen I had from past bike.  Sounds great, no popping and save a lot of weight.  Oh no welding either

IMG_20210424_114404176.jpg

IMG_20210424_142018443.jpg

So how’d you do it? Where did you get the parts?

• 2 weeks later...

I tried searching but was trying to find out if the Outback mototrek pannier rack are compatible with the huzzar exhaust. I know they work with the camel tank and I would assume they would also work with the high exhaust but was hoping someone had tried this combo or knew of someone who had. I'm thinking of switching my RR racks for the Outback ones to run different luggage.

Mike

4 hours ago, MikeCMP said:

I tried searching but was trying to find out if the Outback mototrek pannier rack are compatible with the huzzar exhaust. I know they work with the camel tank and I would assume they would also work with the high exhaust but was hoping someone had tried this combo or knew of someone who had. I'm thinking of switching my RR racks for the Outback ones to run different luggage.

Mike

Here is a good video of the OUtback Motortrek pannier install.  It looks like the Huzar would clear it.  You might need to make a slight modification to one of the spacers.

The Huzar rear mount is a 4mm thick flat piece of aluminum.  It would sit under the supplied rear spacer of the OM rack on Right side.  Depending on how tight the mounting tolerances are on the rack, you may need to cut off 4mm of the rear spacer so things line up.

The Huzar mid pipe runs very close under the rear foot peg ( about 2-3mm clearance) and then runs behind the OEM exhaust can mount.  

J

6 minutes ago, Goldentaco said:

Here is a good video of the OUtback Motortrek pannier install.  It looks like the Huzar would clear it.  You might need to make a slight modification to one of the spacers.

The Huzar rear mount is a 4mm thick flat piece of aluminum.  It would sit under the supplied rear spacer of the OM rack on Right side.  Depending on how tight the mounting tolerances are on the rack, you may need to cut off 4mm of the rear spacer so things line up.

The Huzar mid pipe runs very close under the rear foot peg ( about 2-3mm clearance) and then runs behind the OEM exhaust can mount.  

J

Thanks that is a good video - I have the Huzzar tucked in behind my RR racks, only think that might interfere on the OM racks is the mounting bars, but I have a feeling it will be fine. 

I was thinking of running actuall panniers instead of the rackless setup. I like the Reckless 80 but miss the easy take off of panniers, and some other reasons.

Mike