Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

High Exhaust, is it ok? anyone try one yet? Ever hear of Huzar exhausts?

Tazmool

1 hour ago, Baggey22 said:

Can anyone who’s had this exhaust for a while comment on longevity and quality? Maybe @Dipstick or @Goldentaco or @Tazmool

@Baggey22,  I did not drive lots of km's yet but am satisfied with the quality and sound so far.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dipstick said:

@Baggey22,  I did not drive lots of km's yet but am satisfied with the quality and sound so far.

Happy with mine so far but not a lot of use yet.

IMG_20201106_161706330.jpg

IMG_20201106_161637707.jpg

• Thanks 1

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

• Premium Member

My riding season is over, and I have about 3000km on my bike (I know, not a lot, but life and other things needed to get done, and all that) 

I am very happy with the quality of the Dominator header, and Huzar high exit pipe.  Both have held up very well.

Sound is very subjective, and I always ride with my ear plugs in, so its good.  If I did anything, it would be to find a quieter muffler, but it would be to make it quieter for others, no so much myself.  

The header, only change I would make is to ask for the spring eye hooks to be welded on top of the header (engine side) instead of the outer side (ground side) this would be to allow for better clearance to an aftermarket skid-plate. 

Tazmool

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Baggey22 said:

Can anyone who’s had this exhaust for a while comment on longevity and quality? Maybe @Dipstick or @Goldentaco or @Tazmool

I've put about 3500 miles on mine.  I've not noticed any issues with anything related to finish or build quality.  The Silencer feels as solid as any I've handled and this is my first exhaust with slip connections.  I'm not sure if a typical slip fit with springs is supposed to be on the tight side but the Huzar kit slips in pretty easily and when mounted you can rock the bottom of the silencer inboard and outboard slightly.  Nothing vibrates around though and the sound has stayed the same.

Edit:  And I've done a lot of fast rough offroad probably close to 5-600 miles worth.  Had one tip over on the RHS but everything was protected by the ADVSpec side racks.

J

Edited by Goldentaco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just ordered a Huzar exhaust with the shorter pipe and silencer last week. Once it comes in, I will post photos to show the shorter set up. Has anyone tuned their bike with this set up? I wouldn’t think it would be necessary with a DB killer in. 

1 hour ago, Alec said:

I just ordered a Huzar exhaust with the shorter pipe and silencer last week. Once it comes in, I will post photos to show the shorter set up. Has anyone tuned their bike with this set up? I wouldn’t think it would be necessary with a DB killer in. 

I think @Tazmool did.

I got my high Huzar exhaust kit yesterday. It's looking good, the shipping cost me only 5 Euro. 

Thanks  for all the info you share here, it helped me to make my decision. 🙂

1605900366292.jpg

• Like 1

Super curious about this and the tail tidy. I was thinking of those rally raid racks myself. So awesome that the pipe tucks in behind them, you could still run their reinforcing plate.

Mike

On 11/1/2020 at 2:02 AM, PackinDirt said:

Just sent Huzar an email requesting the short pipe and short muffler in an attempt to clear the CamelADV tail tidy and LED turn signal.

I might consider fabricating a mount for the signals if the muffler outlet is close.  Could bolt a piece of flat stock to the top of the the tail tidy bracket just under the tail light.  Bend up the ends and put the signals above the exhaust outlet.  Might even be enough room for 3/4" square stock.

Riding season is almost done here in Vermont so it's time to shop!

DSCN4674.thumb.JPG.a51bb511dc51a7eb07a5742912cad0a7.JPG

Let us know how you get on with the Camel Tail Tidy and short Huzar combo! Will you be running the stock tail lights? I am thinking of going down the same route

I decided to abandon the Huzar exhaust and stick with the stock setup.  Biggest reason is that they did not return my contact request.  I'm not that surprised.

The goal was to have any side bags I put on go over the exhaust.  I went with DrySpec D20 saddle bags instead.  They clear the exhaust without a heat shield and there's plenty of room for everything I need to pack.  Enduristan makes a good set of bags too but they're double the money.

Edited by PackinDirt

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 3:09 PM, Alec said:

Did you get the short pipe and muffler installed? How does it look? 

I was thinking of getting this setup 

On 11/17/2020 at 3:09 PM, Alec said:

I just got my exhaust in this evening and am installing it tomorrow. Shipping took about five weeks. I should be able to post some photos in the next couple days. From just sizing it up, I’m happy I went with the smaller pipe and muffler. For the money, this is well worth it! Stay tuned for photos...

• Like 2

On 11/17/2020 at 5:15 AM, Simmons1 said:

Happy with mine so far but not a lot of use yet.

IMG_20201106_161706330.jpg

IMG_20201106_161637707.jpg

Any heat on your soft luggage. Or could you easily have bags on there for days without heat issues?

4 hours ago, JimmyTheHuman said:

Any heat on your soft luggage. Or could you easily have bags on there for days without heat issues?

Not any real heat. The Huzar muffler gets warm, but not too hot to touch with your hands. That said I haven't ridden it in real hot weather yet with bags on. I don't expect to have any heat issues. I'll post up if i do, but it will be next summer before I ride in any real heat.

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

I could not figure out how to get in touch with them to order one. Their contact us page seemed broken, it would not send an email for some reason.

14 hours ago, MikeCMP said:

I could not figure out how to get in touch with them to order one. Their contact us page seemed broken, it would not send an email for some reason.

I found the same thing.  I emailed directly to arrange shipping to the USA

email  biuro@huzarexhaust.eu

Or their contact info:

HUZAR Exhaust - Motocyklowe układy wydechowe
mobile: +48 693 322 013
E-mail: biuro@huzarexhaust.eu
http://huzarexhaust.eu/

J

8 hours ago, Goldentaco said:

I found the same thing.  I emailed directly to arrange shipping to the USA

email  biuro@huzarexhaust.eu

Or their contact info:

HUZAR Exhaust - Motocyklowe układy wydechowe
mobile: +48 693 322 013
E-mail: biuro@huzarexhaust.eu
http://huzarexhaust.eu/

J

Thanks,

For some reason when i tried their contact us or email off the site it was not a valid email address. Thanks for the info!

Hey Guys, sorry for the delay on posting some pictures of the shorter pipe and muffler set up. Just got it bolted on today after wrapping the pipe. Overall, for the price and peace of

mind knowing the exhaust is out of the way I would highly recommend this set up. As of right now I took it for a short ride and the rear turn signal didn’t appear to be suffering any issues from the exhaust heat. It is pretty much pointing right at it but I’m waiting for a  integrated tail light/fender eliminator kit to come out. Let me know if you have any questions! 

43F90356-6420-46BF-8B3C-805BDA95AD77.jpeg

90E57721-4680-4D71-AD77-A45A04395250.jpeg

• Like 2

I just ran across this photo of a T7 prototype. Exhaust looks similar to the  Huzar system. 

BDDD929E-BB53-419B-B4CD-D03079636A1F.jpeg

Edited by Richarddd
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Richarddd said:

I just ran across this photo of a T7 prototype. Exhaust looks similar to the  Huzar system. 

If you closely the cat has a higher sweep at the exit. The link pipe route perfect like it should have in the first place. Slip on is a bit large but that can be worked with. 

I haven’t seen this pic but I love the direction they’re taking if this makes it to production. Not sure of the age of the pic. Is it recent?

J

9 hours ago, Richarddd said:

Well now I'll be damned

10 hours ago, Richarddd said:

It’s probably only a mule-bike which was used. So I think this was in an early period for engine testing. 

4 hours ago, docjay said:

Bean counters always mess up the concept designs before production with cost saving alternatives.

I was in field service for a medical device mfg for years and I couldn’t believe the amount of influence MARKETING had over some product lines. Changes that created maint issues and removed unintentional benefits of engineering designs in order to improve aesthetics. 

Oh that and an engineering Dept run by a non engineer with an Accounting background. Money was saved in production lines only to be spent 5x over in the field when I had to re-pipe utility lines just so we could sign off on the equipment being installed correctly. 

As long as money is saved in key buckets, doesn’t matter what’s going on in other buckets. 

J

• Like 3
  • Haha 1