Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

MIVV high mount exhaust w/ tail tidy

Redneckj

I installed the MIVV high mount exhaust that I purchased from

Moto Machines.   I purchased this more for the purpose of moving the muffler away from swing arm than for more sound.   Fit and finish are excellent!!!  The fit with the Camel Tail Tidy and Cyclops signals are GREAT!!   Absolutely NO need to relocate the right turn signal.  The sound is good too.  Not too loud with a deep tone.  

CD7F8E0A-3F69-4D5F-89A4-E4350CE09236.jpeg

D9F9712C-AB5C-41A4-88C6-6F3312EB87F8.jpeg

15F471C1-B304-480D-BDD5-217F3CB5A6F7.jpeg

• Like 7

On 12/16/2022 at 7:14 PM, Redneckj said:

Moto Machines.   I purchased this more for the purpose of moving the muffler away from swing arm than for more sound.   Fit and finish are excellent!!!  The fit with the Camel Tail Tidy and Cyclops signals are GREAT!!   Absolutely NO need to relocate the right turn signal.  The sound is good too.  Not too loud with a deep tone.  

I'm considering this same setup and already have the Camel Tail Tidy. Thanks for the info and photos.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 8:14 PM, Redneckj said:

Looks good!  Is this the pipe you bought? MIVV Exhaust Slip-On Dakar Yamaha Tenere 700 2019- (motomachines.com)  What turn signals are those?

Edited by r1superstar

@RedneckjDo you think MIVV Dakar installed paired using the Camel tail tidy (like your set-up here) paired with factory turn signal lights will work? Do you think there is still enough safe room for the OEM turn signal not to get melted? Thank you.

Edited by Baksi
Correction

@Baksi I do think the factory turn signal would clear the MIVV exhaust, “if” you could mount them on the Camel ADV tail tidy.   I screen shot part of the  @Camel ADVinstallation video.  It appears that there is not a way to easily install the factory signals on the Camel Adv tail tidy.  

My question is: Why would you want to re-install the hideous factory turn signals anyways?  The Cyclops are crazy bright and double as extra brake lights too!!!

Not trying to judge, just putting in my 2 cents- If it matters 😂😂😜

60BC3996-35F6-451B-9C2D-1F81CDCF96A8.jpeg

• Like 1

@Redneckj Thanks for letting me know will look it up and by the photos you've shared it seems to have enough space. Apparently v2 of camel tail tidy is now made for factory turn signal lights, they just include a clip/bracket for after market LED's. I really don't know but I like the amber colour of the factory turn signal lights front and rear.

Take care and have a good one. 👊

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Redneckj said:

Cyclops turn signal kit.  Front and rear. 

Yes that is the MIVV kit that I purchased.

Thanks for the information.  I just purchased the MIVV in black.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 8:14 PM, Redneckj said:

Did you have any issues mounting the pipe bracket?  The hole on the mounting tab closest to the tailight is not drilled in the right spot.  I can't bolt it on the bike.  I'm going to have to call them and get a new bracket...

@r1superstar

i had zero issues bolting my pipe bracket to the pipe or to the undertail area.  I have the camel ADV tail tidy. It uses larger diameter screws than the factory rear license bracket thingy.  I drilled out the rear hole in the top bracket to fit the larger screw.  Super easy install.  

6 hours ago, Redneckj said:

@r1superstar

i had zero issues bolting my pipe bracket to the pipe or to the undertail area.  I have the camel ADV tail tidy. It uses larger diameter screws than the factory rear license bracket thingy.  I drilled out the rear hole in the top bracket to fit the larger screw.  Super easy install.  

Thanks for your reply.  I thought abought drilling the hole bigger, but I shouldn't have to since it's made wrong.  I don't want to weaken the mount by reducing the material on the mounting tab.

I didn't had to drill anything, just bolted on.

Edit:
First put all the bolts in and then tighten them.

Edited by Ray Ride4life

1 hour ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Edit:

I'm very mechanically inclined.  The bracket is messed up.  Thanks though.

10 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Edit:

20221225_155419.jpg

8 hours ago, r1superstar said:

20221225_155419.jpg

There is something different, this is my MIVV Dakar hanger (don't mind the dirt).
IMG_20221226_104003.jpg.d75cb0f768c2ca82d80b93a961395340.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Looks great. Cant wait for my MIVV exhaust to arrive! For the rear fairing protection, is that a specific adhesive material/grip tape you used? If so, does it seem like something thats manageable to remove? Looking for something like that for soft bag protection. Thanks for your time.

1 hour ago, Whiskers1 said:

Looks great. Cant wait for my MIVV exhaust to arrive! For the rear fairing protection, is that a specific adhesive material/grip tape you used? If so, does it seem like something thats manageable to remove? Looking for something like that for soft bag protection. Thanks for your time.

I am the PNW territory manager for XPEL.  I cover WA OR AK and HI.  The product  that you are seeing on my bike is the XPEL Armor.  XPEL is known world wide for window tint and paint protection film.  We have other products as well.  One of them being Armor.

It is CRAZY durable.  I describe it like a "Thin layer of bedliner material".  The Armor should  be cut out before it is installed using a good pair of scissors.  It is not as pliable as standard PPF.  It is made to be installed on flatter surfaces.  It is insane how tough it is.  I have 2000+miles of dusty/dirty miles with my Enduristan luggage on top of it and there is NO damage to the XPEL Armor.  

The XPEL Armor can be ordered from our website or you can purchase  it from your local XPEL dealer. FYI, we are world wide.  

XPEL Armor.jpg

• Like 2

Nice, I'm in the PNW as well and this is EXACTLY what I've been searching for the last couple weeks. Definitely ordering some now. Much appreciated for the knowledge and happy riding!

• 2 weeks later...

I got my Mivv high mount today and got it installed. As mentioned the fit and finish is very nice. 

I had to make some minor mods to get it to play nice with the Yosh tail tidy I'm running but it all came together.

Fired up the bike and revved it a bit. Sounds good. The Mivv has a bit more bark than I was looking for but it does bring a smile to my face and after a quick spin and getting on the gas under load I was happy to find it didn't get outrageously loud so it may work out.

As long as I don't find myself staying out of the throttle when I feel like having fun because of the exhaust being a bit too "look at me" I'll be happy. I really hate keeping out of the throttle just to keep the peace. 

We'll see. Ive had a Mivv exhaust on another bike in the past and it held up very well but it was a bittoo loud for my now aging tastes, but it also had no db killer in it... 

20230123_202411.jpg.213f7a7d5d0c90d78d1d3e26c9a83034.jpg

20230123_202517.jpg.ac2139539c512861fdf1ce280be7bfb9.jpg

*Edited my original post after taking the bike for a quick spin.

Edited by Windblown
  • Like 1

When you ease on the throttle and keep the rpm low it's very quit, ideal for passing people on the trails. The grunt is jut fun.

• Like 1