Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

MIVV high mount exhaust w/ tail tidy

Redneckj

Thanks for the DB Killer links. The one that's in it is fun, but I ay tire of hooning around on with it, LOL.  Made a drive youtube clip of how it sounds while playing on a light skiff of snow today. 

Edited by Windblown
  • Like 1

@WindblownThat sounds nice, similar to the CamelADV but with a slightly more mellow sound.  Of course, it is just about impossible to compare on a video.  It will be interesting to compare in person.  I still have my dB killer in my tank bag for when we meet up...

Edited by Hollybrook
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/24/2022 at 9:22 PM, r1superstar said:

Did you have any issues mounting the pipe bracket?  The hole on the mounting tab closest to the tailight is not drilled in the right spot.  I can't bolt it on the bike.  I'm going to have to call them and get a new bracket...

Responding to this and to anyone searching for this same issue in the future: the bracket indeed does not line up if you're using a factory tail section or even as, in my case, an adventure spec tail tidy which reuses the stock inner fender section of the tail. I solved it in seconds by heating that corner of the tab that doesn't fit with a propane torch cherry red and jamming it in. Within 5 seconds it melted enough plastic out of the way to clear. Use your head and don't start a fire. It was just a bit of plastic and didn't compromise anything 

20230305_174433.jpg

Edited by afhaldeman
  • Like 1

MIVV must have had a bad batch of those brackets.  There is another post where a T7 owner's bracket didn't fit.  My bracket fit 100% perfect.  

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tested the swingarm for clearance with the mid-pipe over the full 200 mm range of travel by disconnecting the shock link arm?  To my surprise the brake hose/cable guide made contact @165 mm & after modifying it & making a few other changes @205 mm!  Details/pics can be viewed here...scroll down to my April 10/23 update 

Edited by prowlnS10