Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Howdy/Buenos Dias from Central Texas

Turbohawk

My dad infected me with the MotorcycleVirus when I was barely walking. Been riding KLR's from the original 600 in 1984. Have always had at least ONE KLR in my stable since then. Still do, a 2001 that suffered the dreaded doohickey failure. It will get rebuilt one day soon.

At the tender age of 16 I landed my "dream" job at a Kawasaki dealership which eventually became the largest BIG 4 dealership in Texas (probably still is). So, during these years I made a LOT of extra $$$ and mechanical experience buying literal "basket" cases, all makes/models, and turning them into "as good or better than new" machines to ride, then sell, rinse, wash repeat.

1993 I married my soulmate and decided to pursue a totally different career. Joined Austin Fire Dept the next year. 5 kids and 25 years later I retired a few years ago, perfectly timed before all this COVID nonsense. Have been on DOZENS of epic North America rides with fire brethren and many with one or more of my 3 literal-brothers. I keep bikes I like for a minimum decade +.  I was fortunate to collect 2 of best 2 strokes ever built (IMO), last year models of production, basically showroom condition, my son will inherit them as I will never sell them (money talks though and with this Biden inflation anything could happen).

I acquired a toyhauler RV so my new "operations model" is to trailer to an area, unload the bike(s), then commence with bike exploration. My wife LOVES to ride with me even though she is licensed and rides as well.  I'm not against doing the epic trans-continental rides but I'm finding fewer and fewer riders that do these now.  Now that my son is also licensed and is an accomplished rider he will join us on many of these adventures.

I'd been eyeing the T7's since release and was waiting for one to show up with my name on it. That happened this week. So a new chapter begins.  I plan to spend March/April in the Eureka Springs AR area for thorough exploration of the "pigtails" and all that area has to offer. Then summer Utah/Wyoming/Nevada/Montana if the world isn't in full blown WW3 by then. I spend my winters in Texas and ride year round when the temps are above freezing and ice free.

If you are in Texas or ride anywhere I mentioned ping me, you never know we might ride the same roads soon.  Cheers!

• Like 1

Welcome from Fort Worth!

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750