Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Slamming and banging offroad

Camel ADV

13 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

A nasty bit of trail called Koko Claims in South Eastern British Columbia. I love this bike more every time I ride it! 

Impressive on the T7 bud. That sort of terrain gives me a huge arm pumps you gotta concentrate to not lose momentum. If you stop, its very difficult to get back going, specially at my 1,70cm tall having to man handle 200+ kilo bike.

I would kill to test your suspension setup.

• Supporting Vendor
3 hours ago, powder said:

Impressive on the T7 bud. That sort of terrain gives me a huge arm pumps you gotta concentrate to not lose momentum. If you stop, its very difficult to get back going, specially at my 1,70cm tall having to man handle 200+ kilo bike.

I would kill to test your suspension setup.

I had zero arm pump. Steg Pegz are the way to go!

• Like 2

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• 2 weeks later...

Holy awesome videos, Batman! And I've gotta ask - where are you getting the Steg Pegz for the T700 from? I had a set on a CRF250X, loved 'em, and can't seem to find them for the 700.

• Supporting Vendor
12 hours ago, med.jeeves said:

Holy awesome videos, Batman! And I've gotta ask - where are you getting the Steg Pegz for the T700 from? I had a set on a CRF250X, loved 'em, and can't seem to find them for the 700.

I didn't see a listing for the T7 yet either so I made a set for my own bike. I'm sure they're hard at work designing them now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Camel ADV said:

That was a steep hill!

... that's a crazy hill ... 

What tires are you running to have so much grip going up ?

• Supporting Vendor
On 9/9/2020 at 9:20 PM, MGG said:

... that's a crazy hill ... 

What tires are you running to have so much grip going up ?

I was on a clapped out Hoosier MX30. 

IMG_5038.JPG

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

I was on a clapped out Hoosier MX30. 

IMG_5038.JPG

Flat middle.

Might I suggest you turn more ? 🙂

The forensic scientist in me says you bank right more than left? Doesn't matter to me, keep making awesome sheet like you do and I'll follow. 

Edited by johnnygolucky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Vendor
9 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

Flat middle.

Might I suggest you turn more ? 🙂

The forensic scientist in me says you bank right more than left? Doesn't matter to me, keep making awesome sheet like you do and I'll follow. 

LOL! The bulk of the wheel spin happens when the bike is upright and going forward rather than leaned over at a 45° angle! The knobs on the front tire have the exact opposite problem, all the side lugs are ripping but the middle ones are in far better shape.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

LOL! The bulk of the wheel spin happens when the bike is upright and going forward rather than leaned over at a 45° angle! The knobs on the front tire have the exact opposite problem, all the side lugs are ripping but the middle ones are in far better shape.

... so you need more brake wheelies to "normalize" that front tire ... 🤣 

... My stock tires are still in good shape since all my offroad is at a walking pace so that I don't bust out the forks 😞 ... still looking for an affordable preload spacer and time to install...

Edited by MGG
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Supporting Vendor

I don't have the new T7 reassembled with all the goodies on it so I was on the 790 but my friend Jaden was on his Tenere. We've gotten a bunch more snow since Friday... safe to say our season is done for 2020 😞

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2020 at 12:00 AM, Camel ADV said:

I don't have the new T7 reassembled with all the goodies on it so I was on the 790 but my friend Jaden was on his Tenere. We've gotten a bunch more snow since Friday... safe to say our season is done for 2020 😞

Finally got a chance finish watching this video...

You two are NUTS but I LIKE IT! LOL...

• Supporting Vendor
9 hours ago, TimmyTheHog said:

Finally got a chance finish watching this video...

You two are NUTS but I LIKE IT! LOL...

Just trying to squeeze every bit out riding we can from the season!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor

Going through video from the end of the season... is it spring yet?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor

Spring has sprung in Western Canada and we were able to get out for a local ride. We wanted to take the SkyDio 2 drone out for a spin to test it's tracking abilities. It didn't work out as well as I had expected, it's most likely operator error as the reviews on it's tracking abilities are extremely positive. I'm hoping I can get it sorted next time out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Camel ADV said:

Spring has sprung in Western Canada and we were able to get out for a local ride. We wanted to take the SkyDio 2 drone out for a spin to test it's tracking abilities. It didn't work out as well as I had expected, it's most likely operator error as the reviews on it's tracking abilities are extremely positive. I'm hoping I can get it sorted next time out.

@Camel ADVcheckout Brent Pearson's YouTube channel - he has 2 reviews that give you the views and analyse to know what is going on.  I thought it it was quite informative.  Cheers

• Like 1

• Moderators

Corey,  I think the drone did a pretty good job of tracking you two through some fairly dense woods.  The best part was when the drone was playing hide n seek behind the trees, while you guys were rescuing your T7 from an icy death.   Also, not sure about this, as drones are getting more and more advanced, but don't think they can yet answer " what are you doing"?.  😉 Great stuff, keep it up.

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• Supporting Vendor
22 minutes ago, Yammybound88 said:

@Camel ADVcheckout Brent Pearson's YouTube channel - he has 2 reviews that give you the views and analyse to know what is going on.  I thought it it was quite informative.  Cheers

I'll check it out, thanks!

3 minutes ago, AZJW said:

Corey,  I think the drone did a pretty good job of tracking you two through some fairly dense woods.  The best part was when the drone was playing hide n seek behind the trees, while you guys were rescuing your T7 from an icy death.   Also, not sure about this, as drones are getting more and more advanced, but don't think they can yet answer " what are you doing"?.  😉 Great stuff, keep it up.

There are countless videos of the SkyDio following in far tighter conditions than what we were riding in. It got hung up in a section that was 30' wide... in the fall, I had it follow me between the house and garage which is about 5'. At the very end of the video, it wouldn't follow to where the bikes were which was at least 25'. I'm sure it's a setting thing. Perhaps something reset after the last software update.

i want a drone to follow me, and play "theme music"

Theme Music -   every good hero should have some....

• Supporting Vendor
7 hours ago, cstatman said:

i want a drone to follow me, and play "theme music"

Theme Music -   every good hero should have some....

I don't get the reference!

a loong time ago, when people were still allowed to laugh,  there was a movie called "im gonna get you sucka"

the "hero" had a band that followed him around playing his "theme music"

I want a drone that will follow me on the bike,  playing theme music.   so everyone knows how cool I am.

(my theme music,  sadly, would probably be like,  the mickey mouse song)