Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 decal kits

al700

Yep, I just cut the logo and re-positioned it a bit.  I didn't like the T7 so close together so I lowered the 7.

18 hours ago, UtahJack said:

@Hannu

That looks nice. 

I wish some one would come up with some options for the North American version of the White and Red bike. As of now none of the graphic kits match the Red used on the NA model. Hopefully they will catch up soon, I do like the NA Red as opposed to the European version. I would prefer one that didn't cover the red on the tail section though. 

I kind of made up my own version for now. Just ordered the lower red stickers and another set of Tenere 700 stickers and cut them up, and utilized a 1/8" black pin stripe .

0807201407a_HDR.thumb.jpg.67223c0550924649334ad4cdb644e7d4.jpg

Hi.
You can also paint the rear part white.
Then you do not have to worry about the shade of the red color, but can choose which Red / white decal kit you want.

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2021 at 3:52 PM, EFMT7 said:

Chesterfield dakar kit by Decalmoto - 500 micron

IMG_6563.jpg

IMG_6564.jpg

I appreciate the chesterfield design very much. Can you say something to quality and processing of the 500 micron foliage? Was it hard to use ? Fitting was ok?

• Like 2

Browsed all 11 pages, and seen some tastefully made bikes, but most graphhic kits looking ghastly... In Tenere's case less clutter is better - even factory rally replica scheme looks modest (and pretty for that matter), and that's for the reason - those bikes are not racing bikes, and never will be. They could commemorate old Tenere's history using same colours (like stock rally version), but putting up a whole list of sponsors on the bike of this type is just as tastefull as vauxhall corsa with ripspeed oversize spoilers and stickers all around 🤣

Especially those bikes with cluttery graphics, massive list of sponsors and... additional 25 kilo's of crashbars, panier racks and touring equipment makes no sense at all - is it a rally bike or is it a tourer?

Also dont understand this strange design of incorporating "tenere" in much biger scale than the bike and with disregard to bike ferring arrangement, so you end up seeing "ener" or in best case "enere"  along middle of your bike?

There is really not many tastefull graphics to choose from. I need one as i decided to take the crashbars off and need to protect plastics a little, but my God it is a mission to choose something!

I think so far i have come across those:

tenere-700-t7-world-raid.jpg

Kit STICKERS TENERE 700 T7 world raid

Both on the edge of being overcluttered, with second being a bit too "KTM'ey" 😄

Edited by Bartek
  • Like 2

On 1/20/2021 at 9:55 AM, exiledinaus said:

This is my favourite classic tenere colour scheme - has anyone seen a full decal set like this one? Meine Ténéré und ich: 2012

Upshift makes that kit if you haven't seen it yet....

Inspired by the 1987 Yamaha factory Dakar Rally bike. These graphics are a modern interpretation for the Ténéré 700. Available in two color ways. Printed on gloss 12 mil vinyl. Custom graphics for your motorcycle are the best way to make it...

MotoSouth

www.youtube.com/c/motosouth

21 hours ago, MotoSouth said:

Upshift makes that kit if you haven't seen it yet....

Inspired by the 1987 Yamaha factory Dakar Rally bike. These graphics are a modern interpretation for the Ténéré 700. Available in two color ways. Printed on gloss 12 mil vinyl. Custom graphics for your motorcycle are the best way to make it...

Thanks - I hadnt seen it - it looks great. I may well order that!

• Like 1

On 6/19/2021 at 8:57 AM, Bartek said:

Browsed all 11 pages, and seen some tastefully made bikes, but most graphhic kits looking ghastly... In Tenere's case less clutter is better - even factory rally replica scheme looks modest (and pretty for that matter), and that's for the reason - those bikes are not racing bikes, and never will be. They could commemorate old Tenere's history using same colours (like stock rally version), but putting up a whole list of sponsors on the bike of this type is just as tastefull as vauxhall corsa with ripspeed oversize spoilers and stickers all around 🤣

Especially those bikes with cluttery graphics, massive list of sponsors and... additional 25 kilo's of crashbars, panier racks and touring equipment makes no sense at all - is it a rally bike or is it a tourer?

Also dont understand this strange design of incorporating "tenere" in much biger scale than the bike and with disregard to bike ferring arrangement, so you end up seeing "ener" or in best case "enere"  along middle of your bike?

There is really not many tastefull graphics to choose from. I need one as i decided to take the crashbars off and need to protect plastics a little, but my God it is a mission to choose something!

Well, fortunately you get to do with your bike exactly what you'd like.  That's the beauty of all this.

In other news, who cares?  I like seeing all the graphics kits.  They're essentially disposable protection.  You can and will have to replace them at some point and they protect the body work (especially if you get the thicker versions).  If Harley riders get to have Harley underwear and tattoos, I think we can put on a graphics kit for fun.

• Like 6

On 6/19/2021 at 1:57 PM, Bartek said:

IMG_20210619_194919_497.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, Great Escape said:

IMG_20210619_194919_497.jpg

My 'tasteful' T7...definitely not KTM'ey  Bartek!  Cheers , Steve 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Buying Rubberdust decals:

Sliderbild_Spirit_3.jpg

Does anyone know what rattle can paints to buy from the USA to paint the rear end white?  I have link for Germany but need someplace to order from the US?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered Crispy Designs 

42FD85FA-5B1B-4C53-AE26-95B684867F59.png

Edited by One Man Trail
  • Like 2

Hi everyone, I just want to warn you all about Rubberdust. I ordered a decal kit in mid July and paid in full via PayPal. After a couple of weeks of hearing nothing I sent the company an email asking about the order. It took repeated emails to get a reply from the owner. He keeps referring me to his manufacturer but the manufacturer never replies. I've had enough so am now going through PayPal to fight for a refund.  You might want to consider this before ordering through the Rubberdust website.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I ended up going with Backyard Design and couldn't be happier. Shipping was nice and quick.

Backyard-Design-Main-Logo-20201-3.jpg

Create your custom motocross graphics online with our design configurator. Choose from over 200 different bikes models.

Edited by kainic
  • Like 3

• Moderators

@kainic When you get this installed, kindly post a few pics and if you had any issues on the application.  Nice to see a domestic source for graphics and hopefully the red matches the US bikes.  

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

On 8/10/2021 at 11:27 PM, AZJW said:

@kainic When you get this installed, kindly post a few pics and if you had any issues on the application.  Nice to see a domestic source for graphics and hopefully the red matches the US bikes.  

t700.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2021 at 6:56 PM, HelloWeeN said:
Hi, I would like to share with you the experience of buying motorcycle graphics. I have been looking for graphics for my T7 for a long time and came across one company. OD Graphics the one that was recently linked https://www.ebay.com/usr/templates_outdoor_decals. I chose the "sport" version and it is quite thick and shiny. delivery took about two weeks. I am happy with the graphics and excellent service. The seller responds quickly to messages. here is a photo of my bike. I want to say that they are difficult to install. Installation experience may be needed

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Which front fender?

• 1 month later...

I'm waiting for mine to arrive, it's my own design with the logo for my own website (blogsite) i also designed myself.

On 6/16/2021 at 12:16 PM, advrallymoto said:

Finally got my Crispy Designs kit delivered and installed.  

IMG_2022.JPG

Love the looks!!! Just got one last week, found it in TX. Live just south of ya in MS!

• Like 1