Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 decal kits

al700

On 8/6/2020 at 6:42 PM, loneranger700 said:

Just from the looks of how easy it is to remove the Tenere 700's plastics, I'd wager it's probably really easy to apply these decals with just a little soap and water.

Fondamental is the Phone!

OK, guys, my Ceramic Ice Tenere' is due in mid October !  I've found a few graphics kits I like but my favorite image I just can't seem to track down.  I tried a new topic but haven't gotten anywhere other than someone recommended I have SKDA give it a go - but there could be copyright issues if a company actually designed it.  Maybe someone had it custom made so that would not be an issue then, I could even tweak it.  I just love how the speed blocks look going in this direction compared to most of the kits and maybe that's all I need, the speed block part.

But if a company makes it I'd like to support them !  Any ideas ?

5FB2D6B0-CE3A-4680-B0DC-D624AF16CE30.thumb.jpeg.e96553c1d4fb87601872afc2de0e220f.jpeg

Edited by KTM2smoker
  • Like 1

I think that maybe an impression,  a render of a potential design  .  Steve 

1 hour ago, KTM2smoker said:

OK, guys, my Ceramic Ice Tenere' is due in mid October !  I've found a few graphics kits I like but my favorite image I just can't seem to track down.  I tried a new topic but haven't gotten anywhere other than someone recommended I have SKDA give it a go - but there could be copyright issues if a company actually designed it.  Maybe someone had it custom made so that would not be an issue then, I could even tweak it.  I just love how the speed blocks look going in this direction compared to most of the kits and maybe that's all I need, the speed block part.

But if a company makes it I'd like to support them !  Any ideas ?

5FB2D6B0-CE3A-4680-B0DC-D624AF16CE30.thumb.jpeg.e96553c1d4fb87601872afc2de0e220f.jpeg

There is a similar kit from a vendor.

@KTM2smoker

To me for what it is worth, the graphics are just "photo shopped" on to the photograph.

The shadows and the gloss do not match the picture.

It is not just graphics but a different panel, notice the emblem relocation and recessed into the panel, the original location now smooth, plus no turn signal posts.

That being said, nice concept.

Edited by UtahJack

I guess I'd need an actual bike in front of me (mid October!) to notice the emblem.  I figured it was just a decal relocated.  Worse case I'll have something custom made up that I can fab up with coloring paper first. It would be nice to keep the off white tank insert color intact.

As a whole, though, I love the speed blocks going in the 2000 to 1400 direction better than the standard 1100 to 1600.  Can't wait to be a Tenere'r.....

23 minutes ago, KTM2smoker said:

I guess I'd need an actual bike in front of me (mid October!) to notice the emblem.  I figured it was just a decal relocated.  Worse case I'll have something custom made up that I can fab up with coloring paper first. It would be nice to keep the off white tank insert color intact.

As a whole, though, I love the speed blocks going in the 2000 to 1400 direction better than the standard 1100 to 1600.  Can't wait to be a Tenere'r.....

Now that you know its a rendering it has no copyright to it. Just send that pic to SKDA and see if they can make you what you want.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, UtahJack said:

@KTM2smoker

I experimented with mine, I didn't like the way the Yamaha crash bars covered the graphics.

0807201407a_HDR.thumb.jpg.127a1cc07ca29edaa16a75efff396068.jpg

@UtahJack

Can you post a link to where you got your speed block decals?  I just received some from Crispy Designs and they aren't even close to matching the color of our red here in the US.  On the order I had noted to please confirm they were a color match before shipping, but that got missed and they shipped them anyway.

• Thanks 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys! 

First post here! 🙂

I will soon pull the trigger on a blue T7 with a RTW trip in mind for 2022. 

For this occasion, I'd like to work on a personalized graphic set for the bike. Do you you know where can I get the pannels size or directly the files? 

Or do you know a good company which I can work with for a personalized design?

Thanks a TON!

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone one pulled the trigger on any of the eBay graphics? There is a Set from Motostill and Motostick, both are located in Turkey and offer free shipping. Any feedback on either graphic set or pictures?

On 9/1/2020 at 12:58 PM, Rainville said:

Hi guys! 

First post here! 🙂

I will soon pull the trigger on a blue T7 with a RTW trip in mind for 2022. 

For this occasion, I'd like to work on a personalized graphic set for the bike. Do you you know where can I get the pannels size or directly the files? 

Or do you know a good company which I can work with for a personalized design?

Thanks a TON!

Cheers.

Good place to start.

2 hours ago, KinneyKat said:

Anyone one pulled the trigger on any of the eBay graphics? There is a Set from Motostill and Motostick, both are located in Turkey and offer free shipping. Any feedback on either graphic set or pictures?

Yup, fast shipping but haven't opened the package yet.

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

2 hours ago, BADDANDY said:

Yup, fast shipping but haven't opened the package yet.

Open it up  BADDANDY... So we can see them 😎

Alright kiddos; here's a few pics of my kit for you.

This is the decalmoto "Factory Racing" kit, but they have many replicas available: 

I ordered the 500 micron kit rather than the 180 and I have to say it went on easier than I expected. The stickers were well sized and I had to do limited trimming. There are a couple of edges / corners that haven't adhered very well so I need to look at them, but overall I'm very happy. 

The eagle eyed may note that I've not used all the kit - I like the blue of the rear fairing too much to cover it up! I also removed the manufacturer references from the decals - mainly as I may get an aftermarket exhaust at some point but it may not be Akraprovic and I didn't like the idea of a miss-match!

If you want to follow the progress you can find me on Instagram @tommy_tenere

Cheers, Tom

20200921_192452x.png

x.png

20200922_083424x.png

20200922_085039x.png

20200922_085051x.png

20200922_085424x.png

• Like 4

On 9/18/2020 at 4:06 PM, KinneyKat said:

Open it up  BADDANDY... So we can see them 😎

How's this?

I didn't use the tail, lower side panel, front fender, swingarm, nor the center tank decals. I did use part of the tail decal for the front of the front fender, and the "YAMAHA" was cut out of the lower side panel decals and used on the side of the front fender. I modified the bark buster decals to work on the Cycra shields and I only used the black strips which I cut out of the white tank decals. I also made a little black decal for the top half over the front turn signal.

0925201657a.thumb.jpg.5e8733f6056f1e850e3f4e0a168b2ab9.jpg

0925201749.thumb.jpg.d0b48273ef792e0c5ad4335a4042db9b.jpg

Edited by BADDANDY
  • Like 4
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

Here is mine, it will also have clear side panels done shortly, DMK Designs, just 2 hours from where I live, so I and them fit as well.

Cheers John

77E3B85A-A510-49A2-B081-E7EB61BCAAE4.jpeg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Just put my kit on from SKDA   Looking good on paper

on the bike from a distance looking good but side tank decal needs to be bigger else it leaves to big a gap around the edge to be nice

some nice kits out there

happy riding 

553A7D87-C806-46BD-A3C3-6C634907C5F9.jpeg

86C18268-1BBA-4CEF-9EAE-F7864469431E.jpeg

0E77DA98-FA8C-44B0-B438-8825D2CBB3CA.jpeg

26AB28B6-340D-46D0-A406-59E93CDB8C16.jpeg

• Like 3