Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 decal kits

al700

On 8/13/2020 at 5:18 PM, CAJW said:

@UtahJack

Can you post a link to where you got your speed block decals?  I just received some from Crispy Designs and they aren't even close to matching the color of our red here in the US.  On the order I had noted to please confirm they were a color match before shipping, but that got missed and they shipped them anyway.

Same question! Crispy Designs red is not the same red here in the USA..... Any idea if there is someone who offers the USA red speed blocks? 

@CAJW, @MileHighTenere

First off sorry CAJW didn't see you question earlier.

I haven't found anybody that makes the speed blocks decals in matching color, I ordered two of the decal blocks that are on the lower portion of the panel and cut the speed blocks out of it and than added a 1/8" black pin stripe. I cut the speed blocks in a tapper to match the lines on the panel.

The T7 was just cut from two Tenere 700 decals. Someday I would love to find a smaller Tenere 700 decals that I could put where I have the T7 the standard one is just too large.

This all started just because I didn't like the look of the Tenere 700 decal behind the engine guards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/2/2020 at 8:56 AM, johnnygolucky said:

Does anyone know the maker, the company who makes of this wrap? 

2nd bike starting at .28 seconds. Really like the look, just cant see who makes it. Potential name on the upper fearing? Blurry and not sure. Been searching so if anyone knows, Id really appreciate it. 

Its based on the DecalMoto stickers. They may do customisation work. Colours are different and logos are in a different position or missing but you can see the similarity.

401784112_Decalmoto2.thumb.jpg.2abe35fabc1060cf41190c56eb2af6dc.jpg

Decalmoto.thumb.jpg.f65c587d10c1c396d90b2a9d16324f57.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Its based on the DecalMoto stickers. They may do customisation work. Colours are different and logos are in a different position or missing but you can see the similarity.

Thanks so much!! 

On 2/17/2020 at 8:40 PM, Sandijs said:

DSC08235.thumb.jpg.5b0ce7f9aa3420746012553d9f21578d.jpg

A little bit better picture of my graphic kit and other upgrades!

Exactly which sticker kit is this? How has it faired after 1 year on the bike, any issues? I dont really like the blue bike, but your pic makes it look quite good.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2020 at 10:56 PM, johnnygolucky said:

Does anyone know the maker, the company who makes of this wrap? 

2nd bike starting at .28 seconds. Really like the look, just cant see who makes it. Potential name on the upper fearing? Blurry and not sure. Been searching so if anyone knows, Id really appreciate it. 

Which skid plate did the first bike have? Looked like it covered a lot of stuff!

On 12/5/2020 at 1:47 AM, JimmyTheHuman said:

Exactly which sticker kit is this? How has it faired after 1 year on the bike, any issues? I dont really like the blue bike, but your pic makes it look quite good.

I'm pretty sure that's the decalmoto kit but with the colours changed @JimmyTheHuman. If you check @Sandijs page (click on his name) I'm pretty sure he's mentioned it in one of his posts previously. I have the same kit on my bike but in the "standard" colours... 👍

Hi.
I have applied a decal kit from Rubberdust now.
I must say that the quality and fit were extremely good.
What I have left to do is to apply the declarants on the rims, and possibly paint the rear part in white.
Unfortunately, I'm not very good at painting, so I need to find someone who can do this for me.

And....yes, it is winter now in the northern part of Sweden, so no driving today.

T7_1.jpg

T7_2.jpg

T7_3.jpg

@Hannu

Looks really good, I like that layout.

Sadly it currently isn't available to match the North American Red, I have contacted Rubberdust with no rely. I keep hoping some American company will start producing graphic kits with the correct red.

51 minutes ago, UtahJack said:

@Hannu

Looks really good, I like that layout.

Sadly it currently isn't available to match the North American Red, I have contacted Rubberdust with no rely. I keep hoping some American company will start producing graphic kits with the correct red.

Hi.

Yes, it seems your red are a bit more "wine-red".

And can confirm that Rubberdust doesnt seem to reply on mail, i sent four mails regarding the delivery status, but got no answer, and so far no reply at all.

Really strange, but happy that the stickers arrived, and also happy about the quality.

• Moderators

I exchanged emails with Nicolas at Rubberdust in September when we discussed the differences in the US red vs rest of the world.   He suggested I paint my bike's rear panels, but I didn't want to go that route, so still looking for Speed stripes in US red. 

Upshift also carries a red Speed stripe kit, but it too does not match the US red...., besides they're out of stock at the moment. Still though, it looks pretty good, I just might go this route

RED+KIT+1+copy.jpg?format=1500w

Now that the long awaited Yamaha T7’s are here we have 3 retro “speedblock” graphics kits available. Red/white/black, blue/white/black and gray/white/black. Material: Heavy Duty 3M Matte Finish MX Vinyl Material. Includes: graphics for the...

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

5 hours ago, AZJW said:

I exchanged emails with Nicolas at Rubberdust in September when we discussed the differences in the US red vs rest of the world.   He suggested I paint my bike's rear panels, but I didn't want to go that route, so still looking for Speed striped in US red. 

Upshift also carries a red Speed stripe kit, but it too does not match the US red...., besides they're out of stock at the moment. Still though, it looks pretty good, I just might go this route

RED+KIT+1+copy.jpg?format=1500w

Now that the long awaited Yamaha T7’s are here we have 3 retro “speedblock” graphics kits available. Red/white/black, blue/white/black and gray/white/black. Material: Heavy Duty 3M Matte Finish MX Vinyl Material. Includes: graphics for the...

Hi.
I think that looks good.
It seems that you paste all the red parties with new stickers when I looked at their website?
Then maybe it does not do so much that it becomes a different color on the red color?
Nice in any case.

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Mudchute said:

That looks really nice

I agree. Here's an excerpt from the email reply I received from Upshift.  Like I said earlier, I'm probably going this route when they're back in stock as this pretty much covers all the US red paint. 

"The red in our kit is more primary where the USA T7 red is darker. Our kit does cover the bike pretty completely though. You really have to look close at the body work just under the seat and the very outer edge of the rear body work to see the stock red. We simply covered those edges with black vinyl from the local wrap shop and applied the graphics over. It's an extra step, but if you are particular about it, it's the best result. 

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Sounds good, because a lot of these stickers look like they fit terrible. I have studied the kits available and wife wants the DMK designs in red, looks like an OK fit. But i like the Upshift one, looks OEM. i also think the Upshift grey is very smart and unique.

Look at this one, i think the design is great, but look at the tank sticker.

image.thumb.png.14228a72985266bbe593ec28c1a6ffd0.png

Edited by JimmyTheHuman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! I found a decal kit for my t7. I never installed that kind of stuff. What happen when you remove it? Is't easy to clean the panel and remove glue if I want to go back to stock trim... Thanks

Hi.
It is very easy to remove the decals.
I usually heat them gently with a hair dryer, and then they come off easily.
The glue that may remain are easily washed off with a rag dampened in an alcohol solution.
If the glue is really hard, you can take some petrol in a rag to begin with, it dissolves the glue even better, but leaves a greasy surface behind, so remember to wash with alcohol afterwards.

• Like 1