Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 decal kits

al700

If you can find out from the supplier (Rubberdust, Decalmoto, etc.) what vinyl they use (3M, etc.) you can have a vehicle wrap company wrap your tail section to match  the decal kit. May be cheaper than paint.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 6:54 PM, UtahJack said:

@KTM2smoker

To me for what it is worth, the graphics are just "photo shopped" on to the photograph.

The shadows and the gloss do not match the picture.

It is not just graphics but a different panel, notice the emblem relocation and recessed into the panel, the original location now smooth, plus no turn signal posts.

That being said, nice concept.

The shadows and illumination could be due to the use of filling flashlight. But the emblem on different spot makes you wonder. However if the panel is made of fiberglas one could easy fill the recessed spot, spraypaint it and attach the stickers. So I am not 100% if this not real.

Haven't found the composition though. This I found, it kinda deals with the logo, which I think on this photo is better located. But Yamaha wants it in your face when a Tenere is driving through traffic jams and one looks out of it's window 🙂

Anyway I found this compromise to the awesome composition KTM2smoker shared:

tenere-700-t7-gp-limited-edition-skidpla

Kit STICKERS TENERE 700 T7 GP Limited Edition (skidplate/paramotore GPmucci option). Su adesiviestampe.it

@KTM2smoker

Went with Rubberdust for something not too busy.  Very happy with how it turned out.

File_000.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, boubou74 said:

Went with Rubberdust for something not too busy.  Very happy with how it turned out.

File_000.jpeg

Nice setup. Do alot of street riding?  What tires are those?  I put some nice Aux lights on OEM brackets for the people who don't look to well.

• Like 1

Thanks. I spend most my time off road. The tires are Michelin Anakee Wild, probably will go with something more agressive on the next set.  

Has anyone got these decals on their bike?

Any experience with quality/fit - any pictures on the bike?

TT-Kiosk, Stickers, T700, Tenere 700, Ténére 700, TT600R, XT, XT600, IT, TT600s, Tenere, TT600, T-Shirts

T700 tenere Tank

• Like 2

This is my favourite classic tenere colour scheme - has anyone seen a full decal set like this one? Meine Ténéré und ich: 2012

• Like 2

On 1/20/2021 at 4:49 PM, exiledinaus said:

Has anyone got these decals on their bike?

Any experience with quality/fit - any pictures on the bike?

TT-Kiosk, Stickers, T700, Tenere 700, Ténére 700, TT600R, XT, XT600, IT, TT600s, Tenere, TT600, T-Shirts

T700 tenere Tank

Hi.

I got my decals from there today.
My kit is from Rubberdust, but bought "Worldraid" as a complement from there.
I think the quality seems good.
However, the letters are like a separate layer on top of the black, so you can feel them with your fingers.
If these are suitable for washing with sand and dirt, the future will tell.

T7_5.jpg

• Like 3

The screen protector is Yamaha original:

2019-Yamaha-XTZ700-EU-Ceramic_Ice-Action

Den officiella produktsidan för Ténéré 700. Sidan innehåller tekniska specifikationer, hämtningsbara media och en översikt över relaterade tillbehör.

And i can also see that it is sold by OffTheRoad:

bw3-h4105-00-00-headlight-protector-lamp

Headlight Guard Yamaha Tenere 700 - Head Light Guard for the Yamaha Tenere 700. Strong plastic screen to be placed in front of the Ténéré 700’s headlight. Made of strong durable material. No tools req

• Like 1

hello guys, pardon my ignorance here... but basically you just stick these on top of the original fairings/paint and what not? and can just remove or change or whatever? no one done anything to the "rally" edition bike that you guys know of? 

cheers

tenere-700-t7-rally-edition-2020.jpg

Kit STICKERS TENERE 700 T7 RALLY EDITION 2020. Su adesiviestampe.it

tenere-700-t7-dakar-sonauto.jpg

Kit STICKERS TENERE 700 T7 DAKAR SONAUTO. Su adesiviestampe.it

These might do it for you.

On 1/20/2021 at 4:55 PM, exiledinaus said:

This is my favourite classic tenere colour scheme - has anyone seen a full decal set like this one? Meine Ténéré und ich: 2012

• Like 2

Captured my fears of the horrors of painting, and actually made progress.
Three different mysterious spray cans created a really good result, seen with my eyes of course.
So now the rear is really nicely painted in the same white metallic as the tank, and with some new decals.
Fun experiment anyway 🙂

Minus 20 degrees Celsius (-4 F) today, and a lot of snow, so no driving today 😟

WhitePearl_1.jpg

WhitePearl_3.jpg

WhitePearl_2.jpg

• Like 9

@Hannu, that really looks great. I think if Yamaha had made the rear white like you just did I probably would have gotten that color scheme instead of the black since we had a couple of that color available locally. Anyway, good job! 

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2021 at 10:57 AM, Hannu said:

Captured my fears of the horrors of painting, and actually made progress.
Three different mysterious spray cans created a really good result, seen with my eyes of course.
So now the rear is really nicely painted in the same white metallic as the tank, and with some new decals.
Fun experiment anyway 🙂

Minus 20 degrees Celsius (-4 F) today, and a lot of snow, so no driving today 😟

WhitePearl_1.jpg

WhitePearl_3.jpg

WhitePearl_2.jpg

Came with a plastic primer I suppose?

13 minutes ago, That70sman said:

Came with a plastic primer I suppose?

Hi.

I bought paint of good quality I think.
Am not very experienced now, so I read a lot before, and there seems to be a big difference in the result depending on the choice of paint manufacturer.
Bought from Spraydosen in Germany.

SDS-DE_Website_Logo-B.png

Online Shop for touch up paint in car color and additional products

Water-based white base (none special for plastic), water-based metallic, and a two-component clearcoat.
It went almost twice as much of the white base as the others, so it almost ran out, painted 4 layers with it before I was satisfied.

Sprayburkar.jpg

• Like 1

@Hannu

Thanks for sharing your experience. Did a nice job on it.

I did some on my car last year and it ain't easy, nor cheap.

The bottles are pretty expensive and since you needed 3 different ones.
But the result is there!

For yamaha it is something they can put in their aftermarket products, to change colour in shields.

Enjoy the result.

• Thanks 1

so guys I've been fiddling around a bit with my phone and drew up this little test thingie. 

thought it would be cool to personalise the bike a bit and increase that oldschool Dakar vibe...

1  (its done with my phone + also general lack of drawing skills.... or maybe made by a toddler and I stole it ? 😛 )

2  (I used a concept on rubberdust and added a few things I like, like continuing the speed blocks, colour on the black plastics and on fork and mudguards. mainly used that concept picture because it was the only one with an easy white background to work with. this still could go different ways)

What do you think of this? could this work with the curves and the bends of the bodyworks? 

cheers

decal tenere700.jpeg

• Like 5