Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha T7 Tenere 700 High Fender Kit

Camel ADV

5 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

Our vendor page is ready a bit before out high fender kit is so I don't have all the info for you just yet.

The T7 high fender kit is finalized, we're just waiting on a few parts to arrive. I'll post more info as we get closer to launch. 

This is what I can share at the moment:

IMG_3426.jpeg

IMG_3295.jpeg

The black fender looks different than the white one. Are a different model/brand or is it the different colour that makes it look like that?

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
On 1/25/2020 at 2:05 AM, al700 said:

The black fender looks different than the white one. Are a different model/brand or is it the different colour that makes it look like that?

The white one is a UFO Universal Super Moto. It's very strange, it looks much better in person than in the pics.

I have a Acebris SuperMoto on the bike currently... I think that's my personal favorite and the one I'm likely to have available for purchase. 

I'll have the kit available with and without a fender. Due to the size of the fender, the box gets much larger and the shipping costs go up considerably, especially for international orders. It will be much cheaper and easier for most people to source a fender locally rather than have us ship one out.

Fender selection is critical in this application. Shorter Super Moto fenders will be the way to go. The rad on the T7 is mounted very close to the front wheel so getting a full size dirt bike fender installed will be difficult. I'll have a list of compatible fenders on our site and in the kit (it will be a short list due to the rad clearance issue I mentioned).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

As short as the high fender looks do you have any concern about mud getting thrown up on the radiator  reducing cooling?

• Like 2

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

• Supporting Vendor
6 hours ago, Simmons1 said:

As short as the high fender looks do you have any concern about mud getting thrown up on the radiator  reducing cooling?

You'll always get more with a high fender vs low fender but very rarely to a problematic level. I had a super moto fender on my Africa Twin for 3 years and never had a rad/mud issue and I live in a very muddy area. YMMV.

3 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

You'll always get more with a high fender vs low fender but very rarely to a problematic level. I had a super moto fender on my Africa Twin for 3 years and never had a rad/mud issue and I live in a very muddy area. YMMV.

Thanks. I am using your high fender kit on my AT with KTM fender  and it has been fine, but the 700 fender appears to be quite a bit shorter from your picture 

• Like 1

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

• Supporting Vendor
39 minutes ago, Simmons1 said:

Thanks. I am using your high fender kit on my AT with KTM fender  and it has been fine, but the 700 fender appears to be quite a bit shorter from your picture 

It does look shorter in the photo. I think that partially because the bike is on the lift with zero suspension sag. When it's sitting at 30% sag, the fender looks quite a bit longer.

• Like 1

I think it is very convenient and wise to build a kit that can accomodate all three fenders, Acerbis, Polisport and UFO. I think in most countries any of them is available. So it's better to get the kit from you, actually the brake lines reroute and buy locally the fenders...

I think the Competition white does not look that good with the high fender or maybe it's the white fender.

I am in favour of the Acerbis and the Polisport.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

EBD1DDF7-6378-40D9-B1A1-F0E218F612CF.jpeg

C9EAB6B0-17D9-48D4-A5AD-DC99E475F4DC.jpeg

It looks like Acerbis supermoto. I would like to see the polisport as well...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Camel ADV said:

The first pic in the thread is the Polisport.

I know but it be nice to have it in more angles fitted to the bike. If anyone fits it please post some more photos...thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor

The pre-sale is up on the site now! $179

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• Supporting Vendor
31 minutes ago, Duncan666 said:

How much work is required to re-route the brake hose?

There's no re-routing, it's replacing. The factory hoses from the ABS module are not reused. You have to yank the fairings off and slide the tank back to get at the ABS module. The whole install is 1-2hrs depending on your mechanical skill level.

• Like 2

Do you see any fitment issues when adding upper and lower front crashbars from Outback Motortek and/or potential lightbars?

I know this is a very difficult call but you have the T7 and have a gut feel for the space?  I looked at your website and see there are other products you must be working on that are not available yet.   Very excited to see a Canadian company developing these kind of products.  Best of luck.

cheers

-Bob

• Like 1

Just to update anyone who may be interested, I received the following in an email from CamelADV:  There wouldn’t be any issue with brake line routing due to the crash bars. Mounting a light bar under the main headlight is likely a no go though.

cheers

-Bob

You mean that all crashbars that go under headlight are incompatible with the high fender kit... sounds reasonable...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor
On 3/2/2020 at 10:33 AM, al700 said:

You mean that all crashbars that go under headlight are incompatible with the high fender kit... sounds reasonable...

Somehow I missed your post. There is quite a bit of room between the top of the new high fender and the bottom of the headlight. I haven't seen any crash bar systems yet that will be a problem but it's something we'll keep an eye one.

The mini LED light bars are a no go. Perhaps there are very skinny ones that will fit in that spot without the light being being obstructed by the fender itself.

• Like 1

Won't those brake lines bend inwards with fork compression and touch the wheel?

• Supporting Vendor
On 3/18/2020 at 1:52 AM, Bad Pritt said:

Won't those brake lines bend inwards with fork compression and touch the wheel?

They flex forward.

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 11.31.01 AM.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1