Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha T7 Tenere 700 High Fender Kit

Camel ADV

6 hours ago, MikeCMP said:

All done and looks pretty good. I'm sure this will make me a better dirt rider 🙂

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_156c.thumb.jpg.afc7da2c45ed0e8683f32f461ada637f.jpg

For sure you'll be a dirty rider 🙂 .   But it's worth it.

Bike is plenty capable. I just took it up some stuff with a group, in some trails I would not have taken my XR400 and made it through. Dropped the bike a few times, but that's alright. I was really surprised how easy it was to ride this thing. 

Now the high fender makes it look like a dirt bike too 🙂

Mike

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2020 at 7:42 AM, Camel ADV said:

EBD1DDF7-6378-40D9-B1A1-F0E218F612CF.jpeg

C9EAB6B0-17D9-48D4-A5AD-DC99E475F4DC.jpeg

On the bottom picture, which lights are those and how are they mounted? Thanks.

• Supporting Vendor
1 minute ago, JayD said:

On the bottom picture, which lights are those and how are they mounted? Thanks.

Cyclops Adventure Sports kit: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, JayD said:

I made an overview/review of this kit on my channel. Very happy with the product.

Thanks for the review 👍

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, gossmann1 said:

Thanks for the review 👍

My pleasure my friend, I hope you found it helpful.

2 hours ago, JayD said:

I made an overview/review of this kit on my channel. Very happy with the product.

nice review and damn nice parking spot you got there LOL

@TimmyTheHogThanks man!

Yeah, I’m currently changing tires in the comfort of my own living room. Wife hates me for it, but the bike loves it!

I once spilled brake fluid on the couch behind the bike. Haven’t told her yet, put a pillow over the spot and act like nothing has happened 😅

Edited by JayD
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

@Camel ADVjust wanted to check with you in the cyclops lights, saw a video on Swanky Cats YouTube channel and he was showing wear on the brake lines where they would rub against the cyclops lights. Have you noticed this on your bike and lines?

Mike

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, MikeCMP said:

@Camel ADVjust wanted to check with you in the cyclops lights, saw a video on Swanky Cats YouTube channel and he was showing wear on the brake lines where they would rub against the cyclops lights. Have you noticed this on your bike and lines?

Mike

Hey Mike, I don’t have lights on my current bike. I briefly had them

on the Euro T7 but not long enough to notice any wear.

13 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

Hey Mike, I don’t have lights on my current bike. I briefly had them

on the Euro T7 but not long enough to notice any wear.

Ok,

If i end up with them, I will keep an eye on the spots that can wear, can always zip tie some fuel line there.

Mike

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

curious, I have the high fender kit and the ECU reflash where they set the fan to run at a lower temp.  

what I am did I g is with the high fender more mud gets on the radiator, and when I was running the ATV trails yesterday after the rad was dirty the fan never shut off and the temp hovered around 205f, never seemed to drop.

I am also using the aluminum rad guard. Is this a common thing? I am going to do the NEBDR in September and obviously won’t be able to rinse out the radiator, is there a way to mitigate this or should I slap the low fender back on before I leave?

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I love the the kit but to be honest I didn't like the way the brake hoses run around the fork guards so close to the tire.

I decided to go with an alternative way. 

Tried offroad for a couple of days on all kind of terrain and I must say it really works well and the hoses stay out of the way.

The Polisport fender has good clearance with the stock rad guard and no mod needed to the fork guards (I filed the fender holes toward the back and moved it as far fwd as possible).

Made two 5mm holes at the top of the fork guards and fixed the hoses inside the guards with the provided p clamps (not too tight so the p clamps can rotate during fork compression and the hose can slide if needed) and fwd of the reflectors.

A zip tie on the hose below the p clamp to to keep it a bit curved and all is good.

I really like it and has a very clean look.

Let me know if any system weakness comes to mind

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

56 minutes ago, Piero said:

I love the the kit but to be honest I didn't like the way the brake hoses run around the fork guards so close to the tire.

Tried offroad for a couple of days on all kind of terrain and I must say it really works well and the hoses stay out of the way.

The Polisport fender has good clearance with the stock rad guard and no mod needed to the fork guards (I filed the fender holes toward the back and moved it as far fwd as possible).

Made two 5mm holes at the top of the fork guards and fixed the hoses inside the guards with the provided p clamps (not too tight so the p clamps can rotate during fork compression and the hose can slide if needed) and fwd of the reflectors.

A zip tie on the hose below the p clamp to to keep it a bit curved and all is good.

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

May be youre interested in this (little expensive, i think though):

IMG_0541.jpg

Route your brake line, ABS sensor and ICO cables through this nicely CNC machined cable guide that mounts on the fork. This...

• Supporting Vendor
4 hours ago, Piero said:

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

There are several people that have voiced their concern with our hose routing. Rest assured, it's been tested extensively and we've been selling them for 18 months without issue.

The fork guard/fender clearance with the Polisport UFX fender is razor-thin as is which is why we suggest trimming 19mm off the top of the fork guards if you're using it). Add the bolt and P clamp might make that tighter or it might just skim by. You'll know for sure the first time you bottom your forks.

• Like 2

On 8/7/2021 at 1:30 PM, MikeCMP said:

Hello,

curious, I have the high fender kit and the ECU reflash where they set the fan to run at a lower temp.  

what I am did I g is with the high fender more mud gets on the radiator, and when I was running the ATV trails yesterday after the rad was dirty the fan never shut off and the temp hovered around 205f, never seemed to drop.

I am also using the aluminum rad guard. Is this a common thing? I am going to do the NEBDR in September and obviously won’t be able to rinse out the radiator, is there a way to mitigate this or should I slap the low fender back on before I leave?

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks!

Mike

Hi @MikeCMP,

I've been running the high fender kit for getting on 2 years now, but I'm still on the stock mapping. Here in the UK, and in my area particularly, the trails are typically muddy (quite a lot of clay), my bike looks like this a lot:

large.217521476_Itsamuckyone..jpg.1f580ce8d78117f135eec99a04f96192.jpg

I suffer from the radiator getting packed up with mud quite a bit to be honest. Typically I can get away with it for a full day of riding without any overheating issues, but I do have to keep an eye on it, and I'll stop and scrape some of it off when I hear that the fan is running more than its off. I find that chunks of it will dry out fairly well with the heat and you can scrape this off the rad guard screen without forcing it into the radiator itself. I'll also aim for every puddle I can find to get some spray off the front wheel onto the radiator to flush some mud off!

Mostly it doesn't overheat, sure it runs a tad hotter on occasions, but I've never had a boil over.

I've had a overheat warning light on dash once, but that was in a really sh!tty situation where I was plugging through particularly soft, deep muddy field margins. 3rd gear, 3/4 throttle doing about 2-3mph kinda stuff! To be fair I think a lot of bikes would have got a sweat on doing that. 

I have actually been working on a mud screen idea along the lines of the Twin Air screens that they make for MX/Enduro bikes. The idea is to attach a sheet of screen material to a velcro border stuck around the edge of the radiator guard. When it gets packed up with mud I can peel it off and wash it out in a stream or something. The arrival of summer has took some of the urgency out of my plan but I probably need to get it sorted before next winter. 

See the source image

Cheers, Mike

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

There are several people that have voiced their concern with our hose routing. Rest assured, it's been tested extensively and we've been selling them for 18 months without issue.

The fork guard/fender clearance with the Polisport UFX fender is razor-thin as is which is why we suggest trimming 19mm off the top of the fork guards if you're using it). Add the bolt and P clamp might make that tighter or it might just skim by. You'll know for sure the first time you bottom your forks.

Thank you for the heads up.

I'll keep an eye on the clearance issue but so far all looks to be working good.

Maybe moving the fender fwd did the trick

• 5 months later...

Trying to install the high fender on my 2022, didn't have an issue with the 2021. Not sure if I'm missing something but the left side brake line routing seems different than the right side. I had the forks off and I'm not sure if I didn't put it back together but I've looked at the shop manual, owners manual and parts catalog, as well as watched the install video over and over, everything seems correct. Has anyone else had this problem? You can see in the Pic it doesn't run nicely around the flasher bracket and definitely creates a rub point. Running it on the outboard side would help but I'm still left feeling like I've missed something. Any help appreciated. I doubt yamaha changed anything, just can't figure it out. 

IMG_20220214_132233.thumb.jpg.2be9bf2c994721184af66af4cfb6475b.jpg

• 1 month later...

Love the Camel HF kit, the Polisport SM fender is great, no interference with the OEM Radiator guard either!  Growing up on dirt bikes it just seemed like the better look to me! After and stock. 
Tall Rally seat, quad lock mount, I hate the look of luggage mounting bars 75% of the time,  but 100% love the luggage boxes the other 25% of time, I commute 40 miles to work for 24hrs sometimes 48. 

105DDABA-0949-4B59-9D06-1FB2F782BD3A.jpeg

655C48C2-CB5C-4A34-A08A-308FF1683D54.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I too would like to install a high fender but I am concerned that the part will rub against radiator and/or crash bars.   Is there a solution to this problem?

Sorry if this has already been posted.

• Supporting Vendor
On 8/15/2023 at 1:07 AM, eoneil said:

I too would like to install a high fender but I am concerned that the part will rub against radiator and/or crash bars.   Is there a solution to this problem?

Sorry if this has already been posted.

There is no solution for this problem because the problem doesn't exist! If you use one of the recommended fenders on our list and mount in the proper location, it will not rub on the rad. The only crash bars that aren't compatible are those from Altrider.

• Like 2

I bought some products from Camel recently.  Shipped to my inlaws in USA bc shipping was absurd to Switzerland.  Can't wait to install.

I should specify that I have european crash bars by Heed.  Not sure that changes your answer....

• Supporting Vendor

When I run crash bars, I also use HEED, with no issues.

image.jpeg.1e8d5005f2ca5bf45441b47db23be43f.jpeg

Nice.  Just bought the fender kit off your site, sent to LA.

Cheers for the quick feedback.

• Like 1